Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Version 1 is no longer in service (12 Feb 2017).

Note: This Wiki and thread is devoted to the pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1. There is a second thread, and more extensive Wiki about both planes, in the Wiki and thread on Version 2. This thread should be used for discussion of Version 1, although older posts may refer to Version 2 (they were split 8/30/14).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1360456-everything-you-wanted-know-about-where-sit-pmua-3-cabin-777-version-2-a.html

And, if you're looking for the thread about pmCO 777, it's here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1475682-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-pmco-777-international-5.html

How can you tell from seat map which version you're on? Look at the seat map image below - if it's this, you're on Version 1

Version 1 vs. Version 2
There are two version of the international 3-class pmUA airplane.
"Version 1" on the United website has 8 First, 40 Business, and 218 coach seats. (no longer in service)
"Version 21" has 8 First, 40 Business, and 221 coach seats. (formerly Version 2 is now Version 1).

One unique attribute of Version 1 was the crew rest seats at the back of the E+ cabin in the middle section of Rows 29 and 30 (seats DEG). On most flights these seats were curtained off and dedicated for use by the crew. However, they were sometimes available when these planes were used on shorter routes and there was no need for crew rest. They provided much better legroom and footrests. This post contains a description and pictures: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25059936-post991.html

Fixed bassinets were available in economy 19G, 34G -- none in BF or GF.
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by StringerBellBivDeVoe
How is 7K? SeatGuru mentions galley noise/light, but since it is a window seat, I imagine it is at least sheltered from the light somewhat better.
Might be my favorite seat (rear facing, window, mini-cabin), although if you're very sensitive to light you will catch the galley out of the corner of your eye. I haven't had those problems, however - indeed, it makes it easier to catch the eye of the FAs, although most of the time they still ignore you. .
Old May 24, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
What's up with 6J? For some reason I keep getting bumped out of it -- 3 times in the last 5 months since I booked. I have now given up and moved out of fear of being bumped again after its too late to get a good seat. Could it be a FAM issue? Its not blocked according to UA agents and nobody can figure out why it keeps happening.
Old May 28, 2016, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by dkaplanpa
Ok ... thanks!
30K was decent. Not too close to the restroom and you could see out the window fine.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: United 1K
hello, how are 31 AB/JK seats for a couple? How close to lav?

Sorry if this has been discussed, the search function is not working for me.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by dcaflyer979
hello, how are 31 AB/JK seats for a couple? How close to lav?

Sorry if this has been discussed, the search function is not working for me.
You're just in front of lav. You probably won't get disturbed by lav noise too much, and because there's only two seats and three in front, you're a bit protected from the lines. You can also stick stuff under the 30H seat so that you have more place to put your feet (of course, the overhead bins are generous so you won't need to put things there, except for easy access).
Old Jun 11, 2016, 2:16 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by drewguy
You're just in front of lav. You probably won't get disturbed by lav noise too much, and because there's only two seats and three in front, you're a bit protected from the lines. You can also stick stuff under the 30H seat so that you have more place to put your feet (of course, the overhead bins are generous so you won't need to put things there, except for easy access).
Read about 25 pages of this thread and not a definitive answer (that I saw). Does the PMUA 777 in row 31 have a window or is there is now window? Thank you.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: UA 1K3MM
Which is better?

On an upcoming flight, all the good window/aisle's are gone - would you select middle section (need 2 seats) in row 6 or 10, or window/aisle row 8? The 777 is a 3-Cabin V1.

Thanks.

Last edited by SuiteFlyer; Jul 5, 2016 at 10:10 pm
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:22 am

Programs: UA1K .455 MM, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SuiteFlyer
On an upcoming flight, all the good window/aisle's are gone - would you select middle section (need 2 seats) in row 6 or 10, or window/aisle row 8? The 777 is a 3-Cabin V1.

Thanks.
If the choice is middle/middle vs aisle/window traveling with someone, then window/aisle is the way to go. Sure, Row is by the bathroom and Galley, but that shouldn't be a big deal compared to having to rub elbows with and hop over strangers.

if by middle seats you mean aisle/middle, then I would take row 6.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by BigBossman
If the choice is middle/middle vs aisle/window traveling with someone, then window/aisle is the way to go. Sure, Row is by the bathroom and Galley, but that shouldn't be a big deal compared to having to rub elbows with and hop over strangers.

if by middle seats you mean aisle/middle, then I would take row 6.
I would take row 8 - never found the lavs to be an issue. But, row 6 is in the smaller, quieter cabin, and if it's aisle/middle not a bad option.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by drewguy
I would take row 8 - never found the lavs to be an issue. But, row 6 is in the smaller, quieter cabin, and if it's aisle/middle not a bad option.
I similarly have a choice - I could take middle/aisle in the front cabin (row 6 or 7) or take window/aisle in rows 8, 9, or 10. I'm not a huge fan of 10 (did this on SYD-LAX and was way too close to crying babies in the bassinets), and I would prefer to be facing backwards (not a big deal really, but my preference). What would folks suggest? This isn't a terribly long hop (EWR-BRU), but would like to get some decent rest on the flight.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: UA 1K3MM
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I similarly have a choice - I could take middle/aisle in the front cabin (row 6 or 7) or take window/aisle in rows 8, 9, or 10. I'm not a huge fan of 10 (did this on SYD-LAX and was way too close to crying babies in the bassinets), and I would prefer to be facing backwards (not a big deal really, but my preference). What would folks suggest? This isn't a terribly long hop (EWR-BRU), but would like to get some decent rest on the flight.
Thanks for the advice - I have selected row 8 window/aisle. Given rear facing, it should be very nice and away from Economy and not facing restrooms

PsiFighter: I would suggest the same based on your preference of rear facing. Only other option would be row 6 middle/Aisle (rear facing).
Old Aug 14, 2016, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Would you all choose row 7K or 8K?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Pick your poison - galley (7K) or lavs (8K)? I'd do 7 personally but both are okay, probably the best option after row 6.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hartmann
Never sat in 8K but 7K tends to be my choice if I want a rear facing seat. The light over the galley can be an issue sometimes but the sleep mask from the kit solves that issue.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
Pick your poison - galley (7K) or lavs (8K)? I'd do 7 personally but both are okay, probably the best option after row 6.
Originally Posted by TomMM
Never sat in 8K but 7K tends to be my choice if I want a rear facing seat. The light over the galley can be an issue sometimes but the sleep mask from the kit solves that issue.
Thank you both!

It's for my dad and he hasn't flown this particular product. I know I prefer the rear facing seats. He's an aisle person but the only ones available are in the middle section which I don't think he'll enjoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.