FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

GTITAN May 9, 11 6:05 am

Good Morning Classic B:rolleyes:x III>:-:

Hartmann May 9, 11 6:06 am

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 16348577)
Need some help from Mac pros. I have a small hard drive on my Macbook. I'm running out of space on my drive. I have an external 500gb hard drive, that I would like to save video on to. It already has Windows files on it. Is there anyway to save avchd files on to that hard drive? I have another EHD that I am using Time Machine on... however, if I delete the video from my computer, the next time Time Machine runs, it will delete the video off of the EHD, correct?

As long as the harddrive is FAT32 then you shouldn't have a problem (unless the files you're writing to it are massive).

No Time Machine won't delete the video, it will simply not include it from that date forward. Now, when it reaches a point where it needs the space, it will delete it.

snod08 May 9, 11 6:26 am

Hello B:rolleyes:x.

colpuck May 9, 11 9:36 am

Crediting miles to my MP account for the first time ever. What is the timeline on when miles post?

magiciansampras May 9, 11 9:38 am

The Continental Platinum line a joke. Been on hold for 20 mins.

sbm12 May 9, 11 9:52 am

Originally Posted by colpuck (Post 16353221)
Crediting miles to my MP account for the first time ever. What is the timeline on when miles post?

From UA metal generally next day.

Hartmann May 9, 11 10:03 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16353312)
From UA metal generally next day.

It's amazing how quickly they post. My flights from Friday night and Saturday morning posted on Sunday morning. ^

Still waiting for CO to post my other flights.

ande777emt May 9, 11 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Hartmann (Post 16353378)
It's amazing how quickly they post. My flights from Friday night and Saturday morning posted on Sunday morning. ^

Still waiting for CO to post my other flights.

I've had them post as quickly as 2-4 hours after IAD-GVA on several occasions.

RNOflyer May 9, 11 1:19 pm

I have also noticed that there seems to be several sweeps a day for miles to post. Don't know if this is new or just never noticed it before.

notabob May 9, 11 3:36 pm

Afternoon, B:rolleyes:x! The last day made me really glad that UA's booking system & likely website are going away. For past few days, have been checking .bomb continuously, hoping for my BOS-LAX upgrade to clear (no luck on that front). Had a nice 9D on the 752. Go to check in yesterday, and lo & behold - I'm in 13B, with no other seat open. Call UA. Spoke with an CS agent, as well as web support. "Sorry, Mr. Notabob. I see here that you had 9D the whole time. I have no idea why you're now in 13B." Long story short - no one on the phone could move me back to my seat. I got lucky and snagged one of the aisle seats that opened up following the two UDUs, though nearly missed out on the overheads, while waiting for them to process it all. :mad:

On the positive side - it's a lovely day in LGB, and it's time to go eat!

photog72 May 9, 11 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Hartmann (Post 16352354)
As long as the harddrive is FAT32 then you shouldn't have a problem (unless the files you're writing to it are massive).

No Time Machine won't delete the video, it will simply not include it from that date forward. Now, when it reaches a point where it needs the space, it will delete it.

I don't know if it is FAT32 or NTFS. We formatted it with my wife's old Thinkpad using XP. What I have done is imported everything from my camera on to my wife's new HP Laptop, and will drop all that from her computer to the 500gb EHD we use for our backups, along w/ the 1.5tb EHD I am using w/ Time Machine.

Thanks for the advice! ^

GTITAN May 9, 11 6:14 pm

Howdy Classic Box III.

sbm12 May 9, 11 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 16356762)
Howdy Classic Box III.

Howdy!

Getting packed here for JFK-SFO-FRA tomorrow. Two nights in Germany and then reverse the routing for the return trip on Friday. First A380 ride though, sadly, ticketed in whY. Thank goodness for Ambien. At least JFK-SFO cleared the CR1 at booking.

ande777emt May 9, 11 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16356808)
Howdy!

Getting packed here for JFK-SFO-FRA tomorrow. Two nights in Germany and then reverse the routing for the return trip on Friday. First A380 ride though, sadly, ticketed in whY. Thank goodness for Ambien. At least JFK-SFO cleared the CR1 at booking.

Enjoy! Too bad teh LH 388 flug was not SWU-able.

snod08 May 9, 11 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16356808)
Howdy!

have fun!!
Post a couple pictures!