Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Sneak Preview: New Mileage Plus/OnePass mileage transfer and Elite status tools

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sneak Preview: New Mileage Plus/OnePass mileage transfer and Elite status tools

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Still waiting for CO Platinum status to post.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Requested status match from CO Gold to UA Premier Exec on Monday 3/7. Match appeared on UA web site on Saturday 3/12. Good to go!
Old Mar 12, 2011, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by N1120A
Why so slow for CO to show status match....

Still waiting
Old Mar 12, 2011, 6:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dynamic123
....After this is done, should I use my UA account for UA flights and CO account for CO flights? ...
yes for best status on UDU/EUA upgrades

Originally Posted by dynamic123
.... Also, does it matter whether I designate CO or UA as the primary when I link the two accounts? ...
YES, the choice determines which airline upgrade instrument you will earn. UA or CO. Since there is not yet reciprocal acceptance of the upgrade instrument, this choice is important for now (but hopefully irrelevant soon)
Old Mar 12, 2011, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
My UA account now shows 1K ^

An existing UA reservation still shows my old UA 1P status - so I guess I have to call and have the reservation updated to reflect 1K.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM
Made my request on 3/7 and my Premier Exec Status posted today (3/12).
Old Mar 12, 2011, 8:44 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
I tried yesterday, and again today, and get an error message-

ACCOUNTS NOT MATCHED:
We are unable to verify that your accounts match based on the information provided. If you believe you are seeing this message in error, please contact Mileage Plus® Customer Service at 1-800-421-4655 (10:00am - 8:00pm Central time, seven days a week) or OnePass® Customer Service at 1-800-554-5522 (6:30am - 8:00pm Central, Monday - Friday) and mention error code (SM502).

So I called the number and spoke to someone who asked again for the error message number, and said yes, that's a known problem they've had for a couple days, and they're hoping to have it fixed tomorrow, please call back then.

If it's fixed tomorrow, why do I have to call back? I could just do it on-line.

Curious why nobody else has mentioned this error message though. What is it about me that makes me different from everyone else on FT? No, don't answer that.
Same problem. I have been reading the thread, and you are the third person to post this error. Will keep reading, but as of 3/12, nothing has been fixed. Hopefully they will get it fixed by monday. If not, call ... I know I will have to call.

Last edited by carlitos; Mar 12, 2011 at 8:53 pm
Old Mar 12, 2011, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat, AS,
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
yes for best status on UDU/EUA upgrades

YES, the choice determines which airline upgrade instrument you will earn. UA or CO. Since there is not yet reciprocal acceptance of the upgrade instrument, this choice is important for now (but hopefully irrelevant soon)
I wonder what would happen to a 1K who already has their SWU's and then matches and selects CO as their primary account? Would the 1K lose the UA SWU's and get the CO SWU's? Would the 1K keep the UA SWU's and get the CO SWU's? Would the 1K not be given any CO SWU's because they already have UA SWU's?
Jim
Old Mar 12, 2011, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by EUG1K
I wonder what would happen to a 1K who already has their SWU's and then matches and selects CO as their primary account? Would the 1K lose the UA SWU's and get the CO SWU's? Would the 1K keep the UA SWU's and get the CO SWU's? Would the 1K not be given any CO SWU's because they already have UA SWU's?
Jim
my guess is the 1K would keep their original UA SWUs, would not keep any CO SWUs based on past history and if 2011 activity made 100K would get CO SWUs
Old Mar 12, 2011, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by N1120A
+1

Does anybody know the process for switching from UA>CO or CO>UA numbers with a CO reservation? I'd like to put CO Plat for my LAX-MIA trip in June, but credit to UA.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 9:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Matched to CO Plat (I guess?) from 1K on Mar 8, still showing at non-elite tonight on .COm
Old Mar 12, 2011, 10:07 pm

Programs: United, Marriott, Delta
Flying ORD to ZRH

I skimmed through this thread, so I probably missed it.

Premeir Exec on United, no status on CO. After matching my UA status on CO, is there any benefit to flying on a Swiss Air flight with my UA MP, or should I switch to my CO OP account for this flight?
Old Mar 12, 2011, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by spartyguy
I skimmed through this thread, so I probably missed it.

Premeir Exec on United, no status on CO. After matching my UA status on CO, is there any benefit to flying on a Swiss Air flight with my UA MP, or should I switch to my CO OP account for this flight?
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Keep the LX (Swiss) reservation under your UA 1P (Premier Exec) #. You will get Star Alliance Gold benefits (free bags, priority boarding...)
Old Mar 12, 2011, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by spartyguy
...Premeir Exec on United, no status on CO. After matching my UA status on CO, is there any benefit to flying on a Swiss Air flight with my UA MP, or should I switch to my CO OP account for this flight?
You would be *G either way -- so shouldn't be any difference but there is some slight mileage earning difference. look like UA MP is potential better at this moment for T, W fares.

LX crediting to OP
LX crediting to MP
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:19 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, Alaska MileagePlan, Marriott Rewards
if i'm a ua 2p flying on CO metal, is it more beneficial to now do a status match to my CO account which has no status, to have a better chance at UDU upgrades? that way it will be a CO metal CO FF account.

is this going to make a difference, or should i just not bother going thru the trouble?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.