Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No more miles for Chase debit transactions in July!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plat

Friends - I was shocked to open the notice I received in the mail that because of the Durbin amendment, Chase will no longer be awarding miles for debit card transactions starting in July. Regular credit cards will be, of course, exempted from the new fee controls that are spurring this change.

- Is this a for sure thing?
- Ideas on how to stop this?
- Just need to vent about card benefits rolling back 10 years?

Let's hear it.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 9:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
yes it is true

It is something that is happening across the industry due to some new bank regs

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...ul-2011-a.html
Old Apr 1, 2011, 10:03 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As this has been discussed in depth in the thread cited by WineCountryUA, please follow it in that thread. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.