Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
All UA A319s have have been converted to 12F configuration

FIRST CLASS CABIN
All A319s have the 'new' UA first class seat. There are 12 first class seats on the A319. Stated pitch is 37" and the width is 21”. The seat recline on the A319 is quite generous, with the caveat that if the person in front of you is fully reclined, it is difficult to get out of the aisle seat and exiting the window seat will require the aisle seat to step into the aisle.

ECONOMY PLUS Section – ROWS 7-21
Row 7 is the best row. Like on the A320, Row 7 has plenty of room plus the bulkhead does not extend all the way down to the floor, allowing you to store bags and your feet under Row 2.

21BC and 21DE do have an extra inch or two of legroom to allow folks to get to the Window Exit, but it is not nearly as generous as Row 20 and Row 21 on the A320.

Rows 8-12 have 35" of legroom and 18" width.

ECONOMY CLASS Section – ROWS 22-35
Pitch is very tight at (30"), but at least the seats are wider then the 757.

IN FLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT
Wifi: Ku band wifi is installed on all A319s. Ku band wifi is the international wifi which enables internet access for the rare A319 trip outside of the lower 48.
Entertainment: Personal device entertainment is installed on all A319s. Make sure you have the latest United app loaded on your phone/tablet.
In-Seat Power: Installed in F and E+.

Other
There is a galley and lav at the front of the plane for First-class cabin.
There is a galley and two lavs at the rear of the plane for the economy cabin.

Related thread: Consolidated Where to Sit on a United Plane Threads
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2009, 7:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Don't believe that no luggage under the seat in front of the exit row is a united rule. It is on many other airlines, and I think it is a reasonable one. (Not commending the FA for making stuff up though)
Old Oct 11, 2009, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I still vote for Seatguru

although seatguru is not the last word, it gives you written documentation that storage of 12F is behind 10F. It's not just your word versus the FA's (especially if the FA has no idea). At least you've got soemthing in your hand to show them.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL Gold
I have been directed by an FA to store my laptop under 10F while seated in 12F. I had been trying to use the space under 11E (12E was vacant) but she wanted to store a carryon from some pax in the back of the plane there...
Old Oct 11, 2009, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA Stew
You are allowed to stow your bags there. This question was asked in recurrent training in May of 2009. Our instructor said they had no idea how this rumor of no stowage started, but that there was no truth to it. Maybe someday it will change, but until then, stow it properly but stow away. Now if the cabin crew wants to argue with you, please don't say, "lsutgr from flyertalk told me I could and you're WRONG." I know you're smart enough not to do that, I just added that last sentence to cover my own behind. Unitedfa is correct though, I can't find anything in my manual either. I'll keep looking.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Platium, SPG
IIRC, LH doesn't allow luggage under ANY seat in the exit row.

There is a difference between the luggage in 10F with no 11F, you can't kick it back under the seat when it slips.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by Forgetfu
The purser informed me (and the person in 12A) that we couldn't stow our bags there. She stated that "because there is no bar on that seat, they couldn't have luggage there". I'm not exactly sure what bar she ment....
Under 10A and 10F there should be a L-shaped bar on the floor that that will prevent items stored under 10A and 10F from sliding back towards 12A and 12F (respectively) during take off.

This keeps stuff from sliding back and blocking the exit.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 5:24 pm

Programs: Newly minted AA EXP Plat., disatisfied UA 1K, Marriott Silver & Hilton Gold
I love how they make up these rules as they go along. I highly doubt that is the rule and if it is, then I would say United is potentially in violation ont placing the proper placards over this space and making an attempt to keep luggage out of it by placing a "blocker" of some sort over what would be perceived as the proper place to put luggage.

So is United going to admit they are in violation of improperly operating an airplane with out the necessary warnings and safety equipment?

I doubt it, because it's a made up rule by a flight attendant who I'm sure doesn't even hold a pilot's license. I love how people take their "positions of power" to the extreme. Anyway...it makes for a good laugh...Thanks for sharing!

But for the record - I've had a lot of very good flight attendants just trying to make everyone's life easier. And I've never been questioned about my luggage in that seat before. So I'm sure it's just a random FA who may not realize that flexing her muscles isn't the brightest thing to do.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 5:41 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by warreng24
Under 10A and 10F there should be a L-shaped bar on the floor that that will prevent items stored under 10A and 10F from sliding back towards 12A and 12F (respectively) during take off.

This keeps stuff from sliding back and blocking the exit.
I thought the FA was actually referring to the bar under the front of the seat (in this case, 10A/F) which prevents the bags from sliding forward. If it were a bar to keep them from sliding backwards, well, I don't know that ANY exit row seats (or seats, period) on UA have such a thing.

I've personally only had one UA FA ever make the claim that a far-away exit row's seat couldn't be used for under-seat stowage (was an Airbus, IIRC). I try to get these seats whenever possible, too. I have had more problems on US--such as the FA telling me I couldn't have a pillow in the exit row (), which this being FT, when I posted about it, someone replied in all seriousness, "Hey, I don't want your pillow getting in my way in case of an emergency." (double to that.)
Old Oct 12, 2009, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by exerda
I thought the FA was actually referring to the bar under the front of the seat (in this case, 10A/F) which prevents the bags from sliding forward. If it were a bar to keep them from sliding backwards, well, I don't know that ANY exit row seats (or seats, period) on UA have such a thing
Here's a photo of something similar to what I am talking about. Not all aircraft have the L-shaped bars. They are normally secured to the floor rails and they pop out from time to time.

Similar product, but different from what I've seen on UA aircraft.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1049/...c8c6d4.jpg?v=0
Old Oct 12, 2009, 6:58 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by warreng24
Here's a photo of something similar to what I am talking about. Not all aircraft have the L-shaped bars. They are normally secured to the floor rails and they pop out from time to time.

Similar product, but different from what I've seen on UA aircraft.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1049/...c8c6d4.jpg?v=0
Ah, that makes sense. But I don't think UA uses them on most of the exit row seats overall... do they just assume pax will use their feet to hold things in place (I do that from time to time)?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 7:07 pm

Programs: United 1K (3MM) and RCC, elite levels for most hotel and car programs
At least 25 flights in 12 A or F --

Originally Posted by erdehoff
I've sat in 12F (or 12A) nearly every time I've flown on an A319. Not once has an FA told me I can't store my luggage under 10F (or 10A).
... and I've never been told not to store bags under the seat in front of me (10A or F). Sounds like a loose cannon FA to me. If that really were a FAA reg, I would think that FAA would require either signage or blocking of the space.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 4:55 pm

Programs: United 1K (3MM) and RCC, elite levels for most hotel and car programs
Even better ..

Riding in 8E on a 757 SFO to IAD on Thursday and the passenger behind me had a large bag which she simply put next to me in the spot where 8F would have been, clearly blocking the exit door. 5 hour flight and never was the bag noticed by FAs. And the passenger climbed over the bag 4 times during the flight -- and then over me and the guy in 8D, I guess so she didn't disturb her rowmates in 9!
Old Feb 17, 2010, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold; HH Diamond; Hyatt Plat
Row 12 on the 319

Is row 12 on a 319 an exit row? If not (as suggested by seatguru), Why does the .bomb seatmap have the word "EXIT" printed next to row 12?

Maybe asked differently: how many exit rows does the 319 have?
Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:15 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by NightTripper
Is row 12 on a 319 an exit row? If not (as suggested by seatguru), Why does the .bomb seatmap have the word "EXIT" printed next to row 12?

Maybe asked differently: how many exit rows does the 319 have?
Seatguru calls 12A & 12F Exit seats.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 8:38 pm

I need some professional traveler advise. Should I book 1A or 2D? 1B is also available but I really prefer windows and I am only 5'10 so the few extra inches of legroom doesn't matter all that much.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.