Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:54 am

"Four Paid Flights"

Last year I flew little and dropped down to general member. This year, I already have >25,000 PQM. 4 segments on UA, but not 4 itineraries. All PQM miles have posted, but I'm still listed as "member." For a while.

According to new rules, "four paid flights" on UA (or Copa) are required to qualify for status. I had interpreted this as 4 segments. What does "four paid flights" means? Is it four segments, and they are just delayed in assigning status? is it 4 itineraries? Is it 4 one-way portions?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by schwarm
What does "four paid flights" means? Is it four segments,
Yes, it is.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:34 am

What does it mean to "accept and acknowledge" the flight times changes United has made.

United has changed my flights for a reservation in May - I attempted to change my flights on-line on the manage reservation page. This page only offers me the option to "accept and acknowledge" the flight times changes United has made. At least 2 of my 6 flights don't connect now, and depending on the flights available the whole reservation may be destroyed.

I have sent two emails - but I am not holding my breath. Still have not heard from the last 4 emails I sent about 2 months ago.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: United Gold
I have recently used an RPU (waitlisted) for an IAD-LAX-HNL trip and I was just wondering the following:

1. Is the fare class I need to watch RN or R or both?

2. Does the RPU automatically clear once the proper fare class becomes available or do I need to call (assuming that my RPU is first in the waitlist)?

3. Is it possible to be upgraded via CPU before the RPU clears or will the RPU always process first?

4. If the RPU fails to clear by T-24, how do I get back on the upgrade list?

Thanks.

p.s. I just signed up for an ExpertFlyer trail membership to watch the fare class and it seems pretty cool so far
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:36 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by love_to_travel
I have recently used an RPU (waitlisted) for an IAD-LAX-HNL trip and I was just wondering the following:

1. Is the fare class I need to watch RN or R or both?

2. Does the RPU automatically clear once the proper fare class becomes available or do I need to call (assuming that my RPU is first in the waitlist)?

3. Is it possible to be upgraded via CPU before the RPU clears or will the RPU always process first?

4. If the RPU fails to clear by T-24, how do I get back on the upgrade list?

Thanks.

p.s. I just signed up for an ExpertFlyer trail membership to watch the fare class and it seems pretty cool so far
1. Both, RN is an expanded inventory for elites, but it is very rare to see more RN than R.

2. It is automatic, but not instantaneous. It will clear a couple to several hours after R becomes available.

3. RPU will clear first.

4. You will still be on the upgrade waitlist with RPU priority. It is just that it will be transferred from the EUA/UDU waitlist to the airport upgrade list.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by noamaan
Can I book the flight for now, and then put myself on some waitlist for when saver seats open on my ideal day? What's the exact process for doing this (do I have to call? is there a link online?)

Originally Posted by sbm12

Yes, but you have to call to waitlist the alternate date/flight.
Has anyone had success waitlisting for an alternate reward flight post SHARES? I've called twice and the agents say they can no longer do that (I assume they were PMUA agents). Or maybe these two agents just didn't know how to do it?

Last edited by Potreroflyr; Mar 29, 2012 at 1:44 pm Reason: context
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: United 1K, 1M
First page shown when you log into united.com

Does anyone know how to control the first page shown after you login to united.com. I always come up in the "MileagePlus Account Update" page. I would prefer to come up in the home page. Thx.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by mdspadeccom
Does anyone know how to control the first page shown after you login to united.com. I always come up in the "MileagePlus Account Update" page. I would prefer to come up in the home page. Thx.
There is no option for this.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:45 pm

There is no option for this.
But there is some variability, as I have friends who come up elsewhere.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:46 pm

But there is some variability, as I have friends who come up elsewhere.
You should normally come up in the account summary screen if you log in from the home page. I don't know of any other variability in the process.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 3:20 pm

You should normally come up in the account summary screen if you log in from the home page. I don't know of any other variability in the process.
But I come up in the "MileagePlus Account Update" page. It makes me think that the site wants me to finish or change my profile, yet it is complete!
Old Mar 29, 2012, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
But I come up in the "MileagePlus Account Update" page. It makes me think that the site wants me to finish or change my profile, yet it is complete!
I keep getting the same thing, and the site won't keep me logged in
Old Mar 29, 2012, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90
I keep getting the same thing, and the site won't keep me logged in
Sounds like a cookies issue to me.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
That used to happen to me: I fiddled around and made some changes in my profile to make it happy, now it doesn't do that any more.

What I CAN'T do is print out an Itinerary on one page of paper any more: when I click on print this itinerary it goes to a new oversized format...grrr.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 5:46 pm

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
Does United still do the whole - Mandatory 12 hour hold for star alliance rewards?

Thanks,
Nissan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.