Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EQM/EQP reset to ZERO. Happy New Year!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA-1K w/2MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Titanium; IHG-Diamond; National-Exec. Elite
xyzzy is OnePass Platinum....that makes his star-alliance level Gold.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Steve GadFly
xyzzy is OnePass Platinum....that makes his star-alliance level Gold.
Woops! I thought it was weird that he was only Gold
Old Jan 2, 2011, 5:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
as i make the mad dash for pplat/1K in 2011, i have a quick question. for a OP account, will flights on UA metal be counted towards the revenue requirement? and i don't mean CO codeshares since a lot of my flights will be booked through egencia for work, so it will be a UA itin.

hah although i'm still confused in general on how CO will calculate revenue despite reading everything i could since i clicked on the "revenue" link and got this:

2011 Year to Date Revenue (Jan.1 - Dec.31): $527.00

and in the details, the following flight shows up:

12/30/2010 CO 0008 Tokyo, Japan (NRT - Narita) - New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) $527.00

but of course on my main account summary page it says this:

Year to Date Revenue: $0.00

haha discrepancy, much?
Old Jan 2, 2011, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by bob_the_d
as i make the mad dash for pplat/1K in 2011, i have a quick question. for a OP account, will flights on UA metal be counted towards the revenue requirement? and i don't mean CO codeshares since a lot of my flights will be booked through egencia for work, so it will be a UA itin.

hah although i'm still confused in general on how CO will calculate revenue despite reading everything i could since i clicked on the "revenue" link and got this:

2011 Year to Date Revenue (Jan.1 - Dec.31): $527.00

and in the details, the following flight shows up:

12/30/2010 CO 0008 Tokyo, Japan (NRT - Narita) - New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) $527.00

but of course on my main account summary page it says this:

Year to Date Revenue: $0.00

haha discrepancy, much?

I thought as part of the new changes both UA and CO revenue will count, but it will no longer be displayed on our accounts.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by nova08
I thought as part of the new changes both UA and CO revenue will count, but it will no longer be displayed on our accounts.
hah well i'm glad that's like that, wouldn't want to make counting our revenue easy now, would we.

also even for CO, does anyone know if fees and stuff count? like if i use RDM's to upgrade to BF, will the copay count? or is this just for fares only?
Old Jan 2, 2011, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Also - not clear what the Pres Plat threshold revenue will be for 2011. But it likely will be higher than $30K as PPlat and GS merge to GS. So unless you plan to buy J and F fares - revenue may not matter.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by giggy
Zero and that's where it will stay. Buh Bye tens of dollars bs. CO you had a $10,000 sure thing and lost it for a chance at a one time $139
Ditto. Except in my case, it was about $20k. I am still crediting Star partners to CO though and will redeem on Star partners.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by bob_the_d
hah well i'm glad that's like that, wouldn't want to make counting our revenue easy now, would we.

also even for CO, does anyone know if fees and stuff count? like if i use RDM's to upgrade to BF, will the copay count? or is this just for fares only?
I had heard it was just fares.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by AAExPlat
Ditto. Except in my case, it was about $20k. I am still crediting Star partners to CO though and will redeem on Star partners.
i had thought about moving, but after giving it some thought i had realized i don't know where i would go for my domestic flight needs.

US i'm not a fan of. AA... well quite frankly i haven't actually flown AA since the early 90's so i can't really say anymore, but i don't hear many good things in the NYC area. not to mention oneworld doesn't fly as frequently to where i want to go, but that's more of a personal issue. UA there's no point switching to with the merger and i've sworn off DL after almost two straight years of 9 hour delays, lost baggage and generally feeling like i was paying to be miserable. i have never felt pain like the security line at LGA's DL terminal.

i didn't like WN but i did enjoy FL, but my problem with LCC's is that i like to redeem miles for flights back to asia which i just can't do.

so... i always felt like i'm stuck with CO. to me it always seemed that it's the least problematic out of the big legacies. not to mention that i live by the lincoln tunnel which makes getting to EWR pretty easy by airport bus...

i dunno. i'm not a CO apologist or anything, but i'm just not sure what the big deal is. so smisek is trying to squeeze a few bucks out of us. but what can we do? it's where the industry as a whole seems to be going. i could ditch to another airline... but they're doing the same thing too. as far as domestic flying in the US, i think the industry as a whole has gone down the crapper, not any one particular airline. but i dunno, just my 2c.

just out of idle curiosity though, if you're going to jump from CO, where are you going for domestic flights? i'm guessing AA, but thought i'd ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.