FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

Phudnik Apr 22, 2011 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 16264019)
No moving to DC for me. :( Details later.

Sorry to hear. Still hoping you will end up around here.

Mackieman Apr 22, 2011 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 16264019)
No moving to DC for me. :( Details later.

:( Too bad. Getting out of Houston is a great goal to have.

usa18dca Apr 23, 2011 1:27 am

Been a while since I was here but hello from Kuwait.

monitor Apr 23, 2011 5:42 am

Take a pass on NYC this weekend. One look out the window told me that the weathermen were right. It is dark, cloudy, raining, and promises to be that way right into Monday.

jackal Apr 23, 2011 6:59 am

Originally Posted by monitor (Post 16266510)
Take a pass on NYC this weekend. One look out the window told me that the weathermen were right. It is dark, cloudy, raining, and promises to be that way right into Monday.

Lightly drizzling here. That's all we ever get. It's not even a right rain--just an annoying drizzle, kind of like gnats that buzz around you but never actually do anything.

What I'd give for a good old-fashioned downpour--which, as I recall, is what I got last time I was in New York with you. :p

GTITAN Apr 23, 2011 7:14 am

Good Morning B:rolleyes:x Classic III, hope all is well with teh dwellers herein!:-:

snod08 Apr 23, 2011 8:19 am

Hello B:rolleyes:x

zippypinhead Apr 23, 2011 4:10 pm

Just tossin out the life preserver to teh Box....
It almost slipped under to page two.:eek:

photog72 Apr 23, 2011 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 16264471)
booo.. I am sure you would have loved to be back in this area..

Originally Posted by Phudnik (Post 16264555)
Sorry to hear. Still hoping you will end up around here.

Originally Posted by Mackieman (Post 16265680)
:( Too bad. Getting out of Houston is a great goal to have.

The reason we are "stuck" in Houston is because the program my wife interviewed at is not giving her an answer. Well, because of their delay, Mrs. photog72 found out more about the program, and realized it would not be a good career move. Pediatric cancer conferences are great for networking. That's where she found out about the program... but she also found out that there is an opening at another hospital in DCA that's a lot better than the one before - and a good friend of her's works there. So, crossing my fingers for that job.

snod08 Apr 23, 2011 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by zippypinhead (Post 16268916)
Just tossin out the life preserver to teh Box....
It almost slipped under to page two.:eek:

And a good ole ^ for that.

Smiley police reporting that they changed the location of the smileys this morning.

bmg42000 Apr 23, 2011 6:19 pm

Good luck in your search

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 16269015)
The reason we are "stuck" in Houston is because the program my wife interviewed at is not giving her an answer. Well, because of their delay, Mrs. photog72 found out more about the program, and realized it would not be a good career move. Pediatric cancer conferences are great for networking. That's where she found out about the program... but she also found out that there is an opening at another hospital in DCA that's a lot better than the one before - and a good friend of her's works there. So, crossing my fingers for that job.

I hope you find happiness whereever you end up.

snod08 Apr 23, 2011 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 16269015)

Yes, good luck to you and the Mrs.photog72.

photog72 Apr 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Houston is not the worst place to be stuck... except outdoors in the summer.

sbm12 Apr 23, 2011 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 16269433)
Houston is not the worst place to be stuck... except outdoors in the summer.

Quoted for truth. Festering = ick!

Much wine consumed here tonight, as well as some kosher for passover vodka. About time to call it a night. :-:

GTITAN Apr 23, 2011 9:19 pm

Good Evening Classic B:rolleyes:x III. Hope everyone is well!:-: