FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

RNE Jun 21, 2022 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy (Post 34355527)
That site failed to ever do much of anything. The Penalty Box was probably the most p:)pular part of it ... and last I looked, the site itself was dead and it just redirected to Boarding Area.

Sadly, any site without me is doomed. ;)

EmailKid Jun 21, 2022 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 34357186)
Sadly, any site without me is doomed. ;)

Wait ... what :eek:

To keep with your posting style, should that not be:

"Any site without RNE is doomed."

:idea: :p :D

colpuck Jun 22, 2022 6:17 am

Originally Posted by seacarl (Post 34355963)
Kirby is definitely a numbers guy. I feel like AS is deteriorating too.

Please don't get me started on Mr, Core4.

When did you move to DFW? Seems like BOS suited you better!???

BOS, when did I live in BOS?

SEA-AUS-FLG-RSW-IAH-DFW-ORD-CLE has been my routing since 2009ish.

Xyzzy Jun 22, 2022 7:58 am

Originally Posted by seacarl (Post 34355940)
Agree with all of that. Total missed opportunity as FT was old static technology and ripe for being outcompeted. So where is the Box instead?

Was? H:pw about still is old static technology. And FT also doesn't have the funny replacement for batmany words.

8MiHi Jun 22, 2022 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Xyzzy (Post 34355527)
That site failed to ever do much of anything. The Penalty Box was probably the most p:)pular part of it ... and last I looked, the site itself was dead and it just redirected to Boarding Area.

MilePoint was wonderful for Gold and Silver Premiers. I learned a lot from Desamo, The Wandering Aramean and other members about the finer points of using the perks of mid-tier status and finding the real rules as The Contract of Carriage became required reading. While I agree that The Penalty Box was popular I didn't find it particularly useful as the discussions of import got all mixed up with socializing and lesser topics in a way that was difficult at times to follow.

Xyzzy Jun 22, 2022 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by 8MiHi (Post 34359426)
MilePoint was wonderful for Gold and Silver Premiers. I learned a lot from Desamo, The Wandering Aramean and other members about the finer points of using the perks of mid-tier status and finding the real rules as The Contract of Carriage became required reading. While I agree that The Penalty Box was popular I didn't find it particularly useful as the discussions of import got all mixed up with socializing and lesser topics in a way that was difficult at times to follow.

You know the rule here. If you miss something y:pu're required to go back and start reading from the beginning...

nomad420 Jun 22, 2022 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by seacarl (Post 34355963)
Kirby is definitely a numbers guy. I feel like AS is deteriorating too.

AS is definitely "deteriorating" , having migrated back and forth the last probably 10 years between AS and UA and can now say I am back to predominantly using UA as my carrier. Being out of the Bay Area AS has all but given up to mostly WN. They are down to almost nothing out of OAK and service from the Bay Area into the Islands is basically nil. Very sad situation. If I was flying to SEA I might still use them. For me right now UA from the Bay Area/SFO looks pretty good. JMHO

El_Chiflero Jun 22, 2022 4:36 pm

:rolleyes:

jackal Jun 22, 2022 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy (Post 34359681)
You know the rule here. If you miss something y:pu're required to go back and start reading from the beginning...

Why do you think I gave up participation?

ft4lyf Jun 23, 2022 5:01 am

Good morning Box

RNE Jun 23, 2022 8:21 am

Originally Posted by 8MiHi (Post 34359426)
The Penalty Box... I didn't find it particularly useful...

Thus the name The Penalty Box.

Xyzzy Jun 23, 2022 8:38 am

Originally Posted by jackal (Post 34360619)
Why do you think I gave up participation?

Well, I guess you managed to restart from the beginning just fine because y:pu are here now!

colpuck Jun 23, 2022 12:29 pm

Migraine and I have to sit here at work for two more hours.

RNE Jun 23, 2022 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by colpuck (Post 34362767)
Migraine and I have to sit here at work for two more hours.

Work? What's that? ;)

RNE, retired.

atword Jun 23, 2022 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 34362971)
Work? What's that? ;)

RNE, retired.

That's a good question these days!