Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Version 1 is no longer in service (12 Feb 2017).

Note: This Wiki and thread is devoted to the pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1. There is a second thread, and more extensive Wiki about both planes, in the Wiki and thread on Version 2. This thread should be used for discussion of Version 1, although older posts may refer to Version 2 (they were split 8/30/14).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1360456-everything-you-wanted-know-about-where-sit-pmua-3-cabin-777-version-2-a.html

And, if you're looking for the thread about pmCO 777, it's here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1475682-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-pmco-777-international-5.html

How can you tell from seat map which version you're on? Look at the seat map image below - if it's this, you're on Version 1

Version 1 vs. Version 2
There are two version of the international 3-class pmUA airplane.
"Version 1" on the United website has 8 First, 40 Business, and 218 coach seats. (no longer in service)
"Version 21" has 8 First, 40 Business, and 221 coach seats. (formerly Version 2 is now Version 1).

One unique attribute of Version 1 was the crew rest seats at the back of the E+ cabin in the middle section of Rows 29 and 30 (seats DEG). On most flights these seats were curtained off and dedicated for use by the crew. However, they were sometimes available when these planes were used on shorter routes and there was no need for crew rest. They provided much better legroom and footrests. This post contains a description and pictures: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25059936-post991.html

Fixed bassinets were available in economy 19G, 34G -- none in BF or GF.
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Plat, SPG/M P75 and few from CC
Since that's a p.s. route, considering the chance of being assigned a GF seat as your indicated 1K status so no SDC, 6H due to earlier meal delivery

Originally Posted by findark
Straw poll: 6H, 7B, or SDC to a marginally worse (time-wise) 752? 7B faces away from the cabin and is on a twosome, but faces the galley.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Juventini
Since that's a p.s. route, considering the chance of being assigned a GF seat as your indicated 1K status so no SDC, 6H due to earlier meal delivery
GF booked full, swept into twice and I wasn't bumped. Somewhat ticked off about that (spent 30 minutes determining literally no one at Reservations has any idea what they're talking about with regard to this), but I'm somewhat resigned to being in J. Suppose it's possible of the 50-60 people who've held J tickets over the life of the flight there are 10-12 higher than a 1K on a P fare.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Plat, SPG/M P75 and few from CC
well, stay on just for 77D subfleet one last time before it's gone.

GF booked full, swept into twice and I wasn't bumped. Somewhat ticked off about that (spent 30 minutes determining literally no one at Reservations has any idea what they're talking about with regard to this), but I'm somewhat resigned to being in J. Suppose it's possible of the 50-60 people who've held J tickets over the life of the flight there are 10-12 higher than a 1K on a P fare.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Straw poll: 6H, 7B, or SDC to a marginally worse (time-wise) 752? 7B faces away from the cabin and is on a twosome, but faces the galley.
I'd take 7B. It's not a bad seat though you do get the galley light.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Juventini
well, stay on just for 77D subfleet one last time before it's gone.
Heh, I suppose N773UA is indeed the last flying 77D and won't be for long. Hard to find nostalgia when the -ERs are going to be flying 3-class for a while yet

Originally Posted by Kacee
I'd take 7B. It's not a bad seat though you do get the galley light.
Was going to agree but 6H is my original seat, and you snooze you lose (too late). Ah well, can keep praying for someone to drop out of a row 6-7 window. Or F
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Ah well, can keep praying for someone to drop out of a row 6-7 window. Or F
Do they block 6B on ps? If so, it may open somewhere within T-48.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Do they block 6B on ps? If so, it may open somewhere within T-48.
Unclear, but I watched 2A unblock (which the 77D blocks) and 6B didn't unblock at the same time. Shows assigned now in EF, and does for flights weeks out too so I think the answer is, strangely enough, no it's not blocked. The sad thing is not everyone agrees with me about 1A on the 752, but there's no doubt that 6/7 ABJK are the first to go on the 772.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, DL Silver
Can't decide between 9J or 6H at moment. Does it feel less cramped overall in the AB/JK seats than in the middle 4? I would have an aisle either way. Would like to sleep on flight, but do like aisle access...
Old Jan 26, 2017, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by nycflyer222
Can't decide between 9J or 6H at moment. Does it feel less cramped overall in the AB/JK seats than in the middle 4? I would have an aisle either way. Would like to sleep on flight, but do like aisle access...
I would go with 6H.

I prefer the rear-facing seats and being in the smaller seat section.

To me, no significant difference being on either aisle.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I would go with 6H.

All I needed to know -- thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:07 am
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
I would go with 6H.

Isn't 6H forward facing?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Larrude
Isn't 6H forward facing?
No, not according to the seating chart in the wiki...and my memory.

But either one could be wrong.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
No, not according to the seating chart in the wiki...and my memory.

But either one could be wrong.
Duh! Of course you are correct. I was thinking about the window/aisle seats - forgot that they are the opposite facing then the center.

When traveling with my wife, my favorites are 7 AB or 7 JK
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:44 am

This topic should be closed because it this version of the aircraft no longer exists. The only one left is already in modification for Version 5. I am confused by all the previous commenters as it is impossible this is their aircraft.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 12:48 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by adg1234
This topic should be closed because it this version of the aircraft no longer exists. The only one left is already in modification for Version 5. I am confused by all the previous commenters as it is impossible this is their aircraft.
As Version 1 is no longer in service (12 Feb 2017). Will close this thread and refer all queries to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...rsion-2-a.html the only 3-class 772 version in service

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.