FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

sbm12 Apr 27, 11 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Phudnik (Post 16289326)
When it hires food and booze tasters, we really need to be worried. :D

Why would you try to take away the fun stuff??? :eek: :td: :(

I might need a spare liver for all the FTA/FTU stuff this weekend, but that's a different problem.

Phudnik Apr 27, 11 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16289664)
Why would you try to take away the fun stuff??? :eek: :td: :(

Hence it would be cause for worry. @:-)

GTITAN Apr 27, 11 12:47 pm

Howdy B:rolleyes:x Classic III!

Pa Kettle Apr 27, 11 3:05 pm

Pretty sweet deal posted by Dealhound at MP:

For those of you who enjoyed Black's BBQ in Lockhart last year, there is a great Eversave offer TODAY until Midnight. $10 for $20 worth of BBQ. The certificate is good until next March, so plenty of time to come to Central Texas as a warm-up for the Austin Mega Do 2. If you have an Eversave Austin subscription, you should have received a $10 Save Reward today, making this deal totally FREE. If not, when you subscribe, you'll get a $4 credit, making it only $6 for $20 of BBQ!

Mackieman Apr 27, 11 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Pa Kettle (Post 16290820)
Pretty sweet deal posted by Dealhound at MP:

For those of you who enjoyed Black's BBQ in Lockhart last year, there is a great Eversave offer TODAY until Midnight. $10 for $20 worth of BBQ. The certificate is good until next March, so plenty of time to come to Central Texas as a warm-up for the Austin Mega Do 2. If you have an Eversave Austin subscription, you should have received a $10 Save Reward today, making this deal totally FREE. If not, when you subscribe, you'll get a $4 credit, making it only $6 for $20 of BBQ!

That is a great deal.

snod08 Apr 27, 11 8:44 pm

good night Box.

Mackieman Apr 28, 11 7:06 am

Friends, rejoice: it is BBQ Thursday. :-:

snod08 Apr 28, 11 7:51 am

Hello B:rolleyes:x.

Your friendly smiley police reporting another change in location of smileys.:D

canadian_golf_guy Apr 28, 11 9:14 am

Mornin' Box!^

Today, as I look out the window of my office, it is snowing. Again.:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad::td:

I think I am going to move to Texas to escape this madness.

sbm12 Apr 28, 11 9:14 am

Just booked my first one-way award using UA miles. FRA-BOS-EWR to get home from the SFO-FRA 388 inaugural. I'm hoping I don't have to use it by virtue of being able to convince LH to change their rules on the prize package but, well, I'm guessing I'll get a whole lot of INP on that one.

Taxes for the one-way flight in Y were a blood-curdling $140ish. Ouch.

paranoiatx Apr 28, 11 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Mackieman (Post 16294433)
Friends, rejoice: it is BBQ Thursday. :-:

I'm already hungry... <90 mins till BBQ!

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16295015)
Just booked my first one-way award using UA miles. FRA-BOS-EWR to get home from the SFO-FRA 388 inaugural. I'm hoping I don't have to use it by virtue of being able to convince LH to change their rules on the prize package but, well, I'm guessing I'll get a whole lot of INP on that one.

Taxes for the one-way flight in Y were a blood-curdling $140ish. Ouch.

Wow, did you win the Twitter contest? I meant to enter and got side-tracked...

How are the taxes that high for a simple one-way like that? I have much more elaborate rewards (going through FRA, but also several other countries) clocking in at more like $80. Did UA add fuel surcharges?

GTITAN Apr 28, 11 11:50 am

Howdy B:rolleyes:x Classic III.:-:

sbm12 Apr 28, 11 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by paranoiatx (Post 16295664)
Wow, did you win the Twitter contest? I meant to enter and got side-tracked...

I didn't win, but a friend did and I'm his guest. Just as good as winning in my book, possibly better since no 1099 for me. :)

Originally Posted by paranoiatx (Post 16295664)
How are the taxes that high for a simple one-way like that? I have much more elaborate rewards (going through FRA, but also several other countries) clocking in at more like $80. Did UA add fuel surcharges?

Code:

Tax:        US September 11th Security Fee        $2.50
Tax:        USDA APHIS Fee        $5.00
Tax:        US Immigration Fee        $7.00
Tax:        US Customs Fee        $5.50
Tax:        German Airport Security Tax        6.54
Tax:        German Passenger Service Charge        28.27
Tax:        German Air Transport Tax        45.00
Tax:        US International Arrival Tax        $16.30
Tax:        US Passenger Facility Charge        $4.50

The German taxes are quickly approaching those of the UK. That 45 one only exists for flights that originate in Germany so a connection shouldn't have it. That would knock mine down to about $80.

I'm actually now thinking I'll fly back to SFO and immediately hop on a paid US flight (mostly paid by voucher :cool:) SFO-PHL-LGA. I get home ~6 hours later but I save a wad of cash/points. And I still get a new EQL.

jrzyshawn Apr 28, 11 4:20 pm

Well this took some searching to find this thread.

What a crazy day today box. I am glad I am home now.

paranoiatx Apr 28, 11 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16296093)
Code:

Tax:        US September 11th Security Fee        $2.50
Tax:        USDA APHIS Fee        $5.00
Tax:        US Immigration Fee        $7.00
Tax:        US Customs Fee        $5.50
Tax:        German Airport Security Tax        6.54
Tax:        German Passenger Service Charge        28.27
Tax:        German Air Transport Tax        45.00
Tax:        US International Arrival Tax        $16.30
Tax:        US Passenger Facility Charge        $4.50

The German taxes are quickly approaching those of the UK. That 45 one only exists for flights that originate in Germany so a connection shouldn't have it. That would knock mine down to about $80.

Interesting. I have a 23hr 40min "connection" in FRA, coming from IST and onward to DXB. I'll use all the same airport services you will, but almost free. :)

The 45 one is missing as predicted, so is the security tax and my passenger service charge is also much lower. So ~$118 vs ~$24. Quite a difference. Maybe the CO agent messed mine up?

At least they don't charge the premium class tax (yet)...

Code:

U.S. Security Service Fee:          10.00         
U.S. Customs User Fee:        5.50       
U.S. Immigration User Fee:        7.00       
U.S. APHIS User Fee:        5.00       
United Arab. Passenger Service Charge:        20.41       
Turkey Airport Service Charge:        15.00       
Germany Passenger Service Charge:        24.45