FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

mnmag Aug 5, 11 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 16867981)
Howdy Classic B:rolleyes:x III. Still the spiritual home of teh good ol' ^^

Agree -- despite the various iterations of said entity!:p

cheepneezy Aug 6, 11 6:32 am

Good morning, Box. :) Muggy start to the morning but I just got a nice walk in and now it time to contemplate errands and what order to do them in.

For those keeping track in other threads, this post has absolutely no substance and should not be counted towards any post totals. I apologize in advance.

snod08 Aug 6, 11 6:39 am

Originally Posted by cheepneezy (Post 16869991)
Good morning, Box. :) Muggy start to the morning but I just got a nice walk in and now it time to contemplate errands and what order to do them in.

For those keeping track in other threads, this post has absolutely no substance and should not be counted towards any post totals. I apologize in advance.

LOL on the fine print!!

Is it hot up there?

Have a nice day B:rolleyes:x.

GTITAN Aug 6, 11 6:39 am

With respect to errands, I usually enjoy starting at the beginning and seeing them through to completion. I am trying to comply with your footnote.;)

Morning Classic Box III.

Phudnik Aug 6, 11 9:48 am

+eleventy billion

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 16870006)
With respect to errands, I usually enjoy starting at the beginning and seeing them through to completion. I am trying to comply with your footnote.;)

That is interesting, because I usually prefer to start in the middle and jump around a bit.

Safe travels today and enjoy your free beer. :-: Inspired by the GME's pictures, we are going on safari today.*

*at the zoo

jlemon Aug 6, 11 10:53 am

Top Of The Morning, Box.....

Well, it's way beyond muggy here in south Looziana.....

Our very tropical air is too thick to drink and too thin to plow.....:eek:

And our lawn appears to be taking on jungle-like characteristics (the cat is out there, somewhere, locked & loaded and waiting for prey).

So it's time to refuel the riding lawn mower (affectionately known as "lil' tractor") and have at it.

To be followed by a suitable beverage iced to perfection, of course.....:p

golfingboy Aug 6, 11 11:53 am

Good day b:rolleyes:x

sbm12 Aug 6, 11 2:33 pm

OMGBBQ flights booked. Now considering options for LGA-IAH-ANC//ANC-HNL//HNL-NYC of some sort in September. :cool:

jackal Aug 7, 11 6:27 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16871854)
OMGBBQ flights booked. Now considering options for LGA-IAH-ANC//ANC-HNL//HNL-NYC of some sort in September. :cool:

:cool: See you here!

ETA: Can you please bring me some BBQ on your way up from IAH?

snod08 Aug 7, 11 6:42 am

Hello B:rolleyes:x

sbm12 Aug 7, 11 8:47 am

Originally Posted by jackal (Post 16874408)
:cool: See you here!

ETA: Can you please bring me some BBQ on your way up from IAH?

Unfortunately I'm visiting you 6 weeks prior to OMGBBQ. If there is an outlet in IAH from which you want anything, however, let me know and I'll happily fill a carry-on bag with all sorts of scented goodness for the IAH-ANC flight. :D

RNE Aug 7, 11 9:02 am

After a long, lurid love affair with Chase, I am preparing a Dear Jamie letter because I applied for the Marriott Premier Rewards card a fortnight ago and I'm still waiting for a decision—which after this long probably means no dice. :mad: Yes, by the way, I called Chase to verify they have my application.

Now, I admit I have 10+ Chase cards of various stripes and the bank may rightly balk at giving me another one, but I push upwards of $70,000 annually though all my Chase cards. That's not chump change and upsetting my applecart (yes, "applecart" is one word—despite what spellchecker may say) is just plain bad business. :td:

RNE, saying, "Come'on, Jamie Baby, do the right thing!" ^

ande777emt Aug 7, 11 9:51 am

Good morning classic box.

jlemon Aug 7, 11 11:10 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16874775)
Unfortunately I'm visiting you 6 weeks prior to OMGBBQ. If there is an outlet in IAH from which you want anything, however, let me know and I'll happily fill a carry-on bag with all sorts of scented goodness for the IAH-ANC flight. :D

Mornin' Box....

BBQ joint recommendation in Houston: Luling City Market, www.lulingcitymarket.com

Some of the best in town. They've been in operation for many years and still serve superb BBQ (had lunch there several weeks ago). Downside: they are not real close to IAH, being located on Richmond just "inside" the I-610 West Loop freeway near the Galleria district.

sbm12 Aug 7, 11 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by jlemon (Post 16875391)
Mornin' Box....

BBQ joint recommendation in Houston: Luling City Market, www.lulingcitymarket.com

Some of the best in town. They've been in operation for many years and still serve superb BBQ (had lunch there several weeks ago). Downside: they are not real close to IAH, being located on Richmond just "inside" the I-610 West Loop freeway near the Galleria district.

I'm on a 90 minute connection. :-:

RNE Aug 7, 11 1:35 pm

We will hold this reservation until midnight Mon., Aug. 8, 2011 in Cleveland, OH

Ummm. Is it well known how to "hold" a reservation on CO.com or did I stumble onto something unknown?

SFOTerry Aug 7, 11 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16871854)
OMGBBQ

When is this? :confused:

:rolleyes:

radonc1 Aug 7, 11 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 16876115)
Ummm. Is it well known how to "hold" a reservation on CO.com or did I stumble onto something unknown?

This is not a secret. About 6 months ago, they would hold only until 5PM the next day although the reservation said it would be good till midnight, but this seems to have changed back to midnight. I use this to hold the reservation until I can get to the office and have my secretary put the flight into my master calendar. I have not learned how to do this on UA.bomb but I am sure someone out there can tell me.

paranoiatx Aug 7, 11 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by jlemon (Post 16875391)
Mornin' Box....

Haha, that's cheating, given the actual world-famous City Market in Luling, TX is 140mi away. :p

jlemon Aug 7, 11 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by paranoiatx (Post 16876347)
Haha, that's cheating, given the actual world-famous City Market in Luling, TX is 140mi away. :p

Roger that, but the Houston location has been there for a long time as well.....although it would still be a stretch to attempt to have lunch there during a connection at IAH!

cheepneezy Aug 7, 11 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16875960)
I'm on a 90 minute connection. :-:

You could always load up at the IAH Salt Lick. Wrong, just wrong.

wcalvert Aug 7, 11 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by cheepneezy (Post 16876805)
You could always load up at the IAH Salt Lick.

Woah, WHAT? Where is there a Salt Lick in the IAH airport?!?!? I know there is one in AUS.

cheepneezy Aug 7, 11 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by wcalvert (Post 16876873)
Woah, WHAT? Where is there a Salt Lick in the IAH airport?!?!? I know there is one in AUS.

ACK! I totally confused my airports. Sorry. You're right, it's at AUS. I was thinking that sbm12 was in AUS as part of his "little" trip.

Flyer_70 Aug 7, 11 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by cheepneezy (Post 16876958)
ACK! I totally confused my airports. Sorry. You're right, it's at AUS. I was thinking that sbm12 was in AUS as part of his "little" trip.

Unfortunately the one in AUS is no replacement for the real thing. :(. They do have an awesome little taco stand near the first checkpoint though.

cheepneezy Aug 7, 11 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer_70 (Post 16877011)
Unfortunately the one in AUS is no replacement for the real thing. :(. They do have an awesome little taco stand near the first checkpoint though.

From my prior experience in AUS, I don't really anticipate being hungry. :D

Flyer_70 Aug 7, 11 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by cheepneezy (Post 16877051)
From my prior experience in AUS, I don't really anticipate being hungry. :D

:D. Very true!

GTITAN Aug 7, 11 5:41 pm

They do have an awesome little taco stand near the first checkpoint though.

I like tacos and *free beer*!:D Howdy Classic B:rolleyes:x III.

jlemon Aug 7, 11 6:01 pm

The Salt Lick in Driftwood is the Real Deal.

I've been going there since I attended U.T. Austin the early 70's (I also believe I actually graduated from U.T., although details are bit hazy from those ancient days when the Armadillo World Headquarters was still around).......

cheepneezy Aug 7, 11 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 16877170)
I like tacos and *free beer*!:D Howdy Classic B:rolleyes:x III.

No one mentioned anything about free beer. Next thing you know you're going to start mentioning bacon.:p

wcalvert Aug 7, 11 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by cheepneezy (Post 16876958)

I was ready to buy a fully refundable ticket just to clear security to go get me some BBQ! Hahaha

Love love love me some salt lick. I do believe that it is one of the stops at the Austin Do in April.

GTITAN Aug 7, 11 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by cheepneezy (Post 16877254)
No one mentioned anything about free beer. Next thing you know you're going to start mentioning bacon.:p

Now that you mention it, I like bacon too.:)

future elite Aug 7, 11 8:45 pm

I was told last night at the IAH mini-DO that I should visit here. So, hello :).

dinoscool3 Aug 7, 11 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by future elite (Post 16877958)
I was told last night at the IAH mini-DO that I should visit here. So, hello :).

Welcome to Teh Box. ^

snod08 Aug 7, 11 9:22 pm

Glad to see you here.
I wish I was at the IAH-DO:(

jackal Aug 8, 11 12:47 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16874775)

Ah, I misread your post. I was wondering how OMGBBQ and IAH were tied together but just assumed I was missing some connection. :p

As for edible souvenirs from down yonder--well, nothing specific, but feel free to consider the recommendations of anyone else who posts their suggestions. :)

Flyer_70 Aug 8, 11 11:29 am

Good morning Box. Time for lunch. :-:

Starwood Lurker Aug 8, 11 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer_70 (Post 16881390)
Good morning Box. Time for lunch. :-:

Yes, indeed. And, even though it is only Taco Tuesday Eve, I had tacos al pastor from Los Jaliscienses. :cool:

sbm12 Aug 8, 11 3:46 pm

My wife is home sick from work. :(

She decided to back chocolate chip cookies. :D :D

mnmag Aug 8, 11 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16883278)
My wife is home sick from work. :(

She decided to back chocolate chip cookies. :D :D

Poor her!:( Lucky you about the ccc!:D

paranoiatx Aug 8, 11 5:03 pm

Welcome indeed! Was nice to meet you at the IAH DO. I didn't get much chance to chat with your side of the table. We were too busy being loud on our end...