The Penalty Box

Old Apr 2, 11, 4:00 am
  #121  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: So Fla & NYC
Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Posts: 23,737
I do not think that I will stay up right now trying to figure it all out since it seems to be very early in the match.
monitor is offline  
Old Apr 2, 11, 4:06 am
  #122  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Francisco
Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Posts: 18,095
here's another: http://live3.cricbuzz.com/live/score...ri-Lanka-Final
SFOTerry is offline  
Old Apr 2, 11, 4:30 am
  #123  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SAT / MAA / BOM
Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Posts: 5,110
Originally Posted by monitor View Post
I do not think that I will stay up right now trying to figure it all out since it seems to be very early in the match.
Yes, go back to bed! Check back in a few hours.

Originally Posted by SFOTerry View Post
Yeah! Another Bxer cricket fan!^
snod08 is offline  
Old Apr 2, 11, 4:41 am
  #124  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Francisco
Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Posts: 18,095
Originally Posted by snod08 View Post
Yeah! Another Bxer cricket fan!^
Not true at all. Sorry.
SFOTerry is offline  
Old Apr 2, 11, 5:19 am
  #125  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ORD & MKE
Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Posts: 1,827
Originally Posted by snod08 View Post
Yes, go back to bed! Check back in a few hours.



Yeah! Another Bxer cricket fan!^
Thanks to teh former box I think many of us have a remote sense of what actually goes on in cricket.
ande777emt is offline  
Old Apr 2, 11, 5:47 am
  #126  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SAT / MAA / BOM
Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Posts: 5,110
Originally Posted by SFOTerry View Post
Not true at all. Sorry.
LOL

Originally Posted by ande777emt View Post
Thanks to teh former box I think many of us have a remote sense of what actually goes on in cricket.
^
snod08 is offline  
Old Apr 2, 11, 8:03 am
  #127  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 69,210
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
I'm fan of the palindrome mileposts.
I cannot argue that one. Strings of consecutive numbers (e.g. 12345 or 24680) are also fun.

I believe that a Butler loss today secures me one of my two NCAA pools. I made top 10% in the other but cannot do any better than that regardless of the outcome of today's games.
sbm12 is offline  
Old Apr 2, 11, 9:04 am
  #128  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CLT
Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Posts: 4,267
Happy Saturday Bx Classic III. A big howdy to all!:-:
GTITAN is offline  
Old Apr 2, 11, 9:33 am
  #129  
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 21,648
Good morning old/new box.
msv is offline  
Old Apr 2, 11, 9:43 am
  #130  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: So Fla & NYC
Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Posts: 23,737
Smile

Originally Posted by snod08 View Post
...Yeah! Another Bxer cricket fan!^
Originally Posted by SFOTerry View Post
Not true at all. Sorry.
As long as Red Stripe sponsors the game broadcasts and is the staple drink of the cricketers in this hemisphere, SFOTerry will be counted among the missing.

Now, if good wine were featured instead, I then could see him getting up some interest (between SF Giants games).
monitor is offline  
Old Apr 2, 11, 9:51 am
  #131  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SAT / MAA / BOM
Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Posts: 5,110
Its a really close game till now.
snod08 is offline  
Old Apr 2, 11, 9:51 am
  #132  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: PHL
Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold
Posts: 3,112
Originally Posted by monitor View Post
As long as Red Stripe sponsors the game broadcasts and is the staple drink of the cricketers in this hemisphere, SFOTerry will be counted among the missing.
Given where the cricketers in this hemisphere live, I think Red Stripe will continue to sponsor the broadcasts for some time to come.

Now that baseball season has started, it will be easy to be occupied elsewhere (in my case, at least until June ).
Phudnik is offline  
Old Apr 2, 11, 11:25 am
  #133  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SAT / MAA / BOM
Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Posts: 5,110
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

India are the new World Champions in Cricket!! for the next four years!!!

The Indian captain played a scintillating innings and took them all the way through the game today.

Sri Lanka played first and hit 274.
India hit 277 in reply with 10 balls to spare...but it was a nail biter!

Last edited by snod08; Apr 2, 11 at 12:53 pm Reason: EDA - messed up the scores slightly..due to excitement.
snod08 is offline  
Old Apr 2, 11, 1:26 pm
  #134  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 69,210
Originally Posted by snod08 View Post
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

India are the new World Champions in Cricket!! for the next four years!!!
Congrats!!

Beautiful day to celebrate that victory out in NYC today. Blue skies and warm enough to take my work outside for a bit.
sbm12 is offline  
Old Apr 2, 11, 1:27 pm
  #135  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SAT / MAA / BOM
Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Posts: 5,110
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Congrats!!

Beautiful day to celebrate that victory out in NYC today. Blue skies and warm enough to take my work outside for a bit.
Yes, thanks! I am heading out to enjoy the sunny day in PHL.
snod08 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread