FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

notabob Apr 21, 11 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Mackieman (Post 16255920)
Friends, rejoice: it is BBQ Thursday. :-:

Chinese Thursday for me. We had a 'biggest loser' at work a while back. The winner traditionally treats everyone to chinese. It took 3 weeks, but finally everyone who participated is in the office at the same time...

HeathrowGuy Apr 21, 11 9:54 am

Originally Posted by ande777emt (Post 16254827)
There is an ICN-NRT operated by UA on a 772.

Yes, and that's what I'm flying NRT-ICN-NRT.

Thanks to all for the PMs with good opinion and commentary.

I just ticketed the itinerary -- it has basically become my "Farewell to Continental Airlines" trip/mileage run. It's probably the last time I'll fly "Continental" on a major trip (I'll probably do some more longhauls in the fall/winter months, but the Continental brand will have virtually disappeared by then given the increasing pace of the integration and rebranding).

I'm going to waitlist for a SWU upgrade on the DFW-EWR-HNL-GUM (Island Hopper)-NRT portion of the trip. Fingers crossed it clears!

rggale Apr 21, 11 9:54 am

Hi Old New Box,
Is MiPo down???

msv Apr 21, 11 9:54 am

Hello classic box from the exciting state of DE. Would be much further along if road crews didn't decide to randomly close two lanes:rolleyes:

msv Apr 21, 11 9:57 am

Originally Posted by rggale (Post 16256688)
Hi Old New Box,
Is MiPo down???

Yeppers

trm2 Apr 21, 11 10:01 am

Morning Box. Is it really Thursday already?

Trustguy Apr 21, 11 10:04 am

Morning Box from DC. Luggage finally arrived around dawn. :mad:

Mackieman Apr 21, 11 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Trustguy (Post 16256755)

At least you got it. I had a hell of a time getting my buddy's luggage once when he flew into SAN but we spent the weekend in LA so CO transferred it to AEX and they proceeded to play terminal bingo at LAX with it.

rggale Apr 21, 11 10:14 am

Should I go home tonight or earn my 40th night at Marriott and stick with my original o dark thirty return home?

Trustguy Apr 21, 11 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Mackieman (Post 16256796)
At least you got it. I had a hell of a time getting my buddy's luggage once when he flew into SAN but we spent the weekend in LA so CO transferred it to AEX and they proceeded to play terminal bingo at LAX with it.

Agree we were lucky to get luggage so soon -- we committed a rookie-esque error by fully relying on checked luggage. Of course the AAirline doubled down on said error by providing us with incorrect and misleading information as to when our bags were picked up/en route.

msv Apr 21, 11 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Trustguy (Post 16256755)

I'm a big fan of carry-on.:D
Had a good friend that flew out for an interview and they lost her luggage. She had to sew the bed sheets into jammies:eek:

Trustguy Apr 21, 11 10:31 am

Originally Posted by msv (Post 16256880)
Had a good friend that flew out for an interview and they lost her luggage. She had to sew the bed sheets into jammies:eek:

This trip is 6 days which exceeds my bandwidth of carrying on...

msv Apr 21, 11 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Trustguy (Post 16256896)
This trip is 6 days which exceeds my bandwidth of carrying on...

I've done it for 2 weeks with 5 people:D

ETA: Advantage to being short

carvalh2 Apr 21, 11 10:44 am

Originally Posted by msv (Post 16256880)

Why not just sleep nekkid? :D

glasnost7 Apr 21, 11 11:05 am

I've done six weeks with a carry-on, but I was spending most of it in Africa and shorts don't take up a lot of room. My colleagues are always checking 2-3 bags and arriving with 0.