Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:48 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Col Ronson
those meal vouchers they give you... Do they work at any airport
Or only the ones they got issued at?
they are only good at the airport they are issued at and are valid for 24 hours from dare if issue so if you're overnighted, you can use them for breakfast. Also some airport hotels will accept them is it's worthwhile to ask at check-in or the hotel restaurant. Lastly, where I am one not to let things go to waste, if I can't use them, I'll look for military folks in uniform (with preference to the Coast Guard ) or families with young children-tho note that you have to sign the firm whether you use it or give to someone else
Old Mar 31, 2012, 8:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nissan720
Booked trip today DEN - CDG and FCO - DEN Each with lots of flights in-between

Realized that after all that time on the phone (~1 hour on hold + 15 minutes booking) I forgot to book DEN - Hawaii....

Since this should be no extra points cost can I still call back and get this added on?

Thanks,
Nissan
It is only the same number of points if booked in F; there will be at a 5000 mile surcharge to get back to Hawaii in Y or C. You'll almost certainly also be charged a change fee to do this depending on your status because it is a different award zone. If you are within 24 hours you should be able to cancel for free but no guarantees that the same award inventory will be there.
Originally Posted by goalie
Why would one need to flag an account as not updated if in fact the account is updated or in your example not needing to be updated as it is already updated. If for sake of argument, section abc was not complete and I completed it and hit "save", that should save it on the host as updated and thus eliminate any future messages regardless of what cookies are set on my end as the data is not stored on my end-only accessed on my end.
I have no insight as to why it would be set that way. I'm simply offering up an opinion as to one reason you might be experiencing the behavior you are. It is pretty easy to test out.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 1MM Lifetime Gold, starting AK, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by rkaradi
Anyone else not getting text information about upgrades and flight info. Stopped working on 2/28. I also added my wifes number and it's the secondary, and she now gets phone calls about flights. So wierd. I even went to my phone and texted the number provided, and still nothing.
I have the same problem, but this morning I discovered that my profile no longer included a request for text/phone notification. I imagine it got dropped during integration. We'll see if updating the profile has fixed the problem.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:35 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by ccharles
Originally Posted by rkaradi
Anyone else not getting text information about upgrades and flight info. Stopped working on 2/28. I also added my wifes number and it's the secondary, and she now gets phone calls about flights. So wierd. I even went to my phone and texted the number provided, and still nothing.
I have the same problem, but this morning I discovered that my profile no longer included a request for text/phone notification. I imagine it got dropped during integration. We'll see if updating the profile has fixed the problem.
Are either of you using both your phone number in your profile and that of someone else? The reason that I ask is that I have my cell as my primary phone number and PMUA, it was also listed under goalie-mom, goalie-dad & goalie-dad as a primary SMS number and also as a secondary voice contact number but under COdbaUA, the vastly superior system cannot handle that and will not recognize my number but once I deleted my number from the other profiles, I was able to receive texts and have the VRU recognize my cell number. Worth a shot to try on your end
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by goalie
Are either of you using both your phone number in your profile and that of someone else? The reason that I ask is that I have my cell as my primary phone number and PMUA, it was also listed under goalie-mom, goalie-dad & goalie-dad as a primary SMS number and also as a secondary voice contact number but under COdbaUA, the vastly superior system cannot handle that and will not recognize my number but once I deleted my number from the other profiles, I was able to receive texts and have the VRU recognize my cell number. Worth a shot to try on your end
My phone was set as the primary on my SO's account I took it off we'll see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 4:23 am

Programs: ROP Gold, HHonors Diamond, Accor Platinum
Award mileage changed???

I just checked the travel awards table and was shocked by the amount of miles required for saver and standard award travel, e.g. Europe to US round trip 60k/110k saver/standard (now called easy pass, is this standard award?).
I thought it was much less before?
Am I wrong, or do I get less for my award miles now?
Old Apr 1, 2012, 6:41 am

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Originally Posted by kleinh17
I just checked the travel awards table and was shocked by the amount of miles required for saver and standard award travel, e.g. Europe to US round trip 60k/110k saver/standard (now called easy pass, is this standard award?).
I thought it was much less before?
Am I wrong, or do I get less for my award miles now?
They went up last June. Here's the old chart.

Specifically from 55/110 to 60/110.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 8:33 am

Question New United Upgrade Policy

I understand that United has changed its policy on upgrades. The new policy requires that upgrades be requested at least 24 hours before flights. Does anyone know details of the process to request upgrades?
Old Apr 1, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
question about lounge access. Flying from FRA-SFO (in LH F) then SFO-LAX 3 hours later in UA F, will we get lounge access in SFO? No status.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:26 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!,UAFlyer14
Originally Posted by UAFlyer14
I understand that United has changed its policy on upgrades. The new policy requires that upgrades be requested at least 24 hours before flights. Does anyone know details of the process to request upgrades?
The new policy is new requests to be waitlisted can not be handled in the last 24 hours before departure.
Preexisting requests will be carried over to the Upgrade StandBy List -- but new requests can not be added.
Believe this does not apply to CPU (Complimentary Premier Upgrades).
It is my understanding, if upgrade space does exist (R,RN>0), if an upgrade is requested and you would be cleared immediate, this can still be done in the last 24 hour. It can not be done at the airport but can be done via a phone agent.

Pre-24 hour upgrades can be requested on the phone or online.
if you are unfamiliar with the online process, this might help http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...r-upgrade.html

Originally Posted by AZbba
question about lounge access. Flying from FRA-SFO (in LH F) then SFO-LAX 3 hours later in UA F, will we get lounge access in SFO? No status.
No for SFO, the pertinent Star Alliance rule for International First Class Customers w/o status is
Customer must be departing from the local airport in International First Class
and
UA UC does not provide access for Domestic F

If you had Gold status with any *A partner, you would have access.

But do visits the LH IFL in FRA.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Can someone define this for me?

PQM/PQS criteria, including four flights* on United or Copa
What are four flights? Are they segments? Does it include bonus for first class? Is it a roundtrip? Do one ways count?

TIA
Old Apr 1, 2012, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 100% Green
What are four flights? Are they segments? Does it include bonus for first class? Is it a roundtrip? Do one ways count?
Any four segments operated by UA/CM.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
Any four segments operated by UA/CM.
Thanks. Does it include bonus for F/C/D/Y bookings or is it only BIS segments?
Old Apr 1, 2012, 3:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 100% Green
Thanks. Does it include bonus for F/C/D/Y bookings or is it only BIS segments?
4 separate flights (not PQS)
Old Apr 1, 2012, 4:54 pm

How long should I wait before I get worried or call UA to get the "ticketed" email for a reservation?

Made two yesterday -- one "ticketed" email came within 4 minutes, the other still hasn't been sent and isn't ticketed when I check it online. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.