Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
All UA A319s have have been converted to 12F configuration

FIRST CLASS CABIN
All A319s have the 'new' UA first class seat. There are 12 first class seats on the A319. Stated pitch is 37" and the width is 21”. The seat recline on the A319 is quite generous, with the caveat that if the person in front of you is fully reclined, it is difficult to get out of the aisle seat and exiting the window seat will require the aisle seat to step into the aisle.

ECONOMY PLUS Section – ROWS 7-21
Row 7 is the best row. Like on the A320, Row 7 has plenty of room plus the bulkhead does not extend all the way down to the floor, allowing you to store bags and your feet under Row 2.

21BC and 21DE do have an extra inch or two of legroom to allow folks to get to the Window Exit, but it is not nearly as generous as Row 20 and Row 21 on the A320.

Rows 8-12 have 35" of legroom and 18" width.

ECONOMY CLASS Section – ROWS 22-35
Pitch is very tight at (30"), but at least the seats are wider then the 757.

IN FLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT
Wifi: Ku band wifi is installed on all A319s. Ku band wifi is the international wifi which enables internet access for the rare A319 trip outside of the lower 48.
Entertainment: Personal device entertainment is installed on all A319s. Make sure you have the latest United app loaded on your phone/tablet.
In-Seat Power: Installed in F and E+.

Other
There is a galley and lav at the front of the plane for First-class cabin.
There is a galley and two lavs at the rear of the plane for the economy cabin.

Related thread: Consolidated Where to Sit on a United Plane Threads
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2010, 9:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Cris
I need some professional traveler advise. Should I book 1A or 2D? 1B is also available but I really prefer windows and I am only 5'10 so the few extra inches of legroom doesn't matter all that much.

Thanks
Most 319's have a foot cutout so 1A has a bit more leg-space then you might expect.
Which is most important to you leg-space (2D then) or no one reclining into you and easy to get out past the aisle seat (then 1A). Your choice

I tend to choose 1B for laptop usage and aisle access.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:35 am

Type of Aircraft -- PHL direct to SFO

Guys, I am flying from PHL to SFO direct during the labor day weekend. I wanna double check the SeatGuru to figure whether I wanna go for the Premier Travel options. I looked up the website but I didn't see any information regarding what aircraft I am getting on. It's United 0447, which is the best info I can get. Is that Boeing or Airbus? I tried one from PHL to LAX direct before with the Premier Travel. Seems like it's 3-cabin aircraft, right? Any info will be really appreciated!
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:40 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5 Star
A319. click on "flight details"
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:40 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
Guys, I am flying from PHL to SFO direct during the labor day weekend. I wanna double check the SeatGuru to figure whether I wanna go for the Premier Travel options. I looked up the website but I didn't see any information regarding what aircraft I am getting on. It's United 0447, which is the best info I can get. Is that Boeing or Airbus? I tried one from PHL to LAX direct before with the Premier Travel. Seems like it's 3-cabin aircraft, right? Any info will be really appreciated!
Looks like it's an A320; but it's really a 2-cabin aircraft (F and Y), but it does have Economy plus, so it's sort of 3-cabin. Row 6 is excellent if you can get it; lots of legroom.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:42 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
UA would only operate a three-cabin aircraft between PHL and SFO in the most exceptional of circumstances.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:43 am

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Platinum
On labor day weekend friday is an A319, saturday is a A320, sunday is a 757, and monday is back to the A319. The 757 is rare though, usually a A319 or A320. Definately not a 3-cabin plane though.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by AFJon
A319. click on "flight details"
Yup, A319 indeed. I really hate last time when I probably went for the same one or A320, got the Premier Travel and the damn FA changed my seat because there's one kid who needed assistance. I chose 6D at the beginning, but was changed to 11E and that damn FA guy thought it's better seating!! I do believe row 6 is way better than row 11 even though it's on the Exit row.

Originally Posted by Kurt
Looks like it's an A320; but it's really a 2-cabin aircraft (F and Y), but it does have Economy plus, so it's sort of 3-cabin. Row 6 is excellent if you can get it; lots of legroom.
Btw now, thanks a lot for all the info. There are two available, B and F, damn C and D are long gone, which one do you think is better? Does the row 6 have a huge legroom such that you don't even need to ask the others to stand up and make my way out?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 25, 2010 at 11:02 am Reason: multi-quote
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:05 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Now that the specific aircraft type has been identified, I'll move this into the existing "Where to Sit" thread.

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United Mileage Plus Forum
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
Yup, A319 indeed. I really hate last time when I probably went for the same one or A320, got the Premier Travel and the damn FA changed my seat because there's one kid who needed assistance. I chose 6D at the beginning, but was changed to 11E and that damn FA guy thought it's better seating!! I do believe row 6 is way better than row 11 even though it's on the Exit row.

Btw now, thanks a lot for all the info. There are two available, B and F, damn C and D are long gone, which one do you think is better? Does the row 6 have a huge legroom such that you don't even need to ask the others to stand up and make my way out?
F over B any day. Also watch at 120 (100, 72, 48) hours as the UDU upgrade window(s) open; 6C/D may open up and you might get the aisle seat.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by AFJon
F over B any day. Also watch at 120 (100, 72, 48) hours as the UDU upgrade window(s) open; 6C/D may open up and you might get the aisle seat.
Thanks a lot for the reminder. I will definitely go for it!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:26 am

Anyone know which seat in First class has the most underseat storage? I have a bag that fits fine under the seat in coach and on larger aircraft in first, but recall having trouble in F on smaller aircraft. Would prefer to keep under the seat and not in overhead. So, aisle or window?

Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:40 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by slariz
Anyone know which seat in First class has the most underseat storage? I have a bag that fits fine under the seat in coach and on larger aircraft in first, but recall having trouble in F on smaller aircraft. Would prefer to keep under the seat and not in overhead. So, aisle or window?

Thanks!
Well you don't have a lot of options considering the size of the first class cabin, but I'd say 2A and 2D (window seats) are your best bets for under seat storage.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Premier Executive, Hertz 5*
Sleeping in Economy Plus window seats

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a flight on thursday ridiculously early in the morning, and I need to be well rested when I get there. It's an A319. I'd really like to be able to sleep the whole flight from philly to san francisco. Right now I have a choice between pretty much any seat in economy plus. I'm mainly looking at Row 6 window (that's the bulkhead seat at the front of economy plus) and row 9 window (completely normal E+ seat with normal recline). FYI I'm a skinny tall-ish guy (6'1", 160 lbs).

As far as I see it:

Row 6 Pros:
-Will have basically unrestricted legroom (in the other seat I would need to have my briefcase under the seat, plus there's more legroom here anyway)
-Can get out of the window seat with probably not waking anyone up since there's so much room in front

Row 9 Pros:
-Can flip the armrest up so it won't be in my way.

I like to sleep in a window seat leaning against the wall with a balled up sweatshirt/pillow against the wall. My main question is how much the immoveable armrest will affect me when I'm trying to do that compared to a normal armrest. If it won't affect me much, I'm definitely going for row 6. If it is a big deal and I won't be able to lean against the wall without an armrest jabbing into my ribs, then row 9.

Thanks for any input!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I did the same flight last week. I was in the exit row, window. The seat had an immovable armrest also. If I were you, I'd just pick one of the normal E+ seats. That way if you get an empty middle (as I did), you can take advantage of it.

Btw, as a CO elite, loving that E+
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:09 am

I'm not a tall or wide guy and I sometimes can be uncoordinated, but I have no problem getting out of window seat in row 6 of the 319/320's without distrubing the other passengers (assuming no one has their tray table out).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.