Thanksgiving Travel

Old Nov 17, 10, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/ DL Plat HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Thanksgiving Travel

Well, with the recent devaluation of our benefits as 1K's I decided to lighten up the mood here on the FT board and see what everyone is doing for Thanksgiving. I saw air travel will be up 3.5% YOY, so who's flying?

When are you flying?

Where are you flying?

Upgrades clear?

Favorite Thanksgiving dish?

ENJOY and although I do not like what UA is doing to me as a 1K with the benefits I have - I am thankful for them getting me on the ground 106 times this year. ^
Old Nov 17, 10, 4:12 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by ORDUnitedMetal View Post
Well, with the recent devaluation of our benefits as 1K's I decided to lighten up the mood here on the FT board and see what everyone is doing for Thanksgiving. I saw air travel will be up 3.5% YOY, so who's flying?

When are you flying?

Where are you flying?

Upgrades clear?

ENJOY and although I do not like what UA is doing to me as a 1K with the benefits I have - I am thankful for them getting me on the ground 106 times this year. ^
I am flying on Turkey day this year, HNL-ORD....in F...then onto SIN from there....

Favorite Thanksgiving dinner is Turkey, stuffing, mash potatoes, cranberry sauce, biscuits, pumpkin and apple pie....with some good wine!!!

Last edited by goingbananas; Nov 17, 10 at 4:27 pm
Old Nov 17, 10, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PHL-ORD-SNA next Tuesday
BUR-SFO-PHL next Saturday.

No upgrade clearance yet and SFO-PHL is zeroed out.
Old Nov 17, 10, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Leaving 11/25 in the AM...returning 11/26 in the PM

ABE-CLT-GSO-CLT-ABE

It's on US

Flying down to eat thanksgiving with my aunt/uncle/cousins. Uncle is chef/owner of a resturaunt and brings deserts he made...that's my favorite part
Old Nov 17, 10, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold :( 1MM
Flying DFW-DEN -SFO on Wednesday - hoping for UDUs

SFO-IAD-ZRH on Thursday - upgraded to c!

ZRH-IAD-SFO on Sunday - not upgraded yet, but partner is on domestic leg.

SFO-DFW on the next Tuesday - Upgraded suing a CR-1

This will get me past 1K finally for another year
Old Nov 17, 10, 4:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA PremEx-MM
DEN-LAX-SBA on Wed., 11/24
SBA-LAX-DEN on Sat. 11/27

Upgrades look OK - 757s DEN-LAX-DEN and I've got Row 9 on the Embraer 120s to and from SBA, which is like an upgrade.

I like traditional turkey, etc., with a nice Pinot Noir and some pecan pie for dessert.
Old Nov 17, 10, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Well, it's not Thanksgiving travel, as we always have to be in Europe over the turkey day festivities. We leave this Friday, ORD-AMS, no upgrades expected. Fare is too low to apply. Plane looks pretty full anyway!

Returning the second week of December, then home one week, and then ORD to BKK for a holiday vacation! Flying in FC on a saver award ticket! Hoping my husband gets upgraded to BC on a paid fare, SWU eligible.

Favorite T'giving dishes: turkey with dressing, mashed potatoes/gravy, and pumpkin pie w/whipped cream! I'll have to miss it though... darn! Will actually be in Germany on turkey day.
Old Nov 17, 10, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA*G life-qualifier
LGA-IAD-FRA-GVA on the 24th

GVA-IAD on the 28th

IAD to JFK on Jetblue on the 28th, booked too late and UA was full

going with 4 friends to ski for 2 days! flying coach, not enough SWU's to upgrade my buds.

favorite Thanksgiving dish, cheese fondue!
Old Nov 17, 10, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, Amtrak & OAL peon, Blingy metal at most hotels, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
For both Thanksgiving and Christmas I'll be relaxing on Amtrak between SF and LA. My last UA trip this year (knock on wood), and the only one of the holiday season, will be to see family in CMH (SFO-IAD-CMH-IAD-LAX-SFO), out on 12/3 and back on 12/6. Very glad to be avoiding the peak travel days this year with the nude-o-scope fiasco.
Old Nov 17, 10, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM
SFO-HKG-SIN-HKG-SFO mileage run to ensure I hit MM status before the end of the year - before CO castrates the program any further. Pax aren't flying this route over the holidays - upgrades W-NC were easy to clear in advance.

Last edited by Lightman7; Nov 17, 10 at 7:01 pm
Old Nov 17, 10, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 2P
SFO-ORD-DCA 11/21
DCA-DEN-SFO 11/28

Upgrades haven't cleared yet, but my window isn't open. Looks like they'll clear SFO-ORD.

Favorite thanksgiving dish? Pie, preferably apple or pumpkin!
Old Nov 17, 10, 5:04 pm

Programs: ex-elite, now just pay C/J myself to avoid the hassle of keeping status.
like last year, thanksgiving is my time of the year to do year end mileage run. round trip sfo-icn is only $717 so i am flying to korea for 2 nights this year.
Old Nov 17, 10, 5:09 pm

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
  • Tomorrow on UA to IAD to see family for early X-Giving. U fare, wait-list, shows F2
  • Sunday on UA back home. Booked 1-way award in XC old 777
  • Wed before X-Giving on WN to Vegas. First time on WN, very scared, but $86 after tax. Getting there early for national Opt Out day
  • Saturday after on UA back home. Booked 1-way award in XF.
  • Sunday after, back to work on a U fair, in E+. KVS already shows F0

Stuffed Kishka, or traditional stuffing.

Thanks for the fun thread! ^^
Old Nov 17, 10, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, Amex, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Looking forward to next week!

11/22 (Monday)

MCI-ORD-RDU (ALL MAINLINE!)

11/28 (Sunday) RDU-ORD-MCI

I'm still waiting for the u/g's, as we have not yet entered the 100 hour window..
Old Nov 17, 10, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Weekend to weekend JFK-HKG (via ICN on OZ), with a side trip to BKK. No UA UG roulette for me!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: