Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

BWI Airspace Lounge (Former RCC Location in Concourse D)- CLOSING May 27 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BWI Airspace Lounge (Former RCC Location in Concourse D)- CLOSING May 27 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Checked out the lounge last week... small but perfect for what I needed. Under $20 for wifi and a drink (or snack)? Not bad! Bonus for the size issue... if it's too crowded, you'll know before you pay.

I'd prefer to use my RCC membership to continue to squeeze out the value in that, but with no other options, I'll hapily stop at this lounge next time I pass through BWI.
Old May 26, 2011, 8:19 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
I was there Tuesday morning. It was nice. There was construction going on right outside the lounge, so it was not terribly quiet: nothing Airspace could do, but it was what it was.

It's not an RCC, which is unfortunate, but it wasn't bad. I felt like I got my money's worth - internet, a snack, a couple glasses of OJ and a (at least in principle) quiet place to work for $19 and change.
Old May 31, 2011, 4:35 am
Company Representative, AirSpace Lounges

Lightbulb BWI Arrivals

Hello United/Continental FTers,

Airspace Lounge is now catering to arriving passengers at BWI. Airspace has been primarily serving departing customers at BWI since we opened our doors in early May and we are glad to be able to broaden our offering in a tailored way to arriving customers.

This service is highly accessible to mainline United/Continental customers; all of whom walk by Airspace Lounge at BWI as they walk up Concourse D.

The Airspace Arrivals product includes:
  • An arrivals amenity kit (beginning early June 2011)
  • A to-go sandwich, salad or wrap. Customers may also linger in-lounge if they wish and if they’re not hungry, AM arrivals may elect to have a morning cocktail such as a mimosa, bloody mary or screwdriver instead of breakfast. Breakfast items include a hot bacon, egg and cheese biscuit or a hot sausage egg & cheese english muffin along with vegetarian and cold choices.
  • Use of Airspace’s in-lounge restrooms with extra-large stalls for changing clothes
  • Peet’s coffee & tea, orange juice, other juices and soft drinks all available to-go

The Airspace Arrivals product is available to any arriving passenger on any flight of any airline, but it's being developed to cater to longer-haul arriving flights into BWI’s Concourse D including:

Airline ----Flight----Origin----Dest----Dept------Arrival------Equip
UA-------470------LAX-----BWI-----1039p-----636a-------757
UA-------752------DEN-----BWI-----912a------235p-------319
UA-------352------DEN-----BWI-----1020a-----342p-------757
UA-------306------LAX-----BWI-----1003a-----604p-------319

The inclusive entry policy, entry fee and complimentary entry for personal & business American Express Platinum (c) and Centurion (c) members is the same for arrival customers as any other Airspace Lounge user.

We hope to see some red-eyed UA/CO flyers at the lounge soon...
Old May 31, 2011, 7:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by AirspaceOnFT

The Airspace Arrivals product includes:
  • An arrivals amenity kit (beginning early June 2011)
  • A to-go sandwich, salad or wrap. Customers may also linger in-lounge if they wish and if they’re not hungry, AM arrivals may elect to have a morning cocktail such as a mimosa, bloody mary or screwdriver instead of breakfast. Breakfast items include a hot bacon, egg and cheese biscuit or a hot sausage egg & cheese english muffin along with vegetarian and cold choices.
  • Use of Airspace’s in-lounge restrooms with extra-large stalls for changing clothes
  • Peet’s coffee & tea, orange juice, other juices and soft drinks all available to-go
Sounds nice!
Old May 31, 2011, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
We hope to see some red-eyed UA/CO flyers at the lounge soon...
You'd get a lot more UA/CO flyers if you strike a deal with UA and CO to accept RCC/PC memberships.

Not gonna pay $17.50 a pop when I already plopped down on an RCC membership.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 6:43 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
I'm here now, and though the place is a little spartan, it's
welcome. The management might consider including the
taxes/fees in the quoted price (quoted = 17.50, actual =
19 something; you might make it 20 all in and make a
little extra).

The coffee is crummy, but the general ambience is pleasant
and quiet.

God, I miss Phyllis and Susan and Kathy at the USAC.
And Myra and Mary Ann at the RCC.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold;DL GM
Visited on Arrival, Tuesday evening. Was impressed that admission with Amex Plat is complimentary. Yesterday visited before departing on CO. Nice touch in an environment where there was no lounge of any sort since RCC closed.

Where do I find the policy for guests of the Amex Plat Cardholder? Like how many we are allowed? Is there a charge for them? Are they given a complimentary alcoholic beverage and/or sandwich?
Old Jun 5, 2011, 7:04 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by violist
The coffee is crummy, but the general ambience is pleasant
and quiet.
I haven't visited yet but was hoping that the coffee report would be a bit better. Peet's is one of my favorites, which I haven't had since I moved back to the east coast.

FDW
Old Jun 5, 2011, 7:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Peet's is one of my favorites, which I haven't had since I moved back to the east coast.
You can order Peet's online.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 7:15 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by violist
And Myra and Mary Ann at the RCC.
I think you meant Mary Lou. Last I heard she was still working in baggage claim.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 6:48 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JeffS
You can order Peet's online.
True.. but I don't like Peet's that much... most of my online coffee orders are for Cafe Vivace or Hines Coffee...

if you're a coffee lover, check them out...

FDW
Old Jun 6, 2011, 1:59 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
if you're a coffee lover, check them out...
Thanks. Have you tried Intelligencia?
Old Jun 7, 2011, 2:28 am
Company Representative, AirSpace Lounges

Originally Posted by ljderm
Visited on Arrival, Tuesday evening. Was impressed that admission with Amex Plat is complimentary. Yesterday visited before departing on CO. Nice touch in an environment where there was no lounge of any sort since RCC closed.

Where do I find the policy for guests of the Amex Plat Cardholder? Like how many we are allowed? Is there a charge for them? Are they given a complimentary alcoholic beverage and/or sandwich?
Hi ljderm,

Amex Plat card holders can bring up to two guests or immediate family; all complimentary.

Each guest and/or family member receives all of the complimentary benefits that the card holder receives including complimentary alcoholic beverage (if of age) or food item and amenity kit for arrivals.

Best
AonFT
Old Jun 7, 2011, 7:14 am

Hi ljderm,

Amex Plat card holders can bring up to two guests or immediate family; all complimentary.

Each guest and/or family member receives all of the complimentary benefits that the card holder receives including complimentary alcoholic beverage (if of age) or food item and amenity kit for arrivals.

Best
AonFT
If a family member is under age, can a parent have 2 drinks?
Old Jun 7, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Superguy
You'd get a lot more UA/CO flyers if you strike a deal with UA and CO to accept RCC/PC memberships.

Not gonna pay $17.50 a pop when I already plopped down on an RCC membership.
Bingo - looks like this is becoming a contract lounge.

I think the concept is good for infrequent travelers who want lounge access. And with the Amex Plat card access - this makes it a contract lounge.

If the concept expands and opens at many other airports - it could compete with the airline lounges. Hence the Amer Plat card might be more useful for some than having a lounge membership (price about the same). Particularly since CO stopped its relationship with AmEx.

If UA/CO can't justify the cost of an United Club at BWI - then UA needs to strike up a deal with this lounge. If the demand becomes too big then that means that UA needs a lounge at BWI.

I could see this concept of a contract lounge expanding at other outpost airports.

CO used to have an arrangement with the old contract lounge "BWI Friendship Lounge". Problem was it was outside security - and after 9/11 - it shutdown.

UA really needs to consider making arrangement with this new AeroLounge. I suspect in the end - this lounge (if it expands) will become a generic contract lounge - which may allow for more lounge locations - where the airlines cannot justify - but then airlines need to strike up a contract with them.

The airline lounges already have day passes for infrequent travelers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.