Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Sneak Preview: New Mileage Plus/OnePass mileage transfer and Elite status tools

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sneak Preview: New Mileage Plus/OnePass mileage transfer and Elite status tools

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:27 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
I'm getting the SM-502 as well. Arg!

EDIT: It was the middle initial issue others have noted. I called the OnePass service desk and had them fix that, and then within seconds I was able to "match" the accounts and link them on the website.

Fingers crossed (but not holding breath, due to the wait times others reported) for CO Plat status!

Last edited by EsquireFlyer; Mar 14, 2011 at 6:35 pm
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by 1Kin9D
Here is my situation: UA 1P who flew 76,000 EQM last year. Have asked for CO status match which should make me CO Platinum for 2011. I have ~680,000 lifetime UA miles and expect to do around 120,000 miles this year between UA and CO.

Clearly, I want to use my, soon to be minted, Plat status on CO flights. Does it also (for UDU purposes) make sense to use my CO number for UA flights? I should be above 1Ps on the list as a CO Plat, right?

My concern is losing the UA Lifetime miles (or would I?). My brain hurts...

What would you do?
After your status match you should use your UA number (and status) when flying on UA and your CO number (and status) when flying on CO. Lifetime miles will be combined when both programs are combined. That shuld happen later this year.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), Marriott lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by xyzzy
After your status match you should use your UA number (and status) when flying on UA and your CO number (and status) when flying on CO.
Does it make a difference if I'm flying as a UA passenger (with a UA flight number) on a code share operated by CO? To maximize my UDU chances, I figure that I should use my UA number because I'm on a "UA flight," even though the flight is operated by CO, right?
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
Can I sign-up continental and transfer amex points to CO and then transfer CO miles to UA miles?

can it be done immediately?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...sfer-tool.html

As seamless as you could possibly imagine...
---------------------------------------------------------------

I just took all of about 60 seconds and:

1) Linked my CO OnePass account to my AMEX Plat / MR account
2) Initiated a transfer of 40,000 points to OnePass
3) 40,000 is above my current balance, so it asked if I wanted to use points advance. Yes.
4) Click transfer and it's done.

5) Go to my CO OnePass account and there are the 40,000 miles.

6) Go to United.com/transfer my miles and initiate a transfer of these 40,000 miles to MileagePlus. My accounts matched up, so transfer again took place immediately.

This is a very nice benefit in my eyes; Too bad it goes away 9/30...
Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Originally Posted by busyexec331
Does it make a difference if I'm flying as a UA passenger (with a UA flight number) on a code share operated by CO? To maximize my UDU chances, I figure that I should use my UA number because I'm on a "UA flight," even though the flight is operated by CO, right?
You'll want to use the number of the perating carrier. The operating carrier is the one that processes the upgrades!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:42 pm

Programs: Conti Plat/1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Initiated match from CO Platinum to UA 1K very early morning on 3/14.

Match completed less than 12 hours later.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Did my match from 1K to CO Plat last Monday (3/7) and I'm still showing non-elite. Hurry up CO!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:42 pm
sy7

I matched my UA 1K status last Tuesday I think, and just now my CO account is showing Platinum. I'm sure other people must also have gotten the CO status match as well by now?
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by bwerber

Wow.

Originally Posted by sy7
I matched my UA 1K status last Tuesday I think, and just now my CO account is showing Platinum. I'm sure other people must also have gotten the CO status match as well by now?
Matched to CO Plat on 3/7. Still non-elite.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by bwerber

I wonder at what point people who did it first few days are going to re-submit. Still waiting on my CO --> UA from 3/7
Old Mar 15, 2011, 1:14 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
I just took all of about 60 seconds and:

1) Linked my CO OnePass account to my AMEX Plat / MR account
2) Initiated a transfer of 40,000 points to OnePass
6) Go to United.com/transfer my miles and initiate a transfer of these 40,000 miles to MileagePlus. My accounts matched up, so transfer again took place immediately.
Why xfer AmEx to UA...? AmEx has a few partners one can use for some interesting awards at good rates... (e.g., distance-based awards from ANA)
Old Mar 15, 2011, 2:24 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Also matched my 1K either 3/7 or 3/8 and still waiting to be CO Plat.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by airshadow
I wonder at what point people who did it first few days are going to re-submit. Still waiting on my CO --> UA from 3/7
It won't allow a resubmittal. I tried, thinking I had done something wrong when the status matching didn't take place. Has anyone had CO do a match yet? Didn't look like it as I browsed through the posts here (although I certainly could have missed it).
Old Mar 15, 2011, 6:27 am
iwc

Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Did my match from 1K to CO Plat last Monday (3/7) and I'm still showing non-elite. Hurry up CO!
No love here either, also matched on 3/7 and still non-elite.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iwc
No love here either, also matched on 3/7 and still non-elite.
It's nt been 7-10 business days yet. I suspect they are either encountering problems or are batching the updates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.