Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by noonflyer
Who do I contact if my UA and CO accounts didn't merge properly? I have two accounts that should have been combined but wasn't. I like to keep everything (records, earnings, etc.) to CO account. Please help.
Your previous UA should been converted to a "new" MP account. You can find out the new account id by logging on using your old MP account id.

With that info and your old OP account id, go to
Home > MileagePlus > Merge MileagePlus Accounts
Old Apr 20, 2012, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by redwoman
Go to the mileage plus section on the website and look at the tabs for earning miles, and premier benefits. You need to reach Platinum (75K PQMs) to earn RPUs.

I have looked at both those tabs and neither explains the thresholds for earning RPUs. I earn 4 at 75k and 2 per 25k thereafter upon initial qualification. And then 2 per 10k per quarter afterwards? That is what it seems to say on flyer guide, http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...ade_/_CR-1_(UA)

Here are the premium benefits and earning miles links which do not appear to have info on thresholds for RPUs:

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...n/default.aspx
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...r/default.aspx
Old Apr 20, 2012, 8:40 pm

Thanks, link worked. Will this bring all my records over to CO? Will I be able to see records from both acct?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Roka
I have looked at both those tabs and neither explains the thresholds for earning RPUs. I earn 4 at 75k and 2 per 25k thereafter upon initial qualification. And then 2 per 10k per quarter afterwards? That is what it seems to say on flyer guide, http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...ade_/_CR-1_(UA)

Here are the premium benefits and earning miles links which do not appear to have info on thresholds for RPUs:

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...n/default.aspx
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...r/default.aspx
the wiki is out of date (it states what was true for one transition year for grandfathered 1Ks).

see Home > MileagePlus > Use miles > Upgrades overview > Regional Premier Upgrades

Premier members will earn two Regional Premier Upgrades when they reach 75,000 Premier qualifying miles (PQM) or 90 Premier qualifying segments (PQS), plus two more for each 25,000 PQM or 30 PQS earned thereafter.
2 RPUs @ 75K PQMs or 90 PQSs
2 more RPUs for each additional 25K PQMs or 30 PQSs

Originally Posted by noonflyer
Thanks, link worked. Will this bring all my records over to CO? Will I be able to see records from both acct?
believe once you pick the primary account, everything will be moved to that account and the other account will be closed.

BTW, CO or OnePass is not longer used, it is UA and MileagePlus now.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 20, 2012 at 9:02 pm Reason: self merge
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
the wiki is out of date (it states what was true for one transition year for grandfathered 1Ks).

see Home > MileagePlus > Use miles > Upgrades overview > Regional Premier Upgrades

2 RPUs @ 75K PQMs or 90 PQSs
2 more RPUs for each additional 25K PQMs or 30 PQSs

believe once you pick the primary account, everything will be moved to that account and the other account will be closed.

BTW, CO or OnePass is not longer used, it is UA and MileagePlus now.
Thank you.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:08 pm

Upgraded with miles from LAX to MAD via IAD. Miles were fully deducted. IAD-MAD segment was upgraded instantaneously, whereas LAX-IAD, MAD-IAD, and IAD-LAX segments remain on waitlist, with F/B seats available. Any idea why?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by SpookJF
Upgraded with miles from LAX to MAD via IAD. Miles were fully deducted. IAD-MAD segment was upgraded instantaneously, whereas LAX-IAD, MAD-IAD, and IAD-LAX segments remain on waitlist, with F/B seats available. Any idea why?
Availablity of seats is a neccessary condition but not the only condition. There must upgrade inventory. That's R inventory
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ilability.html
additionally miles wih be deducted in advance even if waitlisted.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K
How do see Upgrade Balance and usage

Hey Folks

I can't figure out how to look at CR1 and SWU usage and activity on UA.com.

Am I missing something?

The main page tells me I have 2 CR1's that I thought I used.

Any tips?

Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2012, 3:58 pm

Availablity of seats is a neccessary condition but not the only condition. There must upgrade inventory. That's R inventory
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ilability.html
additionally miles wih be deducted in advance even if waitlisted.
Does more award inventory open as date of departure gets closer?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by boulderflyer21
Hey Folks

I can't figure out how to look at CR1 and SWU usage and activity on UA.com.

Am I missing something?

The main page tells me I have 2 CR1's that I thought I used.

Any tips?

Thanks
There is less info available then PMUA but there is some details available on the new site.
Hover the mouse over the
Regional Premier Upgrades:
Global Premier Upgrades:
labels and you will see their expiration dates

on the Account details page and then select "View all activity"
at the bottom of this page you will see how RPU/GPUs have been applied (since 3/3)

Given some of the recent issues, it would not be surprizing to have a waitlist request not showing in the All Activity report-- that would the first thing I would look at.

I have started a more detailed personal spreadsheet to keep more info on RPUs/GPUs -- when applied, for what flight, for which traveller, success / failure, ....

Originally Posted by SpookJF
Does more award inventory open as date of departure gets closer?
sometimes yes , sometimes no -- mostly yes but no guarantees and it will depend on where you are on the waitlist
Old Apr 21, 2012, 4:39 pm

Another Simple RPU Question

Can you use an RPU to upgrade an award ticket?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 5:33 pm

Can you use an RPU to upgrade an award ticket?
Only if a GS elite - so in general no.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Where do we see online that we are waitlisted for a CPU

Hi. I really do not like the new website. My husband and I , both 1Ks, have our first United flight since March 3 next Thursday, a flight to from BWI-IAH-SAT leaving at 1pm on Thursday. I don't see anywhere on the reservation that we are waitlisted for a CPU as I think they call the free upgrades. By my calculation, our 100 hour window kicks in tomorrow morning. Will I see something then that we are waitlisted for the upgrade? On the old website, we saw that right away after the flights were booked.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom on how this works.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 8:55 pm

Only if a GS elite - so in general no.
If GS, can you use RPU to upgrade own award reservation? Where can I find info on this -- I don't see any explanation of differing benefits for GS on the RPU explanation page. Thanks.

If GS, can you use RPU to upgrade own award reservation? Where can I find info on this -- I don't see any explanation of differing benefits for GS on the RPU explanation page. Thanks.
Follow-up question: If GS, and out of RPUs, can I use someone else's RPU to upgrade an award ticket for me? This would be from coach to business on ps flight.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 22, 2012 at 2:41 am Reason: merge
Old Apr 21, 2012, 9:18 pm

call the GS desk -- GS benefits are not publicly published.

Follow-up question: If GS, and out of RPUs, can I use someone else's RPU to upgrade an award ticket for me? This would be from coach to business on ps flight.
doubtful -- but worth a call to the GS desk. In the new system, the status is based on the sponsor not the traveller.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.