Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
All UA A319s have have been converted to 12F configuration

FIRST CLASS CABIN
All A319s have the 'new' UA first class seat. There are 12 first class seats on the A319. Stated pitch is 37" and the width is 21. The seat recline on the A319 is quite generous, with the caveat that if the person in front of you is fully reclined, it is difficult to get out of the aisle seat and exiting the window seat will require the aisle seat to step into the aisle.

ECONOMY PLUS Section ROWS 7-21
Row 7 is the best row. Like on the A320, Row 7 has plenty of room plus the bulkhead does not extend all the way down to the floor, allowing you to store bags and your feet under Row 2.

21BC and 21DE do have an extra inch or two of legroom to allow folks to get to the Window Exit, but it is not nearly as generous as Row 20 and Row 21 on the A320.

Rows 8-12 have 35" of legroom and 18" width.

ECONOMY CLASS Section ROWS 22-35
Pitch is very tight at (30"), but at least the seats are wider then the 757.

IN FLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT
Wifi: Ku band wifi is installed on all A319s. Ku band wifi is the international wifi which enables internet access for the rare A319 trip outside of the lower 48.
Entertainment: Personal device entertainment is installed on all A319s. Make sure you have the latest United app loaded on your phone/tablet.
In-Seat Power: Installed in F and E+.

Other
There is a galley and lav at the front of the plane for First-class cabin.
There is a galley and two lavs at the rear of the plane for the economy cabin.

Related thread: Consolidated Where to Sit on a United Plane Threads
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Old Jul 11, 2020, 5:21 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by CMK10
It's not misaligned and the legroom isn't restricted. It's very similar to the A-320 row 1.
Oh good, I chose well then! Thanks
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:09 pm

Seat choice

Right now I have my choice of any of the first class seats on an A319. It is the version with 3 rows in first. I am currently in row three. My thinking was that even if it reclines less, I can recline without bothering anyone behind me. But- I can switch to any of the seats. Should I switch? There are two of us flying together and we are not frequent travelers but this is a special trip for us and we decided to splurge a bit on F seating for the return trip home.

Last edited by Skeet100; Feb 13, 2022 at 10:23 pm
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Skeet100
Right now I have my choice of any of the first class seats on an A319. It is the version with 3 rows in first. I am currently in row three. My thinking was that even if it reclines less, I can recline without bothering anyone behind me. But- I can switch to any of the seats. Should I switch? There are two of us flying together and we are not frequent travelers but this is a special trip for us and we decided to splurge a bit on F seating for the return trip home.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Skeet100 !

Depending on how long the flight is and whether a meal is served, you may want to move forward in the cabin so that you (hopefully) get your first choice. Note that meal choice is prioritized by UA elite status so GS and 1Ks can and usually get their first choice. That being said, what United is serving in United First domestically isn't the greatest food.

Also, if you are tall, moving up to Row 1 may have an impact on your leg comfort since the bulkhead is right there.

David
sgtbalski likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Skeet100
I am found in Row 2 if I have freedom of choice.

The new F seats on UA slide forward so you can't recline into anyone anyway, and even so with the pitch in F I don't really worry about it. The bulkhead has the standard tradeoff: much more room at knee level, less room at toe level, and you have to put your bag up.
artvandalay and VRFast like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Are all UA 319s now the 12F (3-row F) version or are there still some with 8F seats about?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ty97
Are all UA 319s now the 12F (3-row F) version or are there still some with 8F seats about?
I think they are all 12 now per the Fleet tracker. I like 2A and usually get my meal choice there.
ty97 likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 5:53 pm

Do the seats in Row 3 recline as far back as Rows 1 and 2? Or does 3 have restricted recline because of he business/economy bulkhead right behind it? Thanks!
Old May 28, 2022, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cheaptom
Do the seats in Row 3 recline as far back as Rows 1 and 2? Or does 3 have restricted recline because of he business/economy bulkhead right behind it? Thanks!
Same recline.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 6:01 pm

I'm traveling with my partner on a 4-hour, red-eye from SFO to MEX in a few weeks. Rest is important. I paid to upgrade from second row emergency to first class for the extra comfort. I'm 6'1". We can get any row. Which seat would you choose. If the seat moves forward, I presume that legroom will disappear. There seems to be a recline, however, so I don't really understand how the seats work. Thanks in advance for your advice.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by iker
I'm traveling with my partner on a 4-hour, red-eye from SFO to MEX in a few weeks. Rest is important. I paid to upgrade from second row emergency to first class for the extra comfort. I'm 6'1". We can get any row. Which seat would you choose. If the seat moves forward, I presume that legroom will disappear. There seems to be a recline, however, so I don't really understand how the seats work. Thanks in advance for your advice.
i go for row 2 or 3 as I can stretch my legs - Im 63
SFO 1K likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:46 pm

Thanks for your response. Is the recline in row 3 problematic in your estimation?
Old Nov 21, 2022, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The 3D view on United's website doesn't really give me a good indication, and the Wiki is slightly outdated.

How much clearance is there for putting bags under the bulkhead wall when sitting in row 7? Enough for a slightly bulky messenger bag? As perpetually being in Boarding Group 2, I actually wonder if Row 21 is better since the odds of getting decent overhead bin space near row 7 will probably be slim to none after half the plane fills up with Boarding Group 1 folks.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
How much clearance is there for putting bags under the bulkhead wall when sitting in row 7? Enough for a slightly bulky messenger bag? As perpetually being in Boarding Group 2, I actually wonder if Row 21 is better since the odds of getting decent overhead bin space near row 7 will probably be slim to none after half the plane fills up with Boarding Group 1 folks.
I guess it would depend on how bulky, but I have shoved a laptop bag or backpack under there. It sits underneath the coat hangers for F cabin. You might struggle to find space for a roller board on a full flight near row 7 but you should be okay with getting a carryon that doesn't fit under bulkhead into a bin maybe right at the back of row 3, and no one should mind since you technically don't have under-seat storage.
pseudoswede and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 10:30 am

Programs: Northwest, United
On a United A319, in domestic First, more comfort (leg room) in ro w 1 (the bulkhead row) or rows 2 or 3? We can pick any row.

I do understand in the bulkhead row, no stowage of personal gear under the seat in front (because, bulkhead). I'm seeing "extra legroom" for the bulkhead row, but wonder if that just means extra knee-room or full leg extension (and actually less space to fully extend the legs).

Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
On a United A319, in domestic First, more comfort (leg room) in ro w 1 (the bulkhead row) or rows 2 or 3? We can pick any row.

I do understand in the bulkhead row, no stowage of personal gear under the seat in front (because, bulkhead). I'm seeing "extra legroom" for the bulkhead row, but wonder if that just means extra knee-room or full leg extension (and actually less space to fully extend the legs).
Who says that? Seat Guru or UA?

It just means there's no seat in front of you. It's not going to matter unless you're really tall, in which case your feet will probably hit the bulkhead anyway. Note that these are shell seats with a sliding seat pan so the seat in front of you won't come back much at all.

Also, overhead space in F on the 319 is extremely limited and I personally would avoid the bulkhead for that reason alone.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.