FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

COFlyerCLE Apr 6, 11 9:12 am

Morning Box!

For anyone traveling CO BF EWR--> east (or at least EWR-ARN)... the pork chop with green peppercorns is most excellent ... and a huge portion of meat (and meat is always good :) ).

Just sayin...

Mackieman Apr 6, 11 9:22 am

Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE (Post 16170004)
Morning Box!

For anyone traveling CO BF EWR--> east (or at least EWR-ARN)... the pork chop with green peppercorns is most excellent ... and a huge portion of meat (and meat is always good :) ).

Just sayin...

I do love me some swine...

monitor Apr 6, 11 9:33 am

Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE (Post 16170004)
...For anyone traveling CO BF EWR--> east (or at least EWR-ARN)... the pork chop with green peppercorns is most excellent ... and a huge portion of meat (and meat is always good :) )....

Unfortunately, as we all know, the quality of that dish can vary wildly from flight to flight. Although the same thing is delivered to the airplane, something like a two hour ground delay at EWR can turn what was a very good pork chop into cardboard even if the FAs are attentive and caring. :(

snod08 Apr 6, 11 9:47 am

After a long time I discovered my way back to the gym.^

It seems I have put on 10 pounds of winter weight :(...and we know it aint muscle.:eek:

notabob Apr 6, 11 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy (Post 16167989)
Evening, Box. As you may have noticed today, there has been a change to my postings in Teh Box, and I think you'll like it.

In keeping with the United Continental Holdings spirit of providing as much information to customers in real-time, my Box postings which reply from another Box poster will feature one of three status messages:

Upgrade : Confirmed = I basically agree with much of what you're saying in a post

Upgrade: Pending = I'm of mixed opinion on the post

Upgrade: Denied = I disagree with you

Upgrade: Pending

In other news: I need more tea.

Fluff story that's just there to fill space: Need decongestant

GTITAN Apr 6, 11 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by notabob (Post 16171107)
Upgrade: Pending

That will cost you many TODs:D

notabob Apr 6, 11 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 16171121)
That will cost you many TODs:D

Pffft... DYKWI:rolleyes:!?!?

BlissWorld Apr 6, 11 12:29 pm

I guess :rolleyes: has once again been stolen.

The original :rolleyes: thread lives on.

Flyer_70 Apr 6, 11 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld (Post 16171259)

The original :rolleyes: thread lives on.

:rolleyes:

GTITAN Apr 6, 11 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer_70 (Post 16171300)

Ummmm +1:rolleyes:

Driving by DCA Apr 6, 11 12:38 pm

+:rolleyes:

Good afternoon Box the Third.

ETA: Never mind, found the answer to my question.

snod08 Apr 6, 11 12:50 pm

W:rolleyes:rk meetings.

But, I am still happy today.

notabob Apr 6, 11 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Driving by DCA (Post 16171334)
Question for the room. I'm trying to help a friend untangle a foolish easypass award to Europe by using a little creative routing to get it into saverpass. One problem with the master plan is that he lives in OKC which is not well-served for domestic saver availability.

Can I cobble together a single ticket consisting of a domestic saver award and international easypass award and just pay the two award costs individually? Would still be cheaper in miles than the round trip international easypass and would save him the change fee if they see it as a single award/ticket since the origin and destination would be unchanged.

Well, if you break it into two separate awards - then it'll be two separate itins/tickets, and there will be a change fee. He'd have to cancel/redeposit the :rolleyes:KC-Europe, and create the two new ones. The only way for him to avoid paying the change fee, is to keep an eye out for saver availability. Things do pop up from time to time, but you gotta keep checking on a regular basis. Perhaps one of the partners might have something open up via ORD/IAD/PHL/YYZ/YUL

If he doesn't mind the $75 fee to redeposit, and can find separate domestic and TATL saverpass awards - then it's doable. 30,000 miles are worth $75, IMH:rolleyes:.

trm2 Apr 6, 11 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 16170194)
It seems I have put on 10 pounds of winter weight :(...and we know it aint muscle.:eek:

I know how you feel, only mine is Y2K weight.

snod08 Apr 6, 11 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by trm2 (Post 16171963)

Yes, its rough.

Lets hope we can get rid of it.

I was doing so well through summer and fall...and then stupid winter comes through.:(

Phudnik Apr 6, 11 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld (Post 16171259)

:rolleyes: does not belong to anyone. :rolleyes: belongs to all of us. It belongs to the ages.

Originally Posted by trm2 (Post 16171963)

:eek:

endrond Apr 6, 11 3:30 pm

As an ex-UA FTer I have long wondered what this thread is about. So I feel a need to post in it now that it's in the relevant forum for me, even though I still have no idea what the thread is about.

notabob Apr 6, 11 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by endrond (Post 16172484)
...I still have no idea what the thread is about.

sbm12 Apr 6, 11 3:35 pm

... I still have no idea what the thread is about.

Originally Posted by notabob (Post 16172498)

:-:

snod08 Apr 6, 11 3:40 pm

As an ex-UA FTer I have long wondered what this thread is about. So I feel a need to post in it now that it's in the relevant forum for me, even though I still have no idea what the thread is about.

:rolleyes::D

Just keep reading, and join the conversation.

Mackieman Apr 6, 11 3:51 pm

See post 18. :D

cheepneezy Apr 6, 11 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 16171305)
Ummmm +1:rolleyes:

Hi, Box. Today has been brought to you by the letter :rolleyes: and the number :rolleyes:.

Phudnik Apr 6, 11 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Mackieman (Post 16172604)
See post 18. :D

To be fair, that just explains the rules we live by, but not what the thread is. I quote the most concise explanation:

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Welcome to The Penalty Box. Many people ask what the heck this thread is, to that there isn't one single answer.

This thread is:
-Part Lounge thread
-A stream of consciousness
-A place to get all your answers about various programs (UA and others not limited to airlines).
-A place to get advice on any aspect of life as this group is a very varied group of individuals.

And sadly, some people also use this thread as their personal version of Twitter, so you've been warned.

Drop in, say hello. We're a friendly bunch and many of us have become friends offline thanks to this thread. I promise we won't bite, at least if you're friendly.

Jubileesmom Apr 6, 11 4:29 pm

Hi Classic Box

Xyzzy Apr 6, 11 5:22 pm

W:rolleyes::rolleyes:t w:rolleyes::rolleyes:t!

rggale Apr 6, 11 7:34 pm

The best part of this thread is not knowing what it is about, ever.:confused::-::rolleyes:

colpuck Apr 6, 11 8:08 pm

there is a point to this thread? I was unawares.

zippypinhead Apr 6, 11 8:16 pm

This thread is kinda like my travel philosophy when irrops occur and everything goes pear shaped.
1.) Never abandon hope.
2.) When all hope is gone, find [email protected]:-)

ande777emt Apr 6, 11 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by colpuck (Post 16173681)
there is a point to this thread? I was unawares.

News to me as well.

sbm12 Apr 6, 11 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by zippypinhead (Post 16173717)
This thread is kinda like my travel philosophy when irrops occur and everything goes pear shaped.
1.) Never abandon hope.
2.) When all hope is gone, find [email protected]:-)

Methinks you're waiting too long and have too many conditions surrounding point #2. :p

Driving by DCA Apr 6, 11 10:07 pm

Good evening B:rolleyes:x the Third.

I got back from a trip and realized my car's tags had expired. Opps!!

And of course I need to go get emissions tested before I can renew. So I guess I need to deal with that tomorrow or Friday and hitch a ride to work in the meantime.

ande777emt Apr 6, 11 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by zippypinhead (Post 16173717)
1.) find [email protected]:-)

I agree with sbm12, so I fixed it for you.

ande777emt Apr 6, 11 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by Driving by DCA (Post 16174248)
Good evening B:rolleyes:x the Third.

I got back from a trip and realized my car's tags had expired. Opps!!

And of course I need to go get emissions tested before I can renew. So I guess I need to deal with that tomorrow or Friday and hitch a ride to work in the meantime.

The joys of living in VA. I know of no other state that also requires the safety inspection as well.

AMF in NJ Apr 6, 11 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16172509)
:-:

^

Phudnik Apr 6, 11 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by ande777emt (Post 16174384)
The joys of living in VA. I know of no other state that also requires the safety inspection as well.

PA does, and the state also doesn't regulate the cost of inspections.

And you can only buy beer by the case or at a deli or bar. :-:

rggale Apr 7, 11 1:27 am

Teh Alternate Realibox is down for the night. HELLO OLD WORLD!

ande777emt Apr 7, 11 3:12 am

Good Night old box.

trm2 Apr 7, 11 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Phudnik (Post 16174609)
PA does, and the state also doesn't regulate the cost of inspections.

And you can only buy beer by the case or at a deli or bar. :-:

Are you saying there is something wrong with buying a case of beer? Yeah, and isn't it PA that requires the airport lounges to have a nominal fee for the "free" beer and wine?

snod08 Apr 7, 11 8:21 am

Hello B:rolleyes:x!

snod08 Apr 7, 11 8:22 am

Just noticed that :rolleyes: has been re-located to the third row of the smilies?
It used to be the first smiley? :rolleyes: