Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

BWI Airspace Lounge (Former RCC Location in Concourse D)- CLOSING May 27 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BWI Airspace Lounge (Former RCC Location in Concourse D)- CLOSING May 27 2016

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2011, 8:38 am
Company Representative, AirSpace Lounges

Originally Posted by 6cf0uMBz
I've used the airspace lounge five times now with BWI as my home airport. I also have an RCC membership I renew every year, and quite frankly I don't give a damn they do not have any type of partnrship with United. This is a separate lounge and I'm happymto pay for it.

I can't begin to describe how horrible it has been the past two years sitting in either Shannons or the green turtle with the sports fanatic common travelers.

that is fine for those who travel infrequently, but I'm so glad to finally have a paid access lounge wher families with two or three screaming kids can't sit down without paying, honestly I would pay double what the airspace lounge charges.

Many thanks to the owners for finally returning a private paid lounge environment to BWI...I'm very grateful.
Thanks 60 for the many kind comments.

We'd like you and others to know that Airspace launched a new food menu yesterday in cooperation with Silver Diner. If you ever traveled out of BWI A/B on Southwest and have tried Silver Diner there, you'll know that they have fantastically fresh food...and now we'll be able to offer our guests that same fresh and local product.

Between our Silver Diner and Peet's offerings we're proud to say that we have the best food and coffee on Concourse D. We hope you agree and hope to see you back at Airspace Lounge soon.

New menu here
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:18 am

I had the pleasure of visiting this lounge a couple weeks ago and was quite impressed. Way better than any RCC or PC or UC that I have ever been to. I got in thanks to a colleague's Amex, but would gladly pay for it next time. Good food and very nice and attentive service (ie no nasty/miserable employees to make you feel bad about being there or asking for something). They even had dr pepper (while CO has gotten rid of even mr pibb). I hope to see more of these at other airports, if airspace were an option where I fly I would drop my membership and never set foot in another domestic airline run lounge.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 6:20 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Currently in the lounge by the window between the main entrance and the bar. Very nice lounge, quiet with only four of us here, and now it is time to try out the food I am going to order the Western Omelet Panini. Ordering food in an US-based lounge is still a foreign concept to me, but certainly welcomed!

I really do hope that UA/CO would strike an agreement with airspace for their United Club members and I am pretty sure it is much more cost effective this way than opening their own lounge, or a collaborative lounge with US. I'd even be perfectly content if there are no guesting privileges where only the member is admitted, but their guests have to pay.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: United 1MM 1K, KLM/AF Plat, BA Gold, Marriott Plat
What's amazing to me is that if you go to the United Lounge in HKG they have proper warm food. But when it comes to domestic lounges (which you have to pay a yearly membership for) they have no warm food (unless you count the toasters they bring out in the morning).

Let's not even talk about LH lounges or Singapore lounges that would just be a painful comparison.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:16 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EndlosLuft
What's amazing to me is that if you go to the United Lounge in HKG they have proper warm food. But when it comes to domestic lounges (which you have to pay a yearly membership for) they have no warm food (unless you count the toasters they bring out in the morning).

Let's not even talk about LH lounges or Singapore lounges that would just be a painful comparison.
On the same note though, I used the AF J Lounges in IAD and CDG recently and they had no hot food at all. I was very surprised to find an international airline's Business Class lounge be without hot food.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EndlosLuft

We've gone though this discussion on tens (if not hundreds) of posts. Different clientele, different priorities.
Old May 6, 2012, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Currently in the lounge by the window between the main entrance and the bar. Very nice lounge, quiet with only four of us here, and now it is time to try out the food I am going to order the Western Omelet Panini. Ordering food in an US-based lounge is still a foreign concept to me, but certainly welcomed!

I really do hope that UA/CO would strike an agreement with airspace for their United Club members and I am pretty sure it is much more cost effective this way than opening their own lounge, or a collaborative lounge with US. I'd even be perfectly content if there are no guesting privileges where only the member is admitted, but their guests have to pay.

Today is Airspace's first birthday

Our very first customer was a United Airlines customer and United customers are still the #1 airline base for Airspace among all the carriers at BWI.

So thank you all for your business. We look forward to our second year with you at BWI and beyond...
Old May 6, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CMK10
On the same note though, I used the AF J Lounges in IAD and CDG recently and they had no hot food at all. I was very surprised to find an international airline's Business Class lounge be without hot food.
There is no hot food at the AF J Lounge in JNB, either. And no champagne, something I would expect. It must be an AF thing.
Old May 6, 2012, 10:41 am

Happy birthday!

Originally Posted by AirspaceOnFT
Today is Airspace's first birthday

Our very first customer was a United Airlines customer and United customers are still the #1 airline base for Airspace among all the carriers at BWI.

So thank you all for your business. We look forward to our second year with you at BWI and beyond...
I am really enjoying airspace lounge at BWI. I fly in and out of D a lot and carry an AMEX Plat card, so it works out perfectly for me. Can't wait to see where you guys go next.

See you tomorrow
Old May 6, 2012, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by firegate
I am really enjoying airspace lounge at BWI. I fly in and out of D a lot and carry an AMEX Plat card, so it works out perfectly for me. Can't wait to see where you guys go next.

See you tomorrow
:-:^:-: firegate, thanks for the kind words and for your patronage.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:12 am

AirspaceOnFT do you allow entrance for the new-ish United Club Card? If not, do you plan to do so in the future? Seeing as the majority of your flyers are United Elites, and you are in the United concourse I hope this is on the roadmap.

Thanks,
Sam
Old Sep 24, 2012, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by sammywinwin
AirspaceOnFT do you allow entrance for the new-ish United Club Card? If not, do you plan to do so in the future? Seeing as the majority of your flyers are United Elites, and you are in the United concourse I hope this is on the roadmap.

Thanks,
Sam
Hi Sam,

Welcome to FT!

As you know, we do not currently have an agreement with an airline for access to Airspace Lounge BWI. Our access agreements are always subject to change, however, and if a change is made we'll make sure you hear about it.

Do not hesitate to mention to your airline of choice that you'd like better access to Airspace Lounge.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 6:05 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Gold, CC Gold, HH Gold, PC Platinum
Stopped by the other day on a Delta flight. It was nice to have an option of ANY kind of lounge to spend some time in. Was happy for the complimentary AmEx Plat entry. Didn't try the food, but had a drink before my flight.

Its a wee smallish and has fewer perks than some carrier lounges...but then its nicer than a collection of legacy lounges too.

I'll likely drop back a few times over the enxt several months.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
AirspaceOnFT, if our flight is not in Terminal D, is there a way for us to get to your lounge?

Thank you,
Eric
Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by eric99
AirspaceOnFT, if our flight is not in Terminal D, is there a way for us to get to your lounge?

Thank you,
Eric
Hi Eric,

Yes, you can access our BWI lounge from any concourse...but it's not particularly easy. You'd have to cross security twice.

Show your Concourse D same-day boarding pass to D security and let them know you're headed to Airspace Lounge in D and they'll be happy to let you through. When done at the lounge you'll have to head out of D and then to your airline's concourse and re-clear security there. There's no post-security bus services, etc.

Thanks and we hope to see you at Airspace soon.

AonFT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.