FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

snod08 Apr 8, 11 10:13 am

Originally Posted by adelauro (Post 16182388)
Wow, how out of the loop have I been? I just discovered the new Box.

Good Morning.

Welcome back!

Hope you are doing great. Long time no see here.

jackal Apr 8, 11 10:16 am

Originally Posted by adelauro (Post 16182388)
Wow, how out of the loop have I been? I just discovered the new Box.

Good Morning.

I knew there was someone missing!

GTITAN Apr 8, 11 12:01 pm

Howdy B:rolleyes:x Classic III! Happy Friday Y'all.

sbm12 Apr 8, 11 12:53 pm

Just got my approval for Global Entry. Only took about 3 days. :cool:

Now to schedule the interview. Considered going before my GRU trip next week but my passport is at the Brazilian Embassy so that won't work so well. :(

Probably will go upon return home from that trip. :D

snod08 Apr 8, 11 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16183637)
Just got my approval for Global Entry. :D

^

Mackieman Apr 8, 11 4:02 pm

It is time. :-:

N965VJ Apr 8, 11 4:48 pm

And now, your Moment Of Zen. :D

COFreqFlyer Apr 8, 11 7:21 pm

Howdy Box3.0.

zippypinhead Apr 8, 11 8:30 pm

Too much gumbo, spiced boiled shrimps, 'n beer.... burp.
4:30am wake up call. Bed becons... g'nite box.

Driving by DCA Apr 8, 11 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Grace B (Post 16181283)
I was going to say that I don't understand any of this, but on reflection I won't.

That's okay. Even those of us who have been in the B:rolleyes:x for a while have no idea what's going on. Have another drink and get happy sister :-:

Driving by DCA Apr 8, 11 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by N965VJ (Post 16185039)
And now, your Moment Of Zen. :D

Did he get her number?

Oh and good evening and good night B:rolleyes:x the Third. Another one of those days, but at least today is Friday. We we we so excited.

snod08 Apr 9, 11 6:00 am

Hello Classic Box.

trm2 Apr 9, 11 8:48 am

Happy Saturday Box!

sbm12 Apr 9, 11 10:11 am

Originally Posted by trm2 (Post 16187842)
Happy Saturday Box!

Happy Saturday, indeed. My grill, which I thought was dead, is not in fact such. Much more charred flesh to be consumed this summer. Additionally, the sun is out and I will be building a new planter box for my back deck today. :cool:

trm2 Apr 9, 11 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16188186)
Happy Saturday, indeed. My grill, which I thought was dead, is not in fact such. Much more charred flesh to be consumed this summer. Additionally, the sun is out and I will be building a new planter box for my back deck today. :cool:

Good news/bad news - now you don't get to buy a new one.

SFOTerry Apr 9, 11 5:53 pm

Good afternoon Box. :rolleyes:

msv Apr 9, 11 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by SFOTerry (Post 16190205)
Good afternoon Box. :rolleyes:

Welcome. How are you doing?

photog72 Apr 9, 11 6:14 pm

Good afternoon/evening. It was 90 yesterday in Teh Festering Pit (aka Houston). Yes, the festering has started.

zippypinhead Apr 9, 11 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 16190276)
Good afternoon/evening. It was 90 yesterday in Teh Festering Pit (aka Houston). Yes, the festering has started.

It was mega-festering for this poor shlub just coming off a cold Cleveland winter.... I really need more time to get acclimated slowly.... You know, like a couple of 75-80 degree days with low humidity....
Today in teh pit it was a little better. But I still sweated a barrel-full.
Back to the brewery for more fun at 'O-dark fifteen tomorrow....

photog72 Apr 9, 11 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by zippypinhead (Post 16190731)
It was mega-festering for this poor shlub just coming off a cold Cleveland winter.... I really need more time to get acclimated slowly.... You know, like a couple of 75-80 degree days with low humidity....
Today in teh pit it was a little better. But I still sweated a barrel-full.
Back to the brewery for more fun at 'O-dark fifteen tomorrow....

The wind helped keep the :rolleyes: at bay. But, it was still :td: with the festering.

Watching the DiASTROS-Marlins game. They showed GHWB attempting to leave his seats. He does not walk well.

zippypinhead Apr 10, 11 4:52 am

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, it's off to w:rolleyes:rk we go...

snod08 Apr 10, 11 6:23 am

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 16190795)
watching the diastros-marlins game. They showed ghwb attempting to leave his seats. He does not walk well.

disastros :D

snod08 Apr 10, 11 6:24 am

Good morning Classic Box.

Happy sunday.

Phudnik Apr 10, 11 8:13 am

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 16190795)
Watching the DiASTROS-Marlins game. They showed GHWB attempting to leave his seats. He does not walk well.

He's 87 years old. He can walk as slowly as he likes.

Meanwhile, who are these guys and what have they done with the Cleveland Indians?

trm2 Apr 10, 11 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Phudnik (Post 16192352)
Meanwhile, who are these guys and what have they done with the Cleveland Indians?

Shhh. Don't remind them they're the Indians.

photog72 Apr 10, 11 9:05 am

He's 87 years old. He can walk as slowly as he likes.

Every time I see him it seems he gets slower. :(

As for the Indians.. enjoy the ride, while it lasts. I am sure they will show their true colors. ;)

trm2 Apr 10, 11 9:09 am

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 16192521)
As for the Indians.. enjoy the ride, while it lasts. I am sure they will show their true colors. ;)

Yep, that is why I don't want anyone reminding them. They'll figure it out on their own.

monitor Apr 10, 11 9:21 am

Every time I see him it seems he gets slower. :(...

Those of us who have reached a certain stage of maturity well understand the syndrome.

paranoiatx Apr 10, 11 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16183637)
Just got my approval for Global Entry. Only took about 3 days. :cool:

Now to schedule the interview. Considered going before my GRU trip next week but my passport is at the Brazilian Embassy so that won't work so well. :(

Probably will go upon return home from that trip. :D

Wow, with all the travelling you do you didn't go for Global Entry before now? Trust me you will never want to go back!

And it's one of those rare government operations that appears to quite speedy (re: 3-day turnaround). Mine was equally fast: 3 days to approval, 7 days to completed interview.

Maybe try to schedule the interview at the airport the day you leave for GRU? It's just watch a short video, get fingerprinted and get a sticker in your passport.

rggale Apr 10, 11 3:48 pm

Anyone know if there is an RFID chip in that sticker that you get when you're enrolled in Global Entry?

sbm12 Apr 10, 11 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by paranoiatx (Post 16193886)
Wow, with all the travelling you do you didn't go for Global Entry before now? Trust me you will never want to go back!

I rarely have waited more than 15 minutes to clear back in to the country and didn't feel like paying the $100.

Originally Posted by paranoiatx (Post 16193886)
Maybe try to schedule the interview at the airport the day you leave for GRU? It's just watch a short video, get fingerprinted and get a sticker in your passport.

I wanted to do that but I depart at 1:10 and the first interview is at noon (and already booked). A 12:30 interview wouldn't leave enough time to catch the flight. And none of my connections en route are long enough to make an interview work. So I'm doing it after making it back to EWR on that trip. I'll head to the PClub, get a shower and then head back over to the interview in Terminal B and then head home.

Of course, I don't have much international travel booked after that this year, but I'm sure something will come up.

zippypinhead Apr 10, 11 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by trm2 (Post 16192472)
Shhh. Don't remind them they're the Indians.

Yes, definately shhhh! I'll enjoy the ride as long as it lasts.... And then follow 'em through another rebuilding year.:rolleyes:

snod08 Apr 10, 11 5:34 pm

Hello Box!! Hope everyone is enjoying the Sunday.

Got some exercise! YAY for that.

zippypinhead Apr 10, 11 5:35 pm

Quick question for those in teh festering pit.
Any decent/passible BBQ up around the IAH area? (We're staying near there and am too bushed to travel far)

photog72 Apr 10, 11 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by zippypinhead (Post 16194786)
Quick question for those in teh festering pit.
Any decent/passible BBQ up around the IAH area? (We're staying near there and am too bushed to travel far)

Pappas @ 19713 Highway 59 North, Humble, TX. Or Mo's @ 8321 FM 1960 Bypass Rd W, Humble, TX.

GTITAN Apr 10, 11 9:50 pm

Evening Classic B:rolleyes:x III. Hope everyone is well!

Flyer_70 Apr 10, 11 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 16195737)
Evening Classic B:rolleyes:x III. Hope everyone is well!

Hola.. and almost time for bed here. :-: Tomorrow is M:rolleyes:nday. :(

trm2 Apr 11, 11 5:28 am

Monday morning sucks, but hi box.

zippypinhead Apr 11, 11 5:49 am

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 16195709)
Pappas @ 19713 Highway 59 North, Humble, TX. Or Mo's @ 8321 FM 1960 Bypass Rd W, Humble, TX.

Oddly enough, that's where we wound up last night.
I would use the term "safe BBQ". Okay, but nothing special.
Kinda like the Outback of BBQ places.

snod08 Apr 11, 11 6:42 am

Hello Monday morning B:rolleyes:x.

Meetings all morning.:rolleyes:
I havent even read the paperwork for the meeting.