Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated NRT connection time / logistics

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2016, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated NRT connection time / logistics

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2023, 12:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
Originally Posted by meducate
I did a search but didn't see any info posted about this. When I landed at an unusually quiet NRT this afternoon, connecting passengers were led directly into the gate area rather then having to go through the connections tunnel and security screening. This is the first time that this has happened to me when connecting here.
Is this still the case, no security when landing at NRT from the US?

I have an upcoming: IAH-NRT-HKG, so I will just deplane and head to my connecting gate, just like a US Domestic flight?
Old Jan 30, 2023, 2:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jonisflying

I have an upcoming: IAH-NRT-HKG, so I will just deplane and head to my connecting gate, just like a US Domestic flight?
Coming from the USA, there *should* be no transfer security, although the Japanese officials can randomly select any inbound aircraft for screening or someone can make a mistake when setting up the doors, so I call it 98% certain.
jonisflying likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 3:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Coming from the USA, there *should* be no transfer security, although the Japanese officials can randomly select any inbound aircraft for screening or someone can make a mistake when setting up the doors, so I call it 98% certain.
Got it! Thank you! Now my 2 hours and 55 minutes will be filled with even more time to enjoy the ramen at the ANA lounge!
Old Jan 30, 2023, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by jonisflying

There was none this week
SPN Lifer and jonisflying like this.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 5:35 pm

Here's the follow up. We switched to connect thru lax instead, but could have made the original connection. Thai airways had all international connections deplane first and we were thru security in minutes. However, the extra time was nice to get ramen from the ana lounge.

Originally Posted by Asuskibum
Any recent nrt Transit data points? I've got 55 minutes for tg676 to ua838.

Same ticket, J, the two of us should be carry on only... Still find a 45mct allowance a little aggressive...
Old Apr 21, 2023, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 2MM + 1k, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
any recent experiences transferring from ANA to UA at Narita ?

Hi, looking at this routing: KUL-NRT (ANA flight) , followed by NRT-SFO (UA flight) with 90 minutes between flights. How sporty of a connection is that? If it matters, this is single ticket purchased through United.

Many thanks!

Last edited by SFO_71; Apr 22, 2023 at 5:33 am
Old Apr 21, 2023, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by SFO_71
Hi, looking at this routing: KUL-NRT (ANA flight) , followed by NRT-SFO (UA flight) with 90 minutes between flights. How sporty of a connection is that? Many thanks!
That's the normal bread&butter NRT connection /afternoon bank for UA/NH

(NH south Asia mornkng to NRT landing 2-3pm , then 5pm UA NRT to CONUSA).

You do have to go through transit security, but should make it out without issues.

Only downside is, if the Asia leg gets delayed, most of the 5pm UA NRT-CONUS flights are gone. You have backup flights at 9pm and 1am from HND-CONUS. This is rare though.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by paperwastage
That's the normal bread&butter NRT connection /afternoon bank for UA/NH

(NH south Asia mornkng to NRT landing 2-3pm , then 5pm UA NRT to CONUSA).

You do have to go through transit security, but should make it out without issues.

Only downside is, if the Asia leg gets delayed, most of the 5pm UA NRT-CONUS flights are gone. You have backup flights at 9pm and 1am from HND-CONUS. This is rare though.
Might even be generous amount of time! When UA was flying NRT-AsiaXX and vv I think some of their connections used MCT of 60 or so.

Unless you're at the back of the inbound or it's delayed, I would expect you might even have time in the UA lounge (if eligible) or grab some sushi/beer in the terminal.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Hi, looking at this routing: KUL-NRT (ANA flight) , followed by NRT-SFO (UA flight) with 90 minutes between flights. How sporty of a connection is that?

Many thanks!
You'll be right as long as inbound relatively on time
Old Apr 21, 2023, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Hi, looking at this routing: KUL-NRT (ANA flight) , followed by NRT-SFO (UA flight) with 90 minutes between flights. How sporty of a connection is that?

Many thanks!
I trust this is all on one ticket. I agree with the comment that this is the normal bread&butter connection at NRT, which are handled very efficiently. 😊
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 11, 2023, 7:14 pm

NRT International Connection Question

I have a question about an INTL to INTL connection at NRT Terminal 1 (South Wing) coming up...

Flying BKK-NRT-DEN in Premium Economy on the same ticket; booked through United but the first leg is ANA. The ANA app just shows the first flight, but the United app shows both. I was told that ANA will be able to see my full itinerary when they check me in at BKK, and they can thru-check my bag. Will they be able to print my NRT-DEN boarding pass in BKK? Or will I have to get it at the NRT transfer desk?

Also, how is transfer security around 3:30 pm? I have a 75-minute connection, but it seemed safe due to sitting near the exit and the BKK-NRT flight's good on-time performance; will likely arrive in the 50s gates, and depart from the 30s gates. I've been to NRT before but only as an O&D pax. Thanks for the help!
Old May 11, 2023, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Yes provided you meet all entry requirements to the US, the agents at BKK can check you in all the way through and issue all boarding passes.

Transit security should be fine, probably less than 10min to re-clear. 75 minute connection is enough time to transit at NRT.
SPN Lifer and drewguy like this.
Old May 11, 2023, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by hirohito888
Yes provided you meet all entry requirements to the US, the agents at BKK can check you in all the way through and issue all boarding passes.

Transit security should be fine, probably less than 10min to re-clear. 75 minute connection is enough time to transit at NRT.
Thanks!
Old May 11, 2023, 7:31 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
As far as bags there won't be any issues with ANA sending them all the way through to DEN. They have a JV and ANA checks virtually all bags through even on separate tickets.
You should be able to see your itinerary on the ANA app with their PNR. If it isn't in your UA reservation then use the ANA website and search by your ticket number there. The ANA PNR will be the one that shows up on that website
Old May 11, 2023, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by ttuna3
As far as bags there won't be any issues with ANA sending them all the way through to DEN. They have a JV and ANA checks virtually all bags through even on separate tickets.
You should be able to see your itinerary on the ANA app with their PNR. If it isn't in your UA reservation then use the ANA website and search by your ticket number there. The ANA PNR will be the one that shows up on that website
I pulled it up on the ANA website with the ANA PNR I got from UA, but the ANA PNR only shows the first leg on their metal for some reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.