Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Old Apr 18, 12, 4:44 pm

Just booked first award ticket on different metal

I book a united award flight on US Air...could someone pls tell me what counter do I go to for check-in...btw it 1st class saver, do I get to go to the 1st class line for check-in? Thank you
Old Apr 18, 12, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by jimmycopp99 View Post
I book a united award flight on US Air...could someone pls tell me what counter do I go to for check-in...btw it 1st class saver, do I get to go to the 1st class line for check-in? Thank you
you'll be checking in at the US Air ticket counter. Additionally, you'll have access to the first class line.

enjoy your trip
Old Apr 18, 12, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies View Post
The meal codes have been inaccurate on the majority of flights. You should receive dinner and breakfast.
Thanks!

It's also showing PQMs of 0% for the IAD-MAD portion, but when I make a dummy reservation with the same fare class, the IAD-MAD portion is 100% PQM eligible.

Are those systems also screwed up?
Old Apr 18, 12, 5:14 pm

Programs: their are many of them
Originally Posted by SpookJF View Post
Thanks!

It's also showing PQMs of 0% for the IAD-MAD portion, but when I make a dummy reservation with the same fare class, the IAD-MAD portion is 100% PQM eligible.

The IAD -MAD leg is an air lingus flight on air lingus metal, and the new UA website is full glitches..... If you book with Booking code that should earn u miles you will get them though it may take some time to have the miles credited.

blame the shares interacting with air lingus systems
Old Apr 18, 12, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Thanks!

UA Insider/Shannon confirmed that the agreement is still in place to earn EQMs/EQS/Lifetime miles on this route, despite the booking area showing 0%. I'd link you to her post, but the search function and my iPhone don't get along very well.
Old Apr 18, 12, 5:42 pm

Thanks again guys.

I was on the phone today for 15 minutes with a MP rep who kept giving me a different answer every time I asked the same question about PQM eligibility. She basically said: "why don't you just fly and then see what happens?"

I mean, I guess that's probably the best option. But they should know UA's policies, damn it. I mean, the page on United's website regarding the Aer Lingus IAD-MAD flights specifically states that the flight is 100% PQM eligible.

I'm a lowly 2P (for about 3 years now), but I don't know if I'll do my best to get status this year. The fact that I can't select E+ seats on time of booking means there's very little motivation to make 2P. Forget about UDUs.
Old Apr 18, 12, 5:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
.... But they should know UA's policies, damn it. I mean, the page on United's website regarding the Aer Lingus IAD-MAD flights specifically states that the flight is 100% PQM eligible. .....
It is a poor excuse, but considering the number of changes, the sheer number of "special cases" and the fact all the folks are unfamiliar with 1/2 the operations, I'm not terrible surprised. Such as as PMCO folks are unfamiliar with the unique special case of IAD-MAD flights. Just as PMUA folks are unfamiliar with COPA being a part of MP.
When you call, you are most likely talking to a person whose primary job is as a reservation agent and elite benefits in a corner case they probably never encountered is likely to be unfamiliar to them.
Old Apr 19, 12, 12:28 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Mileage Plus
United stopover help

Can someone direct me to where to find basic info about how to use United awards with stopovers? Flying home from Europe (not picky) and want to stopover somewhere interesting.
Old Apr 19, 12, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fillerlady View Post
Can someone direct me to where to find basic info about how to use United awards with stopovers? Flying home from Europe (not picky) and want to stopover somewhere interesting.
Book multi-city online. Should be fine.
Old Apr 19, 12, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, 1MM, Marriott Gold, Global Entry
Tried to use the Chase/United, Choices program today. Chase no longer puts the Reference number on your Chase CC statement for each flight, so one must call chase to get it if you are using a flight within the last 90 days not in current activity.

Filled out the form completely, checked the box, clicked the process button and sent me back to the form without anything filled in. Nothing worked.

Anyone know if this program is still active?

It is active! Just got it to work using IE..no luck on Firefox

Last edited by Pegasus23; Apr 19, 12 at 2:32 pm
Old Apr 19, 12, 1:16 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Mileage Plus
Are there any tricks to using stopovers with United like there are with Aadvantage? IE booking one leg to the gateway city before May 15 and the rest of the flight from the gateway (ORD) after that for lower award points?
Old Apr 19, 12, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Pegasus23 View Post
Tried to use the Chase/United, Choices program today. Chase no longer puts the Reference number on your Chase CC statement for each flight, so one must call chase to get it....
it is there
Click the + on the transaction to display the transaction reference number of your united.com flight purchase you will need for redemption.
Old Apr 19, 12, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
[[Click the + on the transaction to display the transaction reference number of your united.com flight purchase you will need for redemption. ]]

Thanks for pointing out clicking on the + sign. However, If one is redeeming a flight not on "current activity" [Can go back 90 days] Then the reference number is not printed on the monthly statement and one will have to call chase to get it.
Old Apr 19, 12, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Pegasus23 View Post
Thanks for pointing out clicking on the + sign. However, If one is redeeming a flight not on "current activity" [Can go back 90 days] Then the reference number is not printed on the monthly statement and one will have to call chase to get it.
You can list the more detailed "activity info" with the reference number for the present period and 3 previous months in the Account Activity area -- select "Since last statement" (default) or one of three previous months.
Old Apr 19, 12, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
You can list the more detailed "activity info" with the reference number for the present period and 3 previous months in the Account Activity area -- select "Since last statement" (default) or one of three previous months.
Fantastic!!!!!

I stand corrected.

Thanks again!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: