Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on a United Express CRJ-200

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
  • This plane has two seats on each side of the cabin and a single aisle.
  • Carry-on space is very limited; most roll-aboard luggage will need to be gate-checked.
  • The aisle armrests of the non-window seats can be raised to allow for a little more room.
  • The exit row seats (Row 8), marketed as Preferred Seating, do not have any significant amount of additional pitch and there is no arm rest next to the window.
    • On a small number of aircraft the rows are number 1-12, 14 and exit row is row 8
  • Row 1 is marketed as Preferred Seating Economy Plus, however there is no significant amount of additional pitch. The bulkhead at this row means limited space to stretch your legs compared to other rows, and there is little overhead space available.
  • Row 2-5 are marketed as Preferred Seating blocked for elites, but are standard pitch -- no extra leg space
Aerolopa: https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-bombardier-cr2
Print Wikipost

Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on a United Express CRJ-200

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2011, 6:33 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
After my most recent CRJ experience on DEN-GJT, even on such a short flight, I've decided that row 2 is the best--8 really doesn't have enough extra legroom to justify the wait for everyone ahead to deplane.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 7:32 pm

Size of rollerboard

I see that flight crew's rollerboard can always be fit into the tiny overhead bin with some maneuvers on this RJ. Do you happen to what dimensions of that rollerboard might be?

Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 7:10 am

rollerboards fit (it's the dirty secret of the 200!) - BUT - some regional airlines don't allow any bags with wheels on the plane. If your regional airline does~

Just make sure the wheels on your rollerboard don't jut out (like the Swiss Pilot Bag I purchased in Target ) - and don't overpack your bag.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 10:43 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Had to have a good laugh at this thread because it's the only laugh I'm going to get when I board this plane. Was initially meant to be on an ER4 but now it's been changed to a CR2 for a 1.5hour flight.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by doctorjosh
Had to have a good laugh at this thread because it's the only laugh I'm going to get when I board this plane. Was initially meant to be on an ER4 but now it's been changed to a CR2 for a 1.5hour flight.
Wish me luck on an upcoming MR with 2 TCONs and 5 CR2 segments.

The second CR2 is filling up quickly though. With luck I won't need to fly all these segments.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Wish me luck on an upcoming MR with 2 TCONs and 5 CR2 segments.

The second CR2 is filling up quickly though. With luck I won't need to fly all these segments.
Good luck! I hate the planes where you can't even stand up straight, especially when the seating is 2x2. The only plane I've ever been on like that is a turboprop and the seating was 1x1. I can't even begin to imagine 2-3 hours on these CR2s!
Old Feb 7, 2011, 5:50 am

Programs: Whatever gets me there faster.
Originally Posted by doctorjosh
Good luck! I hate the planes where you can't even stand up straight, especially when the seating is 2x2.
Ah, but that's the joy of having seats. You get to sit down, instead of having to stand the entire time.

Although, Easyjet is going to throw that for a loop when they put in the new stand-up seating.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 6:46 am

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
Mrs. Emanon and I were looking to go someplace warm and found on the days and times we could go, ORD-MIA and/or DEN-SJC were both on this little piece of junk uncomfortable plane! I refuse to go on vacation on a CRJ-200, and we are yet again forking over money to another carrier.

Seriously! Both of these flights are 3+ hours and the last time we went on either route, they were on A320's. They did have a few times on CR7s at least, but not a time that worked for us.

What the heck is going on that A319/320 routes are being replaced with Regional Jets? I feel like every where I go used to be mainline, and now its regional jets. Is this a sign of whats to come with SMI/J at the helm?
Old Feb 7, 2011, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by DXjr
Ah, but that's the joy of having seats. You get to sit down, instead of having to stand the entire time.

Although, Easyjet is going to throw that for a loop when they put in the new stand-up seating.
Er...thank you for that...
Oh and it's Ryanair that's seriously considering the stand-up seats. *shudder*
Old Feb 7, 2011, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by emanon256
What the heck is going on that A319/320 routes are being replaced with Regional Jets? I feel like every where I go used to be mainline, and now its regional jets. Is this a sign of whats to come with SMI/J at the helm?
This has been happening for several years now but it does seem to be getting much worse since the 737 retirements.

A recent trend I have noticed on routes with both UX and mainline, they seem to be substituting more and more mainlines with CRJs at the peak travel time of the day...3pm-6pm.

Forces me to either cut my day onsite short or stay longer in order to avoid these detestable machines!
Old Feb 7, 2011, 5:22 pm

UA should seriously consider the Embraer 170 to replace these awful planes. The new Embraer 170s and 190s are so nice to fly in! ^
Old Apr 8, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Platinum, Home - General Member
Just got rebooked on a CR2 for STL-ORD due to delayed aircraft. Walking up to GA now to request a gate check tag which I intend to put around my neck. Should be better down there but perhaps a bit nippy.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Silver, and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FromPVG
I see that flight crew's rollerboard can always be fit into the tiny overhead bin with some maneuvers on this RJ. Do you happen to what dimensions of that rollerboard might be?

Thanks.

A lot of the pilots use LuggageWorks(Purdy Neat) Stealth series bags. I know that the 22" version fits in the bins sideways. The dimensions are 22x14x8.

You can find them in a lot of luggage websites here is one where I looked at buying it from:

http://www.flybystore.com/LuggageWor...2-NG_p_76.html
Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
I've got two segments on a CR2 next week. Fortunately it's back and forth between LAX and SAN. I'll gladly take the 1,000 EQMs and 1,250 RDMs for that little jump. I'm sitting in 6B each way. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by LRMErnst
I've got two segments on a CR2 next week. Fortunately it's back and forth between LAX and SAN. I'll gladly take the 1,000 EQMs and 1,250 RDMs for that little jump. I'm sitting in 6B each way. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!
When you get to the airport, ask to be put into the exit row. While it does not have a lot of extra room, row 8 is much better than most of the rows on the CRJ..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.