Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2013, 8:02 pm

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
Originally Posted by kon104
This is sort of a question about the UA forum, but there didn't seem to be a better place, so maybe I'll ask here. Could we make a wiki (maybe on this thread, or whatever happened to that FAQ thread?) with all of the "Consolidated Where to Sit on ..." threads? I'd be happy to put it together (since I keep wanting to look them up and they're notoriously annoying to search for), but I don't have enough posts to make a wiki.
Done, and others have stepped up and populated it already.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 8:20 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by kon104
with all of the "Consolidated Where to Sit on ..." threads?
Originally Posted by a9504477
I'd think this a good idea as it would be a nice alternative to having to search the forum each time.
Originally Posted by GregMM
Done, and others have stepped up and populated it already.
Linky

Moot in case UA mods decide to sticky it.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: UA: PremEx
Hi,

OK, so very simple question... Premier Gold; is it possible to get upgraded on international legs? Ticket fare: Q, travellers 2x Prem Gold. Flight is LAX<->LHR. It's probably going to be a quiet flight, so we're hoping we might get an upgrade. It doesn't say that we're eligible for the upgrade on the Flight information, and their CPU info doesn't really say!

Thanks in advance.

Alex.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by alexcruzfarmer
Hi,

OK, so very simple question... Premier Gold; is it possible to get upgraded on international legs? Ticket fare: Q, travellers 2x Prem Gold. Flight is LAX<->LHR. It's probably going to be a quiet flight, so we're hoping we might get an upgrade. It doesn't say that we're eligible for the upgrade on the Flight information, and their CPU info doesn't really say!

Thanks in advance.

Alex.
There are no complimentary upgrades for flights like LAX-LHR, SFO-LHR, etc. You would have to use a SWU or miles + copay to get an upgrade. There is always a chance you could get an op-up to C, though that seems unlikely if there are others with higher status in still Y.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: UA: PremEx
Hey FS,

Thanks for your reply. Just read the thread about Op-Ups. Good to know, but I'll not hold my breath!
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:11 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by alexcruzfarmer
Just read the thread about Op-Ups. Good to know, but I'll not hold my breath!
I reached 1K about 5 years ago and been 1K on and off, but only got one op up in all those years on about 4 int'l overwater flights per year.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I have a quick question...I've booked a saver F award for IAD-SFO-HNL with the IAD-SFO segment waitlisted for IN inventory (return flights have all cleared). The flight is currently showing R/RN3. Would a waitlisted award ticket cleared before any CPU's? Or could it theoretically be possible that IN never opens, all the while CPU's are being processed?
Old Dec 30, 2013, 2:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by coolbeans202
I have a quick question...I've booked a saver F award for IAD-SFO-HNL with the IAD-SFO segment waitlisted for IN inventory (return flights have all cleared). The flight is currently showing R/RN3. Would a waitlisted award ticket cleared before any CPU's? Or could it theoretically be possible that IN never opens, all the while CPU's are being processed?
A problem with the new system is waitlisted IN is not regularity processed in advance of R space or CPU. You can try calling, there is some chance the agent will clear you. At the gate, waitlist IN should have priority BUT you will need to bring it to the GA's attention -- it can be missed.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll try giving them a call.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 3:22 pm
jk2

Simple question - I'm a Star Alliance Gold with Turkish Miles&Smiles program and travelling on UA flight at coach. Is it correct that Star Alliance Gold members (others than UA) do not get a complimentary access to Economy Plus seats?
Old Dec 30, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jk2
Simple question - I'm a Star Alliance Gold with Turkish Miles&Smiles program and travelling on UA flight at coach. Is it correct that Star Alliance Gold members (others than UA) do not get a complimentary access to Economy Plus seats?
that is correct.
you will get UC access.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 5:15 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
that is correct.
you will get UC access.
Thanks. What is a "UC access"?
Old Dec 30, 2013, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
Thanks. What is a "UC access"?
United Club / lounge access
Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:15 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
United Club / lounge access
Yes, I saw this benefit of being *Gold.

So, it is normal practice that *Gold members do not get upgrades or better coach seats on other *Alliance airlines (only on their own metal)? I mostly fly Delta and remember that being elite member with Delta I got access to preferred seats on Air France/KLM in the past. I think even Alaska elite members get upgrades on Delta flights.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
... So, it is normal practice that *Gold members do not get upgrades or better coach seats on other *Alliance airlines (only on their own metal)? ....
There is no policy in *A providing non-operator *G access to preferred seating -- however, occasionally GAs will offer it, if all their own elites are covered. However that is the exception, not the rule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.