Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
All UA A319s have have been converted to 12F configuration

FIRST CLASS CABIN
All A319s have the 'new' UA first class seat. There are 12 first class seats on the A319. Stated pitch is 37" and the width is 21”. The seat recline on the A319 is quite generous, with the caveat that if the person in front of you is fully reclined, it is difficult to get out of the aisle seat and exiting the window seat will require the aisle seat to step into the aisle.

ECONOMY PLUS Section – ROWS 7-21
Row 7 is the best row. Like on the A320, Row 7 has plenty of room plus the bulkhead does not extend all the way down to the floor, allowing you to store bags and your feet under Row 2.

21BC and 21DE do have an extra inch or two of legroom to allow folks to get to the Window Exit, but it is not nearly as generous as Row 20 and Row 21 on the A320.

Rows 8-12 have 35" of legroom and 18" width.

ECONOMY CLASS Section – ROWS 22-35
Pitch is very tight at (30"), but at least the seats are wider then the 757.

IN FLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT
Wifi: Ku band wifi is installed on all A319s. Ku band wifi is the international wifi which enables internet access for the rare A319 trip outside of the lower 48.
Entertainment: Personal device entertainment is installed on all A319s. Make sure you have the latest United app loaded on your phone/tablet.
In-Seat Power: Installed in F and E+.

Other
There is a galley and lav at the front of the plane for First-class cabin.
There is a galley and two lavs at the rear of the plane for the economy cabin.

Related thread: Consolidated Where to Sit on a United Plane Threads
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1K
What do folks think: for a redeye, would you take 21E or 8B? I have a choice of these two middle seats in E+ unless the bulkhead opens up.

Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Does 21C (or 21D) on the A319 now have more legroom like the other Economy Plus seats? (I thought these seats used to have the same amount of legroom as Economy Minus seats).
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:44 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GrizShel
Does 21C (or 21D) on the A319 now have more legroom like the other Economy Plus seats? (I thought these seats used to have the same amount of legroom as Economy Minus seats).
Row 21 on A3xx have more than standard E+ legspace (also Row 20 but not as much extra and the seat don't recline). Row 20/21 are exit rows hence the need for extra space.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Row 21 on A3xx have more than standard E+ legspace (also Row 20 but not as much extra and the seat don't recline). Row 20/21 are exit rows hence the need for extra space.
Thanks. Didn't the Continental planes use to NOT have extra legroom in the exit row (somehow the fact that they had only 2 instead of 3 seats in the exit row in front allowed them to do the same row spacing as standard economy seats)? I remember flying in the exit row on their planes a few times with my legs quite constricted.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 3:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aindfan
What do folks think: for a redeye, would you take 21E or 8B? I have a choice of these two middle seats in E+ unless the bulkhead opens up.

Thanks!
8B so I can get off slightly faster. On a redeye I'll pop my two Tylenol PM and sleep so a middle is a middle.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by GrizShel
Thanks. Didn't the Continental planes use to NOT have extra legroom in the exit row (somehow the fact that they had only 2 instead of 3 seats in the exit row in front allowed them to do the same row spacing as standard economy seats)? I remember flying in the exit row on their planes a few times with my legs quite constricted.
Yes, I am pretty sure the 737-700 didn't have extra legroom until they added E+ to them.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 9:24 pm

Flying on an United A320 (I think it's the same set up as the 319) with wife and kid, and an infant on a lap, so four of us in one row. Row 7 bulkhead looks good because it has the cutout and plenty of room for the kids to play on the floor.

But I'm wondering if the fixed arm rests would be a bummer, since we wouldn't be able to put them up and sit all four in a row.

Any kid friendly suggestions? Row 7 or Row 8?
Old Mar 28, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by 303HopHead
Flying on an United A320 (I think it's the same set up as the 319) with wife and kid, and an infant on a lap, so four of us in one row. Row 7 bulkhead looks good because it has the cutout and plenty of room for the kids to play on the floor.

But I'm wondering if the fixed arm rests would be a bummer, since we wouldn't be able to put them up and sit all four in a row.

Any kid friendly suggestions? Row 7 or Row 8?
If the choice for you and your kids is row 7 or 8, it's a no brainer: go with row 7. You can set up lots of space for the kiddies. Plus you don't have to worry about annoying anyone in front of you.
By the way, welcome for Flyertalk!
Old Sep 13, 2013, 9:53 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
I'm flying ewr to phx. I got assigned 20d since my preference is set to aisle and its the last aisle in E+. I haven't flown yet on a A319. What would be your opinion. Do you think I would be more comfortable on almost 5 hour aisle non recline exit or recline window in E+ further up. Does 20d even have much more legroom. I remember on CO 737-700 which are similar the 2 seat exit didn't have extra legroom. Is the same case on the A319?

Opinions greatly appreciated.

Last edited by COEWR2587; Sep 13, 2013 at 10:26 pm
Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by COEWR2587
I'm flying ewr to phx. I got assigned 20d since my preference is set to aisle and its the last aisle in E+. I haven't flown yet on a A319. What would be your opinion. Do you think I would be more comfortable on almost 5 hour aisle non recline exit or recline window in E+. Does 20d even have much more legroom. I remember on CO 737-700 which are similar the 2 seat exit didn't have extra legroom. Is the same case on the A319?

Opinions greatly appreciated.
Row 20 on a 319 is not an exit row. Just a standard E+ row but no recline. Row 21 is the exit. 319 only has 1 window exit, a 320 has 2 window exit rows.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:23 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
My flight shows this config which shows row 20 exit with 2 seats in the row

http://www.united.com/web/en-us/cont...9/default.aspx
Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My bad, forgot there were 2 versions of 319.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
Flying a couple of segments iah->rsw later this year with ms tentacle
Booked into f already for the flights
Is there a preference for any of the F seats?
Old Sep 14, 2013, 7:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by LordTentacle
Flying a couple of segments iah->rsw later this year with ms tentacle
Booked into f already for the flights
Is there a preference for any of the F seats?
Absolutely avoid row 1. The legroom is seriously impeded by the galley/door bulkhead.

I always book row 2 on 319/320, mostly in the case of an equipment swap from the latter to former. Same deal on 737, only I will book row 2 or 3 since 3 is the min number of F rows on that series.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC

Row 20 is esp. nice since there's only one other person in your row

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.