Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on a United Express CRJ-200

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
  • This plane has two seats on each side of the cabin and a single aisle.
  • Carry-on space is very limited; most roll-aboard luggage will need to be gate-checked.
  • The aisle armrests of the non-window seats can be raised to allow for a little more room.
  • The exit row seats (Row 8), marketed as Preferred Seating, do not have any significant amount of additional pitch and there is no arm rest next to the window.
    • On a small number of aircraft the rows are number 1-12, 14 and exit row is row 8
  • Row 1 is marketed as Preferred Seating Economy Plus, however there is no significant amount of additional pitch. The bulkhead at this row means limited space to stretch your legs compared to other rows, and there is little overhead space available.
  • Row 2-5 are marketed as Preferred Seating blocked for elites, but are standard pitch -- no extra leg space
Aerolopa: https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-bombardier-cr2
Print Wikipost

Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on a United Express CRJ-200

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:17 pm

same

all row are the same except row one has not seats in front
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
If I have to ride on a CRJ, 3B or 3C are my preferred seats. Far enough back to get overhead space, but close to the front to get the heck off quickly. Daze
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TJR9999
I notice the 3rd row of the CRJ200 is usually open until the flight approaches full booking. Is there some reason this row appears to be undesirable?
Thanks
I think rows 2 and 3 are reserved for passengers with elite status, so they book up last.

Definitely recommend sitting as close to the front as possible so you can deplane quickly
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Is there some reason this row appears to be undesirable?
It's on a CRJ200?

One "nice" thing about that aircraft is all seats are equally horrid, so there's no point in angling for any specific one.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
It's on a CRJ200?

One "nice" thing about that aircraft is all seats are equally horrid, so there's no point in angling for any specific one.
Flew it twice so far and that my impression .
I have no status so maybe reserved as mentioned above
Thanks all ...
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:32 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by getagb

I think rows 2 and 3 are reserved for passengers with elite status, so they book up last.

Definitely recommend sitting as close to the front as possible so you can deplane quickly
Actually it's rows 1 and 2.

And Silvers can only select them within 24 hours of departure, i.e. at checkin for all intents and purposes.

Flew it twice so far and that my impression .
I have no status so maybe reserved as mentioned above
Thanks all ...
Well, people tend to try to be up front, so you are more likely to get an empty seat next to you in the back @:-)

No worries for me, YYJ-SFO has just over a month before being discontinued, so hopefully will never have to fly The Devil's Chariot again
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EmailKid
No worries for me, YYJ-SFO has just over a month before being discontinued, so hopefully will never have to fly The Devil's Chariot again
I flew my first ever leg on this awful plane YWG-DEN in late October and nabbed 2C or 3C, I forget. It was one of those ex-AA CR2s that they haven't bothered to re-upholster the interiors of. No wifi, no anything, except discomfort for 2+ hrs. It also seems to infect the YWG-ORD route, which is another reason I try to stick to DL when I need to go back to the homeland. Not only do I get real planes but I'd rather connect through MSP vs. ORD/DEN any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:13 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I flew my first ever leg on this awful plane YWG-DEN in late October and nabbed 2C or 3C, I forget. It was one of those ex-AA CR2s that they haven't bothered to re-upholster the interiors of. No wifi, no anything, except discomfort for 2+ hrs. It also seems to infect the YWG-ORD route, which is another reason I try to stick to DL when I need to go back to the homeland. Not only do I get real planes but I'd rather connect through MSP vs. ORD/DEN any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Nice of you to remember that line ^

Per UA fleet update thread, it's 50 + of these beasts they are adding to the fleet. Every time you think they are done adding UAinAUS (Australia, not Austin as most of us would think) posts another addition or two.

Just don't understand how or why they dropped YYJ-SFO with all these new to UA torture chambers With no MLL in YYJ guess I'll have to connect in YVR or YYC now, but wonder who they are inflicting additonal routes to @:-) Guess YWG is one of them .....
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by getagb

all seats are the just as bad, except far in the back is worse. Being right next to the engines makes it not only really uncomfortable, but also really loud.

I only know because I was on YYZ-EWR once on AC (we’ll, really multiple times, but this one time..), and our CR7 got swapped to a CR2 last minute. I got re-seated in row 12...not really sure how that happened. Not only that, to boot we were delayed 45 minutes or so because this was such a last minute swap, both FAs showed up ready to work, and they argued right in the gate area about who was going to work the flight. So the point is, the seats are alll equally bad, but the ones in the back are worse. Oh, and don’t get stuck on a flight that gets swapped to a CR2. It’s horrible.
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Seat 1c blocked

It seems every flight on these things has seat 1c blocked off so it cant be selected. That only leaves three "E+" available and two are against the fuselage. Anyone know why?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by applegrcoug
It seems every flight on these things has seat 1c blocked off so it cant be selected. That only leaves three "E+" available and two are against the fuselage. Anyone know why?
It's likely for lap infants. It can be selected at check in if not assigned.

Anyway, just choose another seat. Row 1 is only blue by dint of the bulkhead. There's not actually any E+, and they're all equally unpleasant.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Last year, United introduced Preferred seats on their planes for their customers working for a company that has a contract with them. On the CR2, the preferred seats were in Rows 2 to 5. Last Wednesday, my wife purchased a ticket that included a CR2 and chose a seat in the Exit row (Row 8). Today, the government purchased a ticket for me on the same flight and Row 8 now shows as Preferred seats.

So, 20 seats out of 50 are Preferred seats. It's kind of ridiculous......
atword likes this.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Jun 3, 2019 at 7:42 pm
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
SFO-YYC is apparently on a CRJ200 now. What a mess.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by xfisgsm
SFO-YYC is apparently on a CRJ200 now. What a mess.
I would consider that a pain but can you tell us what flight and day. At this point, I only see A320, ERJ 175 and CRJ 900.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
It appears to switch from an ERJ-175 to a CRJ-200 sometime in January on UA5758 (6PM departure). Noticed it when I checked my flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.