Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The farest out you can change is 24 hours later. Say 1 hour prior to departure, you can change to a flight 23 hours after departure (if available). You can do this multiple times. Note many of the lower fare class may not be available at the 24 hour point. Usually but far from always the lower fares may not be available until 2-3 hours prior to that flight's departure.

The website is pretty clear.
Perfect - just what I needed. Guilty as charged on failing to find the old UA website page from my I-phone (MUCH thanks).

Of course, before last week, we could look ahead to see which flights have which fare buckets available.....
Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cmculp
... Of course, before last week, we could look ahead to see which flights have which fare buckets available.....
still can but not for now on united.com. Flightstats, ExpertFlyer, KVS, ...
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:28 pm

Have a simple question about the consolidated UA/CO? Ask here.

Can I still use continental drink vouchers (no expiration date) on UA flights?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlightRN/EMT
Can I still use continental drink vouchers (no expiration date) on UA flights?
I have none but others have been success
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...-currency.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...s-flights.html
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:14 am

Have a simple question about the consolidated UA/CO? Ask here.

Thank you much WineCountryUA!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Is this award routing legal JFK-BRU (11 hours in BRU)-ARN (stopover)-FCO in business. Then open jaw of VCE-MUC (8 hours in MUC)-BOS in econ? It would be great if I only had to spend 80k on each roundtrip ticket!

And actually - how long can be stopover be? I am hoping for a few days...
Old Sep 20, 2012, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by stompey5
Is this award routing legal JFK-BRU (11 hours in BRU)-ARN (stopover)-FCO in business. Then open jaw of VCE-MUC (8 hours in MUC)-BOS in econ? It would be great if I only had to spend 80k on each roundtrip ticket!

And actually - how long can be stopover be? I am hoping for a few days...
Should be fine.

No limit on the length of the stopover other than the life of the ticket.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
1k UG Handicap--$100?

Here's the situation. I'm a 1K and my travel companion is not even enrolled in MPlus. I buy rt tix for us SGN-HKG-SGN. We just flew first leg this morning and airport splits our PNR. Rationale is to give me (1K) slight advantage if only 1 seat opens up. I didn't get it but we preferred sitting together in E+ anyway in row 7. Now tomorrow we go head back to SGN and I'm doing online check-in for the both of us.

1 - As 1k I'm offered immediate UG for $179.
2 - My friend, not even enrolled, is offered E+ for $59 (our PNR got split) and biz UG for $79.
3 - So now I see as 1k I'm penalized $100 for an instant biz UG. How's that for loyalty?
4 - Sarcasm aside, I'm genuinely intrigued about how UA does the valuation formula for this situation. I want to know!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Redepositing award tickets

Hey all, I know that 1Ks and PPs can cancel award tickets and re-deposit miles for free, but I'm wondering when those benefits take effect. I'm a 1P now and will make PP next month -- and 1K for the first time by the end of the year! But right now, I want to grab a nice saver award for a trip I may or may not be able to take next May. If I book the award when I'm a 1P can I still cancel for free when I'm a PP/1K, or is it based on status when the ticket was booked? And is this the same no matter whether I'm flying UA or a *A partner? Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:41 pm

Hi sorry but a newbie question. I have an award flight, C class from NRT-BKK-MEL-AKL-NAN next year but the last segment is Y class since its a single cabin flight. Arrival in AKL is 12mn and flight to NAN is arnd 7am. I wonder if I can have access to the Business class lounge in AKL? I understand that if I change my inbound flight with the same carriers outside 21 days, I dnt pay any charge except for the difference in taxes, right? Thanks very much

Last edited by Arthur Jeciel; Sep 20, 2012 at 12:53 pm
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by Arthur Jeciel
Hi sorry but a newbie question. I have an award flight, C class from NRT-BKK-MEL-AKL-NAN next year but the last segment is Y class since its a single cabin flight. Arrival in AKL is 12mn and flight to NAN is arnd 7am. I wonder if I can have access to the Business class lounge in AKL? Thanks very much
If you're *A Gold (in any class) then you will but if not then you won't because you have to be departing the airport in business class for access. While I don't know for sure I'm guessing the lounge will not be open for most of that time anyway in the middle of the night..it'll probably open around 5-6am.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Arthur Jeciel
Hi sorry but a newbie question. I have an award flight, C class from NRT-BKK-MEL-AKL-NAN next year but the last segment is Y class since its a single cabin flight. Arrival in AKL is 12mn and flight to NAN is arnd 7am. I wonder if I can have access to the Business class lounge in AKL? Thanks very much
No - closes around 11.30pm when the last flight departs. Opens again at 4:30am.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by staeiou
Hey all, I know that 1Ks and PPs can cancel award tickets and re-deposit miles for free, but I'm wondering when those benefits take effect. I'm a 1P now and will make PP next month -- and 1K for the first time by the end of the year! But right now, I want to grab a nice saver award for a trip I may or may not be able to take next May. If I book the award when I'm a 1P can I still cancel for free when I'm a PP/1K, or is it based on status when the ticket was booked? And is this the same no matter whether I'm flying UA or a *A partner? Thanks!
Status at the time of the transaction is what I've always seen as in effect. So the refund would take the status you hold when it is requested, not from the time of booking.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Moved to stopover/open jaw thread

Last edited by stompey5; Sep 20, 2012 at 7:57 pm
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:26 am

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
Status at the time of the transaction is what I've always seen as in effect. So the refund would take the status you hold when it is requested, not from the time of booking.
That makes sense, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.