Search

The Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:51 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by EmailKid
So you still DO post
Only when I'm visiting from Mars.

I and TSMRSRNE are taking our 2018-high-school-graduating nephew to Hawaii using award miles (including an inter-island hop). UA's window is open (with saver seats) for the dates we want, but HA is not.

Question: Would a UA phone rep be able to see availability on HA that I can't? (I'd call, but my cell phone has a Martian SIM card.)
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:18 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by RNE

Question: Would a UA phone rep be able to see availability on HA that I can't? (I'd call, but my cell phone has a Martian SIM card.)
Wonder is Skype would work

Good luck if trying to find a pay phone
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:47 am
RNE

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Wonder is Skype would work Good luck if trying to find a pay phone
Skype won't work because of the Van Allan Belt. Instead, I VPN'ed through the Venusian Consulate to stick their ambassador with the interplanetary trunk charge. It's just deserts. Our consulates on Earth are side-by-side and their consular always parks his spaceship in our parking spot. Grrr.

Anyway, I found out two things: 1) No, the phone rep cannot see any HA availability, but, 2) Can you really believe anything UA tells you?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
funniest example of "delayed due to operational difficulties" i've seen in a while...

i'm on an A320 flight to ORD this morning, and i walk up and find an A319 at the gate. where's the A320? apparently they left it next door at the DEN gate, where it was loaded up with an A319's worth of people.. after a few minutes of radio banter, they decided they really did need the A320 for the ORD flight, so they deplaned the DEN people and swapped gates...
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Seat1A
so they deplaned the DEN people
And, one would presume, at least one plane full of cargo.

I dare say the ramp workers would not have found it quite as funny as you did...
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:10 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by RNE
I and TSMRSRNE are taking our 2018-high-school-graduating nephew to Hawaii using award miles (including an inter-island hop). UA's window is open (with saver seats) for the dates we want, but HA is not.
Was able to book flights to HNL & KOA for the three of us at saver rates: 135,000 miles and $33.60 all in. ^

RNE, adding that I was just approved (after a call to reconsideration) for my 4th churned MileagePlus Explorer card to replenish 70,000 of those well-spent miles. Had been 27 months since my last sign-up bonus.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
Originally Posted by docbert
And, one would presume, at least one plane full of cargo.

I dare say the ramp workers would not have found it quite as funny as you did...
probably true! they managed to get the DEN flight out only 30-40 late, and the ORD flight about 15 late, arriving at ORD right on time. once they decided to swap, they swapped fast. the captain was clearly irritated, and reassured us that the plane we were on was actually fueled for a trip to chicago. (wonder if they had to de-fuel that DEN flight, actually..)

now in the real-life penalty box (well, chilling on taxiway november) on a 757-300 ORD-BOS. pushed at 3:08pm. current wheels up 5:23pm.

united picked the right day to come thru with CPU's on both legs for this gold!
Old Nov 11, 2017, 12:25 pm
RNE

Someone could have told me my UC passes would be useless at EWR C. I'm stuck here for four hours waiting for my TATL flight.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by RNE
Someone could have told me my UC passes would be useless at EWR C. I'm stuck here for four hours waiting for my TATL flight.
Odds are if they are turning away one time passes you don't want to be in there. I have a UC membership and don't even bother with those clubs. I find a empty gate area.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:40 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by JHake10
Odds are if they are turning away one time passes you don't want to be in there. I have a UC membership and don't even bother with those clubs. I find a empty gate area.
Well, yeah, I don't like the clubs anytime, but TSMRSRNE does, and I have passes that expire soon, so I wanted to use 'em. The A Concourse club is accepting passes—I think—but I'm not about to sashay over there.
JHake10 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:12 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RNE
Warning here
Old Nov 11, 2017, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RNE
Well, yeah, I don't like the clubs anytime, but TSMRSRNE does, and I have passes that expire soon, so I wanted to use 'em. The A Concourse club is accepting passes—I think—but I'm not about to sashay over there.
Pardon my curiosity, but what is 'TS' in 'TSMRSRNE'? (I assume you have plenty of time to kill answering questions. )
Old Nov 11, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by fumje
Pardon my curiosity, but what is 'TS' in 'TSMRSRNE'? (I assume you have plenty of time to kill answering questions. )
The Second?
monitor and artvandalay like this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 2:33 pm
RNE

TSMRSRNE = The Statuesque Mrs. RNE
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:48 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Ah yes, I remember previous reference a few years back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.