Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The Latest Liquor License Victim - HNL RCC

Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Most

Wonder what's up with these RCC's becoming "dry" lately? The following sign is posted at the HNL RCC.

For adult beverages one can always go to CO PC but they stop serving at 8PM.

Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:51 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Wow usually they don't pull lic for first offense so there could have been others before, if they are being reviewed. I will say be prepared to be carded upon entry to RCC soon.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Doesn't say anything about a violation. Maybe just expired and someone forgot to renew in time?
Don't know for sure about Hawaii, but most liquor agencies post the revocation notice at the door....
Hmmmm....
Old Jul 5, 2010, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
Hopefully when this is over it wont affect the free booze
Old Jul 22, 2010, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
update on HNL RCC

I was just in the HNL RCC this week.
They now have self-serve beer and wine, but no liquor.

Beer and wine are on the bar-top with a note about due to liquor license being processed, they are unable to personally serve alcoholic beverages, but feel free to help yourself to the beer and wine provided (obviously not an exact quote...i helped myself to enough beer to effectively blur the exact text

About 5 choices of bottled beer in a container of ice on the bar. Bud/ Bud Light / Corona / Heineken....one other I can't recall. I am not much of a wine person, there was a white on ice and a red on the counter.

They did dispense soft drinks when requested...and juice dispenser was available by the snacks in the afternoon.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 4:32 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by goodeats21

Beer and wine are on the bar-top with a note about due to liquor license being processed, they are unable to personally serve alcoholic beverages, but feel free to help yourself to the beer and wine provided (obviously not an exact quote...i helped myself to enough beer to effectively blur the exact text

About 5 choices of bottled beer in a container of ice on the bar. Bud/ Bud Light / Corona / Heineken....one other I can't recall. I am not much of a wine person, there was a white on ice and a red on the counter.

They did dispense soft drinks when requested...and juice dispenser was available by the snacks in the afternoon.
Doesn't say anything about a violation. Maybe just expired and someone forgot to renew in time?
Don't know for sure about Hawaii, but most liquor agencies post the revocation notice at the door....
Hmmmm....
looks like you might be right based on goodeats21's post above
Old Jul 22, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold

Too bad they don't have a Hawaiian beer like a Kona Firerock which is delicious
Old Jul 22, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond

Last thurs night they had the same options, though the bartender opened my bottle of beer and poured Mrs. Ripper's wine. This setup is pretty strange. But I appreciate that they are apparently doing as much as they are allowed to do to provide guests with free booze at this domestic club!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Cattle Class
Originally Posted by ryan182
Too bad they don't have a Hawaiian beer like a Kona Firerock which is delicious
any free beer is delicious!!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Mai Tai-lovers let out a collective sigh . . . listen, it's like the tide rolling out!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:33 pm

I'll take free over mai-tai...
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by kainalu
I'll take free over mai-tai...
But the mai-tais at HNL RCC *were* free!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:54 pm

Outrageous...I've only been to the DL SC in HNL and there was NO Booze at the time...Disappointing...
Old Jul 23, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1P, Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles
Arrow

Dumb question here as it's been a long time since I was in a Red Carpet Club, are drinks now free in the all the clubs or just at HNL?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by boomerang-boy
Dumb question here as it's been a long time since I was in a Red Carpet Club, are drinks now free in the all the clubs or just at HNL?
It's free at all international RCC's and apparently at HNL. But not at any other domestic RCC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.