Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Version 1 is no longer in service (12 Feb 2017).

Note: This Wiki and thread is devoted to the pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1. There is a second thread, and more extensive Wiki about both planes, in the Wiki and thread on Version 2. This thread should be used for discussion of Version 1, although older posts may refer to Version 2 (they were split 8/30/14).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1360456-everything-you-wanted-know-about-where-sit-pmua-3-cabin-777-version-2-a.html

And, if you're looking for the thread about pmCO 777, it's here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1475682-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-pmco-777-international-5.html

How can you tell from seat map which version you're on? Look at the seat map image below - if it's this, you're on Version 1

Version 1 vs. Version 2
There are two version of the international 3-class pmUA airplane.
"Version 1" on the United website has 8 First, 40 Business, and 218 coach seats. (no longer in service)
"Version 21" has 8 First, 40 Business, and 221 coach seats. (formerly Version 2 is now Version 1).

One unique attribute of Version 1 was the crew rest seats at the back of the E+ cabin in the middle section of Rows 29 and 30 (seats DEG). On most flights these seats were curtained off and dedicated for use by the crew. However, they were sometimes available when these planes were used on shorter routes and there was no need for crew rest. They provided much better legroom and footrests. This post contains a description and pictures: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25059936-post991.html

Fixed bassinets were available in economy 19G, 34G -- none in BF or GF.
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by PanAmWT
I think the seatmate for the center aisle may be less happy than the window seatmate because he or she is in the center seats of four. Will this make a difference?
They could also be more happy if they're the last person to be upgraded. The center-center seats go either to people who pay, but buy late, or to upgraders. Anyone who paid knows what they're getting into. Anyone getting an upgrade is going to take a center-center over the best seat in Y.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 12:50 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by drewguy
They could also be more happy if they're the last person to be upgraded. The center-center seats go either to people who pay, but buy late, or to upgraders. Anyone who paid knows what they're getting into. Anyone getting an upgrade is going to take a center-center over the best seat in Y.
Excellent Point!!
Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:40 am

United global 1st class 777-200 question

I am trying this again... I am going to Europe this summer... My question is what are the best seats to talk with you're wife ?? the 2 middle seats or an isle and a window........are there dividers between the 2 middle seats??? thank you
Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Check this out: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...rnational.html

or check out Seatguru.com

Last edited by Madone59; Feb 15, 2014 at 11:14 am
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: AC*A
Originally Posted by chewylouie
I am trying this again... I am going to Europe this summer... My question is what are the best seats to talk with you're wife ?? the 2 middle seats or an isle and a window........are there dividers between the 2 middle seats??? thank you
One of the flickr photos from the opening post:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/muggsybananas/4549913753/in/set-72157623926647474

It shows the two middle seats - I have never flown GF though so unfortunately I cannot give you a definitive answer, but to me they look better than aisle/window combo.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Two middle seats for sure! Dividers will not block you in sit up position.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
When you say "isle [sic] and a window" do you mean an A/B or J/K pair? Because that's a no-brainer - the side pairs are far preferable to anything in the middle section. None of the J seats on this aircraft have any meaningful divider between adjoining seats.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
When you say "isle [sic] and a window" do you mean an A/B or J/K pair? Because that's a no-brainer - the side pairs are far preferable to anything in the middle section. None of the J seats on this aircraft have any meaningful divider between adjoining seats.
Question was about global first, not businessfirst.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 1:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Question was about global first, not businessfirst.
Well he should have said so

How many times can that question be asked?

The answer is that the center divider isn't a complete block; it can definitely be talked over.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 3:29 am

Programs: UA 1K
Sat in 7K for the first time on two legs last week. The main thing I noticed was the galley lights shining in my face as the curtain was only partly closed. When the FA asked me to close my window shades I thought about saying I would if she closed the galley curtain. Oh well, that's what the eyeshades are for.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Titanium, Hertz - President's Circle
777-200 syd-lax

I apologize if this has been answered before. I've done a bit of combing through the site and Internet and can't seem to find a definitive answer.

I'm flying 4/16. Row 20 and 33 are taken. So, I've grabbed 31A. My question: I've flown international versions of the 772 and I've always seen 29/30 DEG configured as crew rest. On this flight those rows are open, they're usually blocked, so I'm concerned on this particular equipment they're regular seats. Anyone have a way of finding out if those seats are crew rest?

(FYI: I'm 6'6" so legroom is important to me, especially on a 17 hour flt.)

Thanks for your help!!
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
There are (at least) two different PMUA versions of this aircraft--one of which has crew rest bunks below the passenger deck and the other which has the FA rest seats in the middle section at the back of the E+ cabin. If your airplane is the latter, then those seats will be used by crew and you'll be reseated. If the former, then they'll be normal seats.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by bmr12
There are (at least) two different PMUA versions of this aircraft--one of which has crew rest bunks below the passenger deck and the other which has the FA rest seats in the middle section at the back of the E+ cabin. If your airplane is the latter, then those seats will be used by crew and you'll be reseated. If the former, then they'll be normal seats.
I'm pretty sure the 777 variant with the crew rest seats in rows 29 and 30 instead of below deck is the shorter range (77D) one, which would not be used on flights from LAX-SYD, but rather TATL flights.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 4:22 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Titanium, Hertz - President's Circle
I'm pretty sure the 777 variant with the crew rest seats in rows 29 and 30 instead of below deck is the shorter range (77D) one, which would not be used on flights from LAX-SYD, but rather TATL flights.
After MUCH research I'm in agreement. The long-haul version doesn't have crew rest in 29 and 30.

Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: United mileage Plus 1k and Million Miler, Krisflyer, Air New Zealand, Qantas, Virgin
avod cabinet under seat?

are there avod cabinets under seats on this plane, if so, which ones? I'm flying these for first time on Sydney SFO route next week and in past planes with underseat AVODs were a lottery that led to considerable discomfort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.