Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2012, 4:08 am

I have to admit that I haven't read the first few thousand posts on this thead.

My question is: Why do I and for how long will I get error messages attempting to book a simple, one way international award? The CO site used to be great, and now it seeems worthless.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 4:42 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
I have to admit that I haven't read the first few thousand posts on this thead.

My question is: Why do I and for how long will I get error messages attempting to book a simple, one way international award? The CO site used to be great, and now it seeems worthless.
Most of the time its because the final destination country requires onward travel
Call the web help desk and they will book it for you without any additional fee's
Old Apr 22, 2012, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
call the GS desk -- GS benefits are not publicly published.

doubtful -- but worth a call to the GS desk. In the new system, the status is based on the sponsor not the traveller.
That's what they say but I traveled recently on a ps flight with upgrade sponsored by GS and was something like 11 of 13 on the upgrade list. It doesn't seem likely that 11 of the 13 people on the list were GS.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Unhappy Got a response from 1K line but not a satisfying one

Originally Posted by silver springer
Hi. I really do not like the new website. My husband and I , both 1Ks, have our first United flight since March 3 next Thursday, a flight to from BWI-IAH-SAT leaving at 1pm on Thursday. I don't see anywhere on the reservation that we are waitlisted for a CPU as I think they call the free upgrades. By my calculation, our 100 hour window kicks in tomorrow morning. Will I see something then that we are waitlisted for the upgrade? On the old website, we saw that right away after the flights were booked.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom on how this works.
I called the 1K line, got an agent from Chicago who told me that they (agents) can no longer see who is on the waitlist, particularly at 100 hours. She said she received 3 calls this morning on same issue and offered to have me talk to a supervisor. The supervisor confirmed that we will not see anything about upgrade waitlisted. I related that I had read that many elites are not on the waitlist and call to be added so asked her how we know. She said she can see it by a line on the special services listing and we are on the waitlist but said upgrades are not guaranteed. Today I looked at the status of the first leg on Thursday, BWI-IAH and saw F9, R9, RN9 so it will be interesting to see if we do get the upgrades. The supervisor suggested we could write to united customer service to provide comments. The new United....leaves a lot to be desired.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Originally Posted by Roka
That's what they say but I traveled recently on a ps flight with upgrade sponsored by GS and was something like 11 of 13 on the upgrade list. It doesn't seem likely that 11 of the 13 people on the list were GS.
Others were probably paid fares with instrument upgrades.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by LordTentacle
Most of the time its because the final destination country requires onward travel
Call the web help desk and they will book it for you without any additional fee's
Thanks for your response and the indication that a phone booking in this case might duck the phone fee charge.

I'm not familiar with the requisite "onward travel". I'm trying to e more informed-any pointers to offer?

Thanks again.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 1:30 pm

Hi all. I flew US air with MP# exactly two weeks ago this day, and the miles haven't posted yet. Is this normal? Should I request for missing miles?

Thanks.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 3:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by accrue450
Hi all. I flew US air with MP# exactly two weeks ago this day, and the miles haven't posted yet. Is this normal? Should I request for missing miles?

Thanks.
Mileage posting has been slow since 3/3 system change but 2 weeks is longer than the recent normal (even for partner flights).
Was there any thing unusual about the flights?

First try Requesting a credit to your MileagePlus account

With the new system, partner flights can not be handled online -- the above link provide instructions for e-mail requests. (fair warning the whole customer response system is still backed up and responses may take a couple of weeks.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Mileage posting has been slow since 3/3 system change but 2 weeks is longer than the recent normal (even for partner flights).
Was there any thing unusual about the flights?

First try Requesting a credit to your MileagePlus account

With the new system, partner flights can not be handled online -- the above link provide instructions for e-mail requests. (fair warning the whole customer response system is still backed up and responses may take a couple of weeks.
had mp number on the original booking. nothing unusual for the first half of the trip, though second half they accidentally switched my mp number with a travel companion's, but i corrected it at the us air gate. you'd think regardless the first half would post already, no?

thanks for the info. will send them an email.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus, Qatar Privilege Club
K class earning on LH

Hi,

I have a booking on matrix ita software which shows Lufthansa economy class tickets with a K code, but it's not listed here: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=298 , which leads to believe it earns nothing.

Is this true? It looks like a discount economy ticket that should be earning 100% on LH.

Thanks,
Old Apr 22, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: United Gold
IRROPS booked to C, will I get 150% PQMs?

The MDT-IAD segment of my MDT-IAD-LAX-HNL flight went mechanical yesterday, so I missed my connection to LAX and HNL. I had cleared into R on the LAX-HNL portion via CPU (hooray!). The agent at the counter rebooked me MDT-ORD-SFO-HNL and tried to keep me in R for the SFO-HNL portion but could only find C. So after 50 mintues, a talk with his supervisor there at MDT, and a call to someone on the phone, he booked me into C. So I'm wondering if I get the 150% PQMs or just the normal 100%?

Also, on the SFO-HNL flight, the FAs had a hot water container full of dry ice on the cart with the ice cream sundaes. First time I ever saw that on a plane. It was cool
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:49 pm

Programs: ExpertFlyer, FE Personal
drop seat assignment

any chance an agent will change my seat to unassigned? flight is later this week

I took the last Y seat on the map but they sold more K after mine. Those people are unassigned.

Im sitting middle on a 319 trans-con. EF shows 4 seats blocked in the back, 2D 2E, a 50% chance of getting not middle.

I doubt a seat alert will bail me out on a packed 319.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA, Hilton
Re: Rules changed for Stopover on Upgraded Itinerary ?

I called United last weekend and found the following thus far:

- My understanding of the stopover rules for upgraded itineraries was correct;
we can make a stopover on each direction.

- However, the UA staff I talked also had the same problem as I had;
two segments (flights before and after the stopover) appeared to require
separate upgrade. She fixed it somehow and now I got all flights on each
direction upgraded (more precisely, some are waitlisted) as a single
upgrade awarad.

- PN > 0 makes sense only for "Premier Instant Upgrade Fare" ; for other
cases, upgrading B/M also need RN > 0.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Sphinx21
Hi,

I have a booking on matrix ita software which shows Lufthansa economy class tickets with a K code, but it's not listed here: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=298 , which leads to believe it earns nothing.

Is this true? It looks like a discount economy ticket that should be earning 100% on LH.

Thanks,
Yes, it is correct. UA MP does not provide credit for LH flights booked in K. LH provides only minimal credit for those flights.

Originally Posted by love_to_travel
...So I'm wondering if I get the 150% PQMs or just the normal 100%?
You might get the higher number of miles. If so just take it and be happy. If not, roll with it.

Originally Posted by love_to_travel
Also, on the SFO-HNL flight, the FAs had a hot water container full of dry ice on the cart with the ice cream sundaes. First time I ever saw that on a plane. It was cool
They shouldn't be putting the dry ice in hot water. That would be quite the chemistry display.
Originally Posted by clttown
any chance an agent will change my seat to unassigned? flight is later this week
It is unlikely that an individual agent will reassign your seat without you requesting it. Anything is possible, but that particular scenario is unlikely.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: SQ KF (ex-UA)
Mileage accrual on ANA?

Posted a thread about this, but realized that my question might be more suited for this thread.

I am about to purchase an itinerary from IAD to SIN on ANA, but I notice that according to the ANA website my chosen fare class (S) only has 70% mileage accrual.

UA's website, however, says that I should receive 100% mileage accrual for all international itineraries on ANA in this fare class.

Does anyone know which policy controls in this case? Will I receive 100% or 70% EQM on UA for this itinerary? If it's only 70%, I might as well book an SQ flight connecting through LHR even though I wouldn't earn any mileage for the first leg on Virgin Atlantic.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.