FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Sneak Preview: New Mileage Plus/OnePass mileage transfer and Elite status tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1191658-sneak-preview-new-mileage-plus-onepass-mileage-transfer-elite-status-tools.html)

UA Insider Mar 7, 2011 9:12 am

Sneak Preview: New Mileage Plus/OnePass mileage transfer and Elite status tools

Hi Everyone, as most of you know, United Mileage Plus and Continental OnePass will continue to operate separately until we until they’re combined in 2012. As a result, we’ve received requests from members to be able to transfer miles and combine Elite earnings between accounts. Today, we’re pleased to give you, our power-users, a sneak preview of our new self-service tools that do just that.

Specifically, you can:
  1. Transfer redeemable miles between your OnePass and Mileage Plus accounts. Give it a spin at united.com/transfermymiles or continental.com/transfermymiles (both take you to the same place).
  2. Match Elite status and combine Elite earnings for your OnePass and Mileage Plus accounts. For those of you who have Elite Qualification miles and segments/points in both OnePass and Mileage Plus, you can now combine these earnings to earn Elite status, Regional Upgrades and Systemwide Upgrades. Go to united.com/combinemyactivity or continental.com/combinemyactivity for all the details.
As usual, we’re grateful for the feedback and your patience during this prototype stage. Enjoy!

Scott O'Leary
Managing Director, Customer Solutions
United Airlines

channa Mar 7, 2011 9:20 am

Cool stuff, thanks for setting this up!

aanswer Mar 7, 2011 9:21 am

Awesome tool! However, it keeps timing out at different stages.

From Google Chrome:

"Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): The server could not be found."

aacharya Mar 7, 2011 9:22 am

Originally Posted by aanswer (Post 15989664)

From Google Chrome:

Not an issue with IE.

Mackieman Mar 7, 2011 9:24 am

Originally Posted by aanswer (Post 15989664)

From Google Chrome:

I had no problems in Firefox either. Very smooth process.

todorovic Mar 7, 2011 9:25 am

Mileage transfer worked like charm. Took me 3 attempts to realize that I was asked for CO PIN (not password) but once I figured that out miles were out of my CO account an in my UA account within seconds.

Thanks for this functionality.

cchuang1980 Mar 7, 2011 10:10 am

Transfer of RDM works on the latest safari (Mac) and is almost an instant transfer. Very good!

AMRivlin Mar 7, 2011 10:22 am

Better to make UA or CO the primary account?

If I am 1P and I make CO primary do I get a CO *Gold card?

PTahCha Mar 7, 2011 10:29 am

Oooh... Scott left out the interesting part - matching equivalent elite status on CO and UA.

I guess that can go both ways... are we going to see more 1Ks on UA flights?

socalsun Mar 7, 2011 10:32 am

Originally Posted by PTahCha (Post 15990068)
Oooh... Scott left out the interesting part - matching equivalent elite status on CO and UA.

I guess that can go both ways... are we going to see more 1Ks on UA flights?

Definitely - CO Plats with >100k EQMs last year will be granted 1K. Not sure though how this will actually affect things with non-requalifying 1Ks bumping down not too long ago.

skimple Mar 7, 2011 10:33 am

Very nice feature! Thanks!

Now - how about combining Lifetime EQMs? :D:D:D

cova Mar 7, 2011 10:40 am

Foot note to the matching table in the Q&A states:

For elite status match, if you hold Platinum status but it was not earned based on EQM, EQS/EQP, you will be at the Premier Executive level.
1. So I guess that means that give away Platinums or wallet candy Platinums only get Premier Executive status match.

2. I guess this means that CO MM spouse/SO matches only get Premier Exec on UA (unless they flew more than 100K).

3. What about CO Infinites? Does this mean that CO Infinites with less than 100K miles in 2010 can only get matched to Prem Exec on UA? Is this defining the future of the CO Infinite program - which was presented when earned as having the most exclusive tier for life?

4. What about UA Lifetime status - 1P at 1MM and 2MM and 1K at 3MM.
Does a UA lifetime 1K who did not fly 100K in 2010 get the CO Plat with 100K travel priority?

5. What about CO MM lifetime status matches. Will CO 1MM get upgraded to 1P from Silver? What if a CO MM flies 3MM will they get lifetime Platinum - there is no 3MM level on CO at this time?

6. Lifetime UA 1P (from either 1MM or 2MM) - does a UA Lifetime 1P who flew less than 50K still get a CO Gold match?

hobo13 Mar 7, 2011 10:41 am

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 15989592)
For those of you who have Elite Qualification miles and segments/points in both OnePass and Mileage Plus, you can now combine these earnings to earn Elite status, Regional Upgrades and Systemwide Upgrades.

If you earn CR1's in your OnePass account, can you actually use them? I didn't think CO had a CR1 equivalent. Or if they do, do you only get to use them on CO metal?

GimmeLegRoom Mar 7, 2011 10:42 am

Outstanding! I was waiting to use my 100k CO miles until accounts combined and/or my plans became more final, so I could use my 1K status for free changes/redeposits.

And great news on the crediting of CO miles towards CR1s and SWUs ^

FortFun Mar 7, 2011 10:43 am

The status-match one doesn't work for me on Windows 7 running latest versions of Chrome, FireFox, or IE (just hangs). :(

Haven't tried the other.