FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

snod08 Apr 4, 11 9:40 am

Originally Posted by trm2 (Post 16156798)
is this 200?

Congratulations!
You got it!

zippypinhead Apr 4, 11 11:35 am

Originally Posted by uncertaintraveler (Post 16156646)
Made a snowman this weekend. First time I've ever done so in my life. It was a lot harder to build one than I had expected, even for a 3.5 foot tall fellow.

Well, there's your problem right there.... Next time see if you can find a taller fella to help you out.
I would think that just rolling the snowball for the base would be taller than you.... How on earth did you ever get the body 'n head up on top? :confused::confused:

Aaron SNA 1K Apr 4, 11 11:36 am

ha, IAD is one of my top destinations, and Washington DC area code (since 1947!) is 202!!! :D

Aaron SNA 1K Apr 4, 11 11:37 am

Dagnabbit, just missed #202, now I'm a meaningless "204" :rolleyes: ;)

Phudnik Apr 4, 11 11:47 am

Originally Posted by uncertaintraveler (Post 16156646)
Made a snowman this weekend. First time I've ever done so in my life. It was a lot harder to build one than I had expected, even for a 3.5 foot tall fellow.

Originally Posted by zippypinhead (Post 16157552)
Well, there's your problem right there.... Next time see if you can find a taller fella to help you out.
I would think that just rolling the snowball for the base would be taller than you.... How on earth did you ever get the body 'n head up on top? :confused::confused:

Please get out of my head. :D

Originally Posted by Aaron SNA 1K (Post 16157557)
ha, IAD is one of my top destinations, and Washington DC area code (since 1947!) is 202!!! :D

Do you go to Fairfield County, Connecticut much?

monitor Apr 4, 11 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Aaron SNA 1K (Post 16157557)

Since when does IAD have much to do with Washington, DC? ;)

That is mostly in the minds of the airline marketing and scheduling departments. :rolleyes:

The area code that you are thinking about is really 703 and maybe 571 on a cellphone.

Mackieman Apr 4, 11 1:35 pm

No one expects the Spanish inquisition. :-:

Phudnik Apr 4, 11 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Mackieman (Post 16158387)

Their three chief weapons are fear, :td:, :rolleyes:, and a fanatical devotion to Pandy.

sbm12 Apr 4, 11 3:26 pm

Incompetent customers = :rolleyes::mad::td::mad:

Assuming they pay the bills it will be fine in the end, but I'm sick of them blaming their broken old stuff on the fact that we're installing new stuff to replace it.

And when they pay the bills I get to book more fun EQDs and EQLs. Though it looks like I'm going to miss the 342 thanks to SA taking it off the BOM-JNB route. I may be the only person in the world disappointed by that change.

kokonutz Apr 4, 11 3:30 pm

And best of all, now my favorite FT forum has The Penalty Box, aka, the OMNI where the posts actually count. ^

kokonutz Apr 4, 11 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by monitor (Post 16157643)
The area code that you are thinking about is really 703 and maybe 571 on a cellphone.

Hey, I've got both of those! (as well as 13,305!)

photog72 Apr 4, 11 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Mackieman (Post 16158387)

"The inquisition, what a show. The inquisition here we go, we know you're wishing that we'd go away, but the inquisition's here and it's here to stay..."

uncertaintraveler Apr 4, 11 3:57 pm

----------

photog72 Apr 4, 11 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by uncertaintraveler (Post 16159337)
Yeah, but be careful of what you post.

Apparently, some posts aren't welcome here.

+1. We try and stay out of politics here. Alcohol and food is always a good topic (other than travel).

Mackieman Apr 4, 11 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz (Post 16159157)
And best of all, now my favorite FT forum has The Penalty Box, aka, the OMNI where the posts actually count. ^

I like to think we're a regular thread with a two drink minimum. :cool:

kokonutz Apr 4, 11 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Mackieman (Post 16159364)
I like to think we're a regular thread with a two drink minimum. :cool:

Make both of mine a Guinness! ^

cheepneezy Apr 4, 11 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by uncertaintraveler (Post 16156669)
Three...

Two...

One....

Happy 2:rolleyes::rolleyes:!

*snicker*

monitor Apr 4, 11 4:36 pm

This is an interesting signature line.

Originally Posted by kokonutz (Post 16159433)
When in Clarendon, VA (in Arlington) visit O'Sullivan's Irish Pub. I may or may not have been compensated for this sig line.

As many time as I have passed it (and noticed it), I have not stopped in. So I guess that when I do, I will mention kokonutz and see if I get thrown out of the joint. :rolleyes:

uncertaintraveler Apr 4, 11 4:45 pm

-----------

Phudnik Apr 4, 11 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 16159362)
+1. We try and stay out of politics here. Alcohol and food is always a good topic (other than travel).

We have been known to discuss politics here, though in an unusually respectful and analytic manner. This is the one place on the Internet (and one of the few in general) where that has happened. This is also not a group of people who necessarily sees eye-to-eye politically, as we range from left to right.

I think that because politics don't come up much, the self-policing of this community is strong and the social capital high (many of us have met in person and most follow what I consider the Golden Rule of the Box, "don't be a :rolleyes:"), and the discussion has moved quickly, it hasn't been a problem. It could very easily become one, however.

snod08 Apr 4, 11 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Phudnik (Post 16160028)
We have been known to discuss politics here, though in an unusually respectful and analytic manner. This is the one place on the Internet (and one of the few in general) where that has happened. This is also not a group of people who necessarily sees eye-to-eye politically, as we range from pretty far left to pretty far right.

I think that because politics don't come up much, the self-policing of this community is strong and the social capital high (many of us have met in person and most follow what I consider the Golden Rule of the Box, "don't be a :rolleyes:"), and the discussion has moved quickly, it hasn't been a problem. It could very easily become one, however.

I agree with this assessment.

B:rolleyes:xers have been real good at steering clear of P/R topics.

snod08 Apr 4, 11 6:02 pm

Question: Has any B:rolleyes:xer run this race in SFO:
http://zazzlebaytobreakers.com/index...unners-walkers

It looks like people are having a good time.
Google "San Fransico Bay to Breakrs'" and look for the images. (Some NSFW).

:DYou will see what I mean....:D

BTW: If one of my friends go, I will run this 7.2 miles. (I mean WALK).

monitor Apr 4, 11 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 16160096)
...BTW: If one of my friends go, I will run this 7.2 miles. (I mean WALK).

You have already given us a hint that you are not in the best of condition. :D

ande777emt Apr 4, 11 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16159137)
And when they pay the bills I get to book more fun EQDs and EQLs. Though it looks like I'm going to miss the 342 thanks to SA taking it off the BOM-JNB route. I may be the only person in the world disappointed by that change.

Are they the last *A operator of the 342? I know LH got rid of theirs around 2006 and I can't think of anyone else in *A who has them.

snod08 Apr 4, 11 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by monitor (Post 16160107)
You have already given us a hint that you are not in the best of condition. :D

:D:D

GTITAN Apr 4, 11 6:51 pm

Howdy Classic B:rolleyes:x III!:-:

ande777emt Apr 4, 11 7:05 pm

Gotta love a GA that says the flight is only slightly late (as of now, 4.5 hours late boarding). Hopefully the on board AZ is better than this.

gbryan84 Apr 4, 11 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by ande777emt (Post 16160414)
Gotta love a GA that says the flight is only slightly late (as of now, 4.5 hours late boarding). Hopefully the on board AZ is better than this.

Where are you going? Also, did you find another job? I'm usually out of the loop during tax season.

sbm12 Apr 4, 11 8:35 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by ande777emt

IME, no, though 4.5 hours late isn't bad on AZ time. I also was in perhaps the worst C flight of my life on AZ. I paid $160 r/t and felt I had overpaid. :eek:

I'm at a benefit concert tonight that has been quite interesting. If you have never heard a cello rocking out you have missed a useful bit of life. The cellist is rocking hard enough that the bow is shredding a bit. Pretty insane (in the good way).

colpuck Apr 4, 11 8:43 pm

All topics are welcome for discussion as long as they are reasonable. However, Per the rules of the box if you are flyers, southside felons I mean lakers, buckeyes, or yankees fan, you can expect to take some heat.

HeathrowGuy Apr 4, 11 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16145373)
Sadly, I'm not sure this actually explains the above. :eek:

:D

True -- as I understand it, I was dropped on my head as a baby more times than anyone can count.

HeathrowGuy Apr 4, 11 9:19 pm

Discussions about hot guys and the things we (can, want to, or actually) do with them are always permitted in Teh Box, as are unlimited domestic references to the reality that Delta Air Lines is the Wing of Satan.

All other topics generally take on an "Upgrade: Pending" approach until elevated to an "Upgrade: Confirmed" status with a response.

Flyer_70 Apr 4, 11 9:32 pm

CO was kind enough to lock the Mister out of his account.. and now he's been on hold for about 15 minutes with website support. He's not happy. :-:

canadian_golf_guy Apr 4, 11 10:40 pm

Life less:rolleyes:n of the week:

You shouldn't go trans-oceanic mileage running in Y with a vicious cold. Your body will hate you and will try to find creative ways in which to kill you. Also, you will forget important things at home, like your plug adapters. And your passport. :o

colpuck Apr 4, 11 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by canadian_golf_guy (Post 16161494)
Life less:rolleyes:n of the week:
And your passport. :o

Been there, done that.

SFOTerry Apr 4, 11 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by colpuck (Post 16161711)
Been there, done that.

Never been there, never done that. (Except in a dream) :rolleyes:

canadian_golf_guy Apr 5, 11 3:13 am

Originally Posted by colpuck (Post 16161711)
Been there, done that.

It's OK. I was starting off my adventure with YYC-DEN-SFO-LAX, so the GA in Calgary just rebooked me YYC-SFO-LAX. I lose 1,000 EQM, but it's a good lesson.

snod08 Apr 5, 11 5:52 am

Hello B:rolleyes:x!

Rain and some T-storm in PHL:rolleyes:

mnmag Apr 5, 11 7:42 am

G'Mornin' B:rolleyes:X! Glad it's not pouring rain here -- yet!:cool:

monitor Apr 5, 11 7:55 am

The rain in South Florida apparently had the courtesy to come overnight and it looks like a partly cloudy and warm day here.

Too bad that I will not be able to get out to the pool or ocean until much later this afternoon when the thunderstorms may very well return.