FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

SFOTerry May 1, 2011 1:08 am

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit. :rolleyes:

snod08 May 1, 2011 3:53 am

Originally Posted by notabob (Post 16307541)
Been itching to post that bit, weren't you? ;)

:D

Good Sunday morning B:rolleyes:x

GTITAN May 1, 2011 4:29 am

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 16308540)

Good Sunday morning B:rolleyes:x

Good Morning Classic B:rolleyes:x III. Pleased to report that teh system worked and now the UA site reflects me as 1K.:-:^^

sbm12 May 1, 2011 4:38 am

Originally Posted by notabob (Post 16307541)
Been itching to post that bit, weren't you? ;)

Always. :p

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 16308621)
Pleased to report that teh system worked and now the UA site reflects me as 1K.:-:^^

^:cool:^

Up entirely too early here this morning but hoping that nap time later solves that problem. Finally a day that doesn't involve schlepping out to Flushing so I have much lazy planned.

snod08 May 1, 2011 10:38 am

In continuing education classes all day.:eek:

golfingboy May 1, 2011 12:53 pm

Hi, Box #1.1 :p

CO 1E May 1, 2011 3:48 pm

Good to see people are still posting here. ;)

monitor May 1, 2011 4:03 pm

It is more relaxed over here. Lots of the same people and lots of the same subjects but not a whole lot of technical stuff about the intricacies of EUA, the merger, and methods of insuring ELR or E+, all of which are important but need only one venue like this. And when that stuff does come up, it is easy to find the answer since it never is lost among some of the more exotic 20 stop MLR itineraries that are posted over there that frequently leads one to scan as opposed to read carefully. :)

zippypinhead May 1, 2011 4:06 pm

I think it was Phudnik that first posted the question. But it bears asking again...

Who the hell are these guys? And what did they do with my Cleveland Indians? :confused::confused:

The eternal kid in me believes they're going all the way before each season. But, this start is beyond anything I could imagine.:D

CO 1E May 1, 2011 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by monitor (Post 16310970)
It is more relaxed over here. Lots of the same people and lots of the same subjects but not a whole lot of technical stuff about the intricacies of EUA, the merger, and methods of insuring ELR or E+, all of which are important but need only one venue like this. And when that stuff does come up, it is easy to find the answer since it never is lost among some of the more exotic 20 stop MLR itineraries that are posted over there that frequently leads one to scan as opposed to read carefully. :)

Oh, I'm not criticizing it. I can barely keep up with just the Box over there, let alone the more substantive threads.

Hartmann May 1, 2011 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by monitor (Post 16310970)

Really? Back when Box was in the old forum we shared such details. And we goofed off.

sbm12 May 1, 2011 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Hartmann (Post 16311082)
Really? Back when Box was in the old forum we shared such details. And we goofed off.

And he disrespected that one, too. :rolleyes:

Hartmann May 1, 2011 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16311103)

I'm not making my comments to say who's done what or anything like that. The Box was an escape from the regular forums for me, even if it meant flying topics were still discussed, that's all I was saying.

monitor May 1, 2011 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16311103)

You read (and apparently have read) me wrong. In no way do I disrespect the Box. When one has missed twenty or thirty pages and has a limited time it may be necessary to scan as opposed to reading deeply. It certainly is the place for sharing details when you have some that may be interesting to others and that and the camaraderie that engenders is to be respected.

Although I do not participate in the mileage runs and find some of the itineraries to be admirably mind-boggling, I do try to contribute whatever I can to the dialogue and when I have some information that is requested or which I think may be of interest, I share it over there. I have met quite a few of the Boxians and I think that there are very few or no others who will say that I disrespect the Box, and by implication, them personally.

Phudnik May 1, 2011 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by zippypinhead (Post 16310979)
I think it was Phudnik that first posted the question. But it bears asking again...

Who the hell are these guys? And what did they do with my Cleveland Indians? :confused::confused:

The eternal kid in me believes they're going all the way before each season. But, this start is beyond anything I could imagine.:D

It was I, and I still wonder. The $15 I paid for the MLB At Bat app for my Blackberry has been well worth it. Whenever I get sad, I'm going to watch Santana's game-ending grand slam from the other night and it will cheer me right up, no matter what else happens the rest of the season.

Now to find CO and US e-fares that match up with home games...

GTITAN May 1, 2011 7:24 pm

Good Evening Classic B:rolleyes:x III.:-:

photog72 May 1, 2011 11:53 pm

First post in this 'Box post Bin Laden (R.I.H. - Rest In Hell). The wife and I are still up watching the different channels. Channel 4 in NYC was on the air till 1:30am EDT. :eek: Time for bed.

paranoiatx May 2, 2011 1:22 am

Hmm, how sad is it that I saw this in the Box first and THEN went to check the news sites/channels?

sbm12 May 2, 2011 5:30 am

Originally Posted by paranoiatx (Post 16313369)
Hmm, how sad is it that I saw this in the Box first and THEN went to check the news sites/channels?

Ditto, except I'm not bothering to check other sources. :rolleyes:

notabob May 2, 2011 6:04 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16313752)
Ditto, except I'm not bothering to check other sources. :rolleyes:

Teh Box: FT's version of The Daily Show - the only news source worth checking :D

snod08 May 2, 2011 6:31 am

Hello B:rolleyes:x.

I have been at W:rolleyes:rk pretty much through Sunday evening. So, Monday morning isnt that bad...as i never saw the weekend.

At any rate. Good news on that tewwowism front...hoping for good times for all traveling folks.

Also, I generally agree with what monitor said.
I personaly like all Boxers/ettes even though I have only met a few.
I dont go to too many events / MR's, etc..mainly because of scheduling reasons.

I think there is pretty much respect for what a Boxian is saying (no matter what is the topic).

For example, I was amazed that a few people actually asked me to explain some rules of cricket.^
Even though, I was sure that most folks in here would not watch the game.

The other nice thing about Boxians is that they have widespread knowledge of different airline/hotel programs and other such things. So, if I have a question, I get an answer with ease. Thanks for everything. ^

rolov May 2, 2011 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Hartmann (Post 16311226)
I'm not making my comments to say who's done what or anything like that. The Box was an escape from the regular forums for me, even if it meant flying topics were still discussed, that's all I was saying.

:rolleyes: :D

mnmag May 2, 2011 9:56 am

Just popping in to say 'hi'!:p

FamilyMan May 2, 2011 11:38 am

Hi all. First post in the penalty box...what's the purpose of this?

snod08 May 2, 2011 11:39 am

Originally Posted by FamilyMan (Post 16315458)

You mean whats the purpose of your first post in Teh Box?:D

Welcome to Teh B:rolleyes:x.

Read it from the beginning. Enjoy the conversation.

GTITAN May 2, 2011 11:46 am

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 16315466)

I believe that the purpose is summed up in two key quotes,

(1) "It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma ....."

(2) "I poast therefore I am. Poasty Post!"

:-:^^

Pa Kettle May 2, 2011 11:48 am

The idea that teh Box might have to have a reason to be seems alien. It is what it is.

sbm12 May 2, 2011 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 16315508)

Inside of bacon. :-:

Another day of not enough to do at the office. :(

GTITAN May 2, 2011 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16315665)

Well played Sir!

Mackieman May 2, 2011 12:40 pm

I've got some stuff I can farm out if you work cheap. ;)

zippypinhead May 2, 2011 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by FamilyMan (Post 16315458)

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 16315466)

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 16315508)
I believe that the purpose is summed up in two key quotes,

(2) "I poast therefore I am. Poasty Post!"

:-:^^

Originally Posted by Pa Kettle (Post 16315517)
The idea that teh Box might have to have a reason to be seems alien. It is what it is.

But, but, but.....
No one has mentioned beer.:confused:
Or, poop for that matter.:rolleyes:

Pa Kettle May 2, 2011 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by zippypinhead (Post 16316608)
But, but, but.....

I have to say that you do have a valid point.

sbm12 May 2, 2011 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Mackieman (Post 16315878)
I've got some stuff I can farm out if you work cheap. ;)

Sure...I'd love to at this point. Don't get me wrong - I like getting paid whether I'm busy or not - but I was basically begging the guy today for anything to do and he basically told me to just sit tight and not bother. :rolleyes:

paranoiatx May 3, 2011 2:28 am

Originally Posted by zippypinhead (Post 16316608)
But, but, but.....

Or BBQ. Is it Thu yet? :confused:

snod08 May 3, 2011 3:01 am

Very early good morning B:rolleyes:x.

Long long day coming up.

GTITAN May 3, 2011 5:42 am

Good Morning Classic B:rolleyes:x III.:-:

snod08 May 3, 2011 5:45 am

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 16319682)
Good Morning Classic B:rolleyes:x III.:-:

You got Teh Top of Teh Page Poasty Poast.

GTITAN May 3, 2011 5:46 am

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 16319685)
You got Teh Top of Teh Page Poasty Poast.

If a tree falls in a forest, you can be darn sure that someone will get poasty post credit!

I like free beer!:-:

Mackieman May 3, 2011 6:15 am

Originally Posted by paranoiatx (Post 16319302)
Or BBQ. Is it Thu yet? :confused:

If only wishing made it so...

snod08 May 3, 2011 6:17 am

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 16319686)
If a tree falls in a forest, you can be darn sure that someone will get poasty post credit!

I like free beer!:-:

:D^