Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Version 1 is no longer in service (12 Feb 2017).

Note: This Wiki and thread is devoted to the pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1. There is a second thread, and more extensive Wiki about both planes, in the Wiki and thread on Version 2. This thread should be used for discussion of Version 1, although older posts may refer to Version 2 (they were split 8/30/14).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1360456-everything-you-wanted-know-about-where-sit-pmua-3-cabin-777-version-2-a.html

And, if you're looking for the thread about pmCO 777, it's here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1475682-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-pmco-777-international-5.html

How can you tell from seat map which version you're on? Look at the seat map image below - if it's this, you're on Version 1

Version 1 vs. Version 2
There are two version of the international 3-class pmUA airplane.
"Version 1" on the United website has 8 First, 40 Business, and 218 coach seats. (no longer in service)
"Version 21" has 8 First, 40 Business, and 221 coach seats. (formerly Version 2 is now Version 1).

One unique attribute of Version 1 was the crew rest seats at the back of the E+ cabin in the middle section of Rows 29 and 30 (seats DEG). On most flights these seats were curtained off and dedicated for use by the crew. However, they were sometimes available when these planes were used on shorter routes and there was no need for crew rest. They provided much better legroom and footrests. This post contains a description and pictures: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25059936-post991.html

Fixed bassinets were available in economy 19G, 34G -- none in BF or GF.
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2013, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
I'm traveling SIN-IAD (via NRT) with my 3 year old son. Which pair of business seats would you recommend?

We are currently in 10 J/K.

My goal is the least distraction for him possible. The less he can stare at other passengers, try to play games with them, etc., the better. Are any of the pairs particularly kid friendly (or not)?

On the way back, we're going via HKG, so the HKG-SIN flight is also on a PMUA 777. My wife is coming on that flight as well, so there will be 3 of us. We currently have 6 D/G/H. Any suggestions for that leg?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by wfu03
I'm traveling SIN-IAD (via NRT) with my 3 year old son. Which pair of business seats would you recommend?

We are currently in 10 J/K.

My goal is the least distraction for him possible. The less he can stare at other passengers, try to play games with them, etc., the better. Are any of the pairs particularly kid friendly (or not)?

On the way back, we're going via HKG, so the HKG-SIN flight is also on a PMUA 777. My wife is coming on that flight as well, so there will be 3 of us. We currently have 6 D/G/H. Any suggestions for that leg?
Do you have the option of anything in row 6 for the outbound flights? Those would be best, IMO. The mini-cabin is very nice, and being so small, should have very few distractions for your son.

The return sounds fine.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 5:35 am

Can 6D and 6G talk/see each other?

This is the only left in BF and it doesn't look that great, in either seat you have to crawl past someone to get out.

This is a 777-200. LHR-SFO
Old Oct 1, 2013, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by FolliesFlyer
This is the only left in BF and it doesn't look that great, in either seat you have to crawl past someone to get out.

This is a 777-200. LHR-SFO
It'll look just like the two middle seats pictured below.

Pax will simple have to turn their heads to speak with one another.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Do you have the option of anything in row 6 for the outbound flights? Those would be best, IMO. The mini-cabin is very nice, and being so small, should have very few distractions for your son.

The return sounds fine.
In the mini cabin, only the middle four seats are open on rows 6 and 7. Almost every seat in the larger cabin is open.

Which ones have the fewest distractions, don't face other passengers, etc.?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
In the mini cabin, only the middle four seats are open on rows 6 and 7. Almost every seat in the larger cabin is open.

Which ones have the fewest distractions, don't face other passengers, etc.?
10J faces the economy cabin. 10K can barely see it, except with a big angle. Put your son in the window seat. That said, all the others face a screen, with the aisle seat modestly facing the passenger across the aisle, although again only with a big head turn.

If 8A/B or J/K are available, I'd take that and put him in window seat.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by drewguy
10J faces the economy cabin. 10K can barely see it, except with a big angle. Put your son in the window seat. That said, all the others face a screen, with the aisle seat modestly facing the passenger across the aisle, although again only with a big head turn.

If 8A/B or J/K are available, I'd take that and put him in window seat.
So, row 8 provides him fewer opportunities to act like a clown and get other passengers' attention?

Any preference for A/B or J/K? Both are available.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 8:21 am

So, row 8 provides him fewer opportunities to act like a clown and get other passengers' attention?

Any preference for A/B or J/K? Both are available.
If he's going to act like a clown, sit in the last row of E-.

Row 8 will combine the lowest views of others with the minimal disturbance to others, because it's against the lavatory.

I would take J/K because it's on the side fewer people board.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy
If he's going to act like a clown, sit in the last row of E-.

Row 8 will combine the lowest views of others with the minimal disturbance to others, because it's against the lavatory.

I would take J/K because it's on the side fewer people board.
Thanks for the tips. And while I would love to say I could prevent him from acting like a clown the entire time, 3 year olds are unpredictable, so I'm trying to minimize the odds.

Is there any appreciable difference in terms of quietness between row 8 and row 10?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 6:01 pm

It's galley versus coach. I think coach is noisier because they need more time for service.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS
Is 2K usually pilot rest?

Originally Posted by AggieTraveler
Must be. Or maybe a one-off? When I flew a couple weeks ago, both 2A and 2K were blocked for pilot rest seats.
I'm flying solo in F and currently have seat 2C reserved. I would prefer a window seat and 2K recently became available. I'm worried that if I select 2K, I run the risk of losing my seat in F if the seat is needed for pilot rest. Anyone have experience with this?

*Update* Seat 2K shows as available on my PNR seat selector, but not the seat map when searching for the flight (UA906 FRA-ORD 10/11/2013). Hmm.

Last edited by atomic3; Oct 9, 2013 at 11:20 am
Old Oct 9, 2013, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Hi all,

Flying from TLV->EWR (flight 85). Unfortunately the only seat available in 16 is a middle seat, so I'm looking for advice how you'd rank these options:

1) 16k (middle, bulkhead)
2) 21 F or 21 J (aisle)
3) 32 F (aisle)

Row 31 appears to have pros/cons (e.g. proximity to the restrooms).

Any thoughts are appreciated - thanks!

Originally Posted by beantown26

1) 16k (middle, bulkhead)
2) 21 F or 21 J (aisle)
3) 32 F (aisle)
Sorry - I meant row 31 here, not 32.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 9, 2013 at 10:36 pm Reason: merge
Old Oct 10, 2013, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
The image above is not of a 777Q
Old Oct 10, 2013, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
The image above is not of a 777Q
True - It's PMCO configuration.

Mods - can you move to this thread?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...rnational.html

FWIW, I would take the aisle seat in the middle 3 in Row 21 and hope the middle seat stays open.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:21 am

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
So I have a choice of 7A, current seat, and 6D or G - middle seats.
Is the galley going to be a prob in 7A? Should I move to row 6?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.