Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Changes coming to US-LHR (routes, aircraft, schedules, etc) [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes coming to US-LHR (routes, aircraft, schedules, etc) [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by StingWest
Interesting. I guess my own itinerary (also F award) was changed to accommodate schedules like yours, as previously I was on SFO-LAX-LHR in May and this morning have been moved to SFO-IAD-LHR! Not as desirable!
Well I certainly don't like DEN-LHR going away as it was the best option for an upgrade to C for west coast to Europe trips. But the change let me call United and persuade them to move our award onto a nonstop SFO-LHR even though there was no XF availability.

So, if I was you I would call immediately and ask if they can't move you to a non-stop. A 1-stop in LAX is a completely different journey than a 1-stop in IAD, even if you do end up in the same place at the same time! Or else you could at least argue that you need that original routing as you are meeting a friend who is doing LAX-LHR (perhaps).
Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: QR platinum
So unfortunate for us in DEN. It was a great option to go to smaller airports in Europe with a single airplane change without being stuck on LH Y for DEN-FRA.

I agree with the earlier comment on easy upgrades: I got an op-op two summers ago as a GM (that flight got me 2P)!
Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
What a shame. This flight was the best DEN-Europe flight. I was hoping it would be upgraded to a year-round flight with the merger; I guess not.

I still cannot understand how UA can let BA make a killing in DEN and do nothing in response.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 1:04 pm

Programs: HH Dia, WOH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plt
Sad. DEN is such a great airport; never understood why the economics of DEN-EUR and DEN-ASIA wouldn't work out better then they apparently do.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by char777
What a shame. This flight was the best DEN-Europe flight. I was hoping it would be upgraded to a year-round flight with the merger; I guess not.

I still cannot understand how UA can let BA make a killing in DEN and do nothing in response.
This. We can only hope LH returns MUC-DEN service and ANA comes through with the long rumored NRT-DEN once their 787s begin service. If not, I think UA and *A will lose a lot of loyalty from the DEN international travel crowd, myself included.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Rats! I was looking forward to a nonstop roundtrip DEN-LHR in the new-config 777. Nonstops were available when I checked last week, but now they're gone.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 3:11 pm

DEN LHR Non Stop

This service is seasonal in summer months, think it was in place May-Oct.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold; HH Diamond; Hyatt Plat
I just booked IAD-FRA-EDI and EDI-LHR-YUL-IAD award in C two days ago for Mrs. NT to accompany me on business trip in July. I have to fly thru LHR (paid fare), but no awards available thru LHR for her two days ago.

Today I check, of course, and see the 767 added with XF and XY space on my dates....
Old Jan 8, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA nobody, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by CASAFlyer
So unfortunate for us in DEN. It was a great option to go to smaller airports in Europe with a single airplane change without being stuck on LH Y for DEN-FRA.
Here here. I'm really disappointed to see this flight go away.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 5:18 pm

Programs: United MP 1p, PC Ambassador, GP Platinum
Maybe it'll come back when UA gets their first 787? The economics might work better with a more efficient airframe...
Old Jan 8, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, AAdvantage, Alaska, BAEC, Marriott, Hawaiian, Hilton HHonors
I am totally pissed off too. I booked PDX/DEN/LHR R/T last August and used miles to upgrade
to NC at the time of booking. Then knowing UA like I do, checked my reservation daily
and everything was rock solid until this morning. Then everything in RED...time changes, airport
changes, seat changes, plane type changes. I still have four and a half months to go until my
flight but I have a feeling this is just the beginning.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 7:07 pm

Programs: Delta, United, American, Hilton
LAX-LHR problem

Similar story. The March 30 LAX-LHR non-stop had departure/arrival moved to about five hours later a day or two ago. United decided to put me on a connecting flight through Dulles that departed about an hour later and arrived two hours later than the original non-stop flight. I called and got back on the non-stop but I lost my original seat assignment. Maybe they wanted me off so they could accommodate some of the Denver passengers.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 7:26 pm

Programs: My posts represent my personal opinions based on public information and not the official views of UA
Originally Posted by atanac
I am totally pissed off too. I booked PDX/DEN/LHR R/T last August and used miles to upgrade
to NC at the time of booking. Then knowing UA like I do, checked my reservation daily
and everything was rock solid until this morning. Then everything in RED...time changes, airport
changes, seat changes, plane type changes. I still have four and a half months to go until my
flight but I have a feeling this is just the beginning.
Sorry to hear you aren't happy, but what do you think UA could have done differently? Were you protected in NC? Were you given options to fly at times that were more desirable?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 2P
Not good news for DEN folks. Being from CO originally I was hoping there would be more service from DEN. That does not seem to be the case now.

Selfishly, now that there will be a 744 to LHR out of ORD getting SWU to clear for a 2P should be easier.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, AAdvantage, Alaska, BAEC, Marriott, Hawaiian, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by UpInTheSky
Sorry to hear you aren't happy, but what do you think UA could have done differently? Were you protected in NC? Were you given options to fly at times that were more desirable?
My seats in NC were reassigned but I had great forward facing seats on reconfigured 777 both ways originally.
I was only able to secured a rear facing on the 777 for departure but the return aircraft was changed
to a 767. Also got a rear facing on it too. I only have about 1 hour 15 min at Dulles to clear customs on
the return and try to catch my connecting flight. I had 2 hours when it was Denver. I am usually able
to schedule trips 6 - 8 months out and virtually without fail something always happens like this
with United. Almost never with American or Alaska. I feel like this isn't the last change I will see
and will not be surprised to find that I lose both of my NC seats next. It has happened....alot!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.