Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Sneak Preview: New Mileage Plus/OnePass mileage transfer and Elite status tools

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sneak Preview: New Mileage Plus/OnePass mileage transfer and Elite status tools

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2011, 8:11 am

My CO status was from status match (instant, not the new "challenge version") but so far I haven't been matched at UA. I submitted my request CO -> UA on the first day, and it sounds like most from that day are reporting success. It's possible that status-matched CO's won't be reciprocated. Not a big deal either way, but has anyone with CO status from a previous match been updated with UA?
Old Mar 12, 2011, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by airshadow
My CO status was from status match (instant, not the new "challenge version") but so far I haven't been matched at UA. I submitted my request CO -> UA on the first day, and it sounds like most from that day are reporting success. It's possible that status-matched CO's won't be reciprocated. Not a big deal either way, but has anyone with CO status from a previous match been updated with UA?
same here. Find my post a few days back now that explains we should get matched
Old Mar 12, 2011, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Colin
same here. Find my post a few days back now that explains we should get matched
Cool - thanks. I'm usually pretty good about reading before posting but somehow missed your earlier post.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Another sign that UA IT is clearly superior to CO - look how quickly those status matches have come for the CO folks

Maybe .bomb should be kept...
I strongly suspect there is a manual element here rather than some automated process. Otherwise, it would not take any time at all. And in any event, the CO->UA likely requires CO to do the verification of whether status was obtained by EQMs or a match, and how many EQMs/segments were actually earned by plats. That would mean that the CO people are faster about this than the UA folks.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: UA Plat
Will United recognize CO Platinum status regarding award change fees?

I am almost certain the answer to this question is "no", but I thought I would query the experts to see if my assumption is wrong. I earned 75K EQM on UA in 2010, which means I should map to Platinum status on Continental. As a Continental Platinum, I will be exempt from many fees, such as changes to award tickets. I recently booked an award ticket on United, and if better routing shows up in the future, I could imagine wanting to change this ticket, but I would have to pay a $150 change fee. Is there any chance that United would recognize the Continental Platinum status and exempt me from this potential change fee? Or is it too early to know what the UA / CO policies will be?
Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by car94102
I am almost certain the answer to this question is "no", but I thought I would query the experts to see if my assumption is wrong. I earned 75K EQM on UA in 2010, which means I should map to Platinum status on Continental. As a Continental Platinum, I will be exempt from many fees, such as changes to award tickets. I recently booked an award ticket on United, and if better routing shows up in the future, I could imagine wanting to change this ticket, but I would have to pay a $150 change fee. Is there any chance that United would recognize the Continental Platinum status and exempt me from this potential change fee? Or is it too early to know what the UA / CO policies will be?
I'm in the same position. They shouldn't recognize CO Plat as far as award fee waivers go, but I'd keep an eye out for policy changes/alignments that may change this.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by car94102
Is there any chance that United would recognize the Continental Platinum status and exempt me from this potential change fee? Or is it too early to know what the UA / CO policies will be?
Right now you are talking about two separate airlines. If they were going to recognize status as you suggest, they wouldn't bother matching status across the two carriers. Since you flew 75k on UA and matched to CO platinum, nothing is going to change for you in this case. You purchased tickets on UA but your UA status does not qualify you for the fee waiver.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, LH
Dear Mr. O'Leary,
This is a great feature. I was able to easily transfer my UA miles to CO and post enough miles to book my tickets for my family of three at 25,000 miles each within 15 minutes. Delta wants 40,000miles each for the same DTW-PDX-DTW trip.

Due to my business schedule, we have to return on different flights. I appreciate the fact that CO let's my family members get free baggage on award tickets under my elite account status, even though we have different records. On Delta, they won't allow my family members free baggage unless they are in the same record (i.e. Exact same itinerary both inbound and outbound), even when using HIGH LEVEL COACH awards. Even though I was platinum on NWA and live in Michigan, UA/CO wins my business now for two main reasons: 1.) Fair and equitable frequent flyer award seat availability and reward date changeability without a $150 redeposit fee, and, 2.) Economy Plus seating for all elites, throughout the network (I also like the free vodka on international flights, while Delta limits free alcoholic beverages to beer and wine)

Thanks for creating a better airline loyalty program. My only regret is that NWA did not merge with CO instead of DL.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 3:14 pm

Does it matter which one I designate as PRIMARY?

I am a CO Plat (flew 105k EQM in 2010).

I am on track to reach >100k EQM (total) for 2011. Already 27k for 2011.

I fly mostly international from SFO, and mostly only CO metal, but lately have been getting better connections on UA flights. Of course, so far I use my CO account when I fly UA flights.

If I understand this thread correctly, my CO plat will be matched to UA 1K, and I'll have both cards for 2011, correct?

After this is done, should I use my UA account for UA flights and CO account for CO flights? Also, does it matter whether I designate CO or UA as the primary when I link the two accounts?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 12, 2011, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
My CO account is still showing Non-Elite, and almost everything is the same except that LIFETIME MILEAGE is no longer shown (the 5th line)
Old Mar 12, 2011, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by dynamic123
I am a CO Plat (flew 105k EQM in 2010).

If I understand this thread correctly, my CO plat will be matched to UA 1K, and I'll have both cards for 2011, correct?
Correct.

After this is done, should I use my UA account for UA flights and CO account for CO flights?
Also correct.

Also, does it matter whether I designate CO or UA as the primary when I link the two accounts?

Thanks in advance
That's the million dollar question. My understanding of the website and confirmation email was it if I designate UA I will start earning quarterly CR1s based on 10k BIS mile requirement (a perk for UA 1Ks who earned 2011 status). It isn't confirmed, so if you anticipate hitting 75k early this year on CO and want the CR1s on CO then pick CO. Hopefully we can get this resolved soon.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
So without combining, am an automatic CO Plat for this year?
Old Mar 12, 2011, 3:23 pm

My UA status just updated today to Premier Executive, matching CO*Gold.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 4:03 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by AntonS
My UA status just updated today to Premier Executive, matching CO*Gold.
My UA status updated today as well.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hauteboy
My UA status updated today as well.
Please post the date the request was made as well at the date the status match appeared. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.