Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:15 pm
Senior Moderator
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
danray, I'd say that unless you plan on flying UA-operated flights soon, there's not an apparent advantage. Here's the UA legacy forum thread on the newly-announced mileage transfer/status match. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...tus-tools.html
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:24 am

Any bonus miles for linking accounts as was the case with Delta and NWA?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 6:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jdw715
Any bonus miles for linking accounts as was the case with Delta and NWA?
The bonus from CO/UA is the status linking. Worth way more than 1000 points to me, though YMMV.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:30 am

Any updates on using CO SWUs on UA metal? I have a flight at the end of the month I'd be willing to apply SWUs to if this were possible.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Lurker1999
Any updates on using CO SWUs on UA metal? I have a flight at the end of the month I'd be willing to apply SWUs to if this were possible.
Not yet, and no indication of a time line at which it will be possible.

If I were a betting man I'd lay odds that the 2010-based CO SWUs (no fare restrictions) will never be valid on UA metal and the 2011-based ones will at the time they are issued, but I have no inside information or other basis for that other than that I think it makes sense.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: SPG, Amex Platinum
Combining CO and UA points

I'm planning a trip to Africa this summer from LAX. Although CO points can get me to Nairobi in Biz class, I was hoping to use my UA to get a more direct route to europe first. Is this possible?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 5:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by aesla11
I'm planning a trip to Africa this summer from LAX. Although CO points can get me to Nairobi in Biz class, I was hoping to use my UA to get a more direct route to europe first. Is this possible?
You query is a bit vague.

Where in Africa to you wish to go?
What do you mean by "more direct route to europe", CO, UA and other *A partners fly to Europe --- and from Europe to Africa service is provided by a number of *A partners (but not by CO/UA)?
Have you considered using any of the other *A partners?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:16 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Any word on COs Rewardsone program? Has United announced any changes to it? I searched but couldn't find any recent posts.

Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by piyush
Any word on COs Rewardsone program? Has United announced any changes to it? I searched but couldn't find any recent posts.

Thanks!
Nothing announced that I've seen yet. I would be surprised if they killed it outright.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA plat, HH, Marriott Platinum,
Do UA miles qualify on CO flights for UA Regionals?

I need to get another 5k miles this quarter to get the UA Regionals. On the UA web site there are flights operated by continental.
Do these flights qualify towards the 10k UA miles you need every quarter to get the UA Regionals. I can't get a straight answer from the 1k desk, MP desk or IT desk.

Thanks
KA
Old Apr 10, 2011, 9:34 am
Senior Moderator
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
First, let me move this thread to our "basic, simple question thread." Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.

As a member, I'd say that your travel to qualify for UA confirmed regionals has to be on United/United Express metal only. My cite: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,53017,00.html :

"Any elite member who earns 75,000 EQM or 90 EQS will get two Regional Upgrades. You can earn two more for every 25,000 EQM/30 EQS earned after that in the same calendar year - with no limit to how many can be earned. For 2011 1K members (earned as of January 1), these upgrades are in addition to the two you'll earn for each quarter in which you fly at least 10,000 paid, qualifying miles on United or United Express."
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kalagapp
I need to get another 5k miles this quarter to get the UA Regionals. On the UA web site there are flights operated by continental.
Do these flights qualify towards the 10k UA miles you need every quarter to get the UA Regionals. I can't get a straight answer from the 1k desk, MP desk or IT desk.

Thanks
KA
While the online rules still refer to UA/UX only metal travel, the practice appears to also now include CO metal.
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...1-edition.html for FT reports inferring CO metal travel counts.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
UDU for newly matched 1K!

I have 'searched' & can't find the exact procedures listed for the UDU process, other than the general description! I am totally new to the UA system, so would appreciate some explanation about what to expect!

Right now, a couple of my reservations (booked on CO) w/UA legs show 'upgrade: pending' -- so I am assuming that if the UDU comes through -- it will say 'confirmed' with a new seat assignment -- is this correct?!
Old Apr 10, 2011, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by mnmag
I have 'searched' & can't find the exact procedures listed for the UDU process, other than the general description! I am totally new to the UA system, so would appreciate some explanation about what to expect!

Right now, a couple of my reservations (booked on CO) w/UA legs show 'upgrade: pending' -- so I am assuming that if the UDU comes through -- it will say 'confirmed' with a new seat assignment -- is this correct?!
you are correct

Until you reach the time window for your status, you will have the Pending message.
Once you reach the time window, you will become Confirmed or Waitlisted.

There is a mega-thread on UDU, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-ownwards.html that may be useful to follow to learn more on UDU.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
you are correct

Until you reach the time window for your status, you will have the Pending message.
Once you reach the time window, you will become Confirmed or Waitlisted.

There is a mega-thread on UDU, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-ownwards.html that may be useful to follow to learn more on UDU.
Thanks! I have a separate issue w/a rez booked on CO in Dec w/mixed metal. I called UA to get seat assignments (as I wasn't able to 'see' the seating chart on .bomb even w/the UA PNR#), and I asked the agent if I am eligible for UDU, to which he responded 'yes'. Well, I don't believe this is true, as my rez is showing the seat assignments, but no 'pending' msg.! So, I guess I need to call back & figure out what the issue is!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.