Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Version 1 is no longer in service (12 Feb 2017).

Note: This Wiki and thread is devoted to the pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1. There is a second thread, and more extensive Wiki about both planes, in the Wiki and thread on Version 2. This thread should be used for discussion of Version 1, although older posts may refer to Version 2 (they were split 8/30/14).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1360456-everything-you-wanted-know-about-where-sit-pmua-3-cabin-777-version-2-a.html

And, if you're looking for the thread about pmCO 777, it's here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1475682-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-pmco-777-international-5.html

How can you tell from seat map which version you're on? Look at the seat map image below - if it's this, you're on Version 1

Version 1 vs. Version 2
There are two version of the international 3-class pmUA airplane.
"Version 1" on the United website has 8 First, 40 Business, and 218 coach seats. (no longer in service)
"Version 21" has 8 First, 40 Business, and 221 coach seats. (formerly Version 2 is now Version 1).

One unique attribute of Version 1 was the crew rest seats at the back of the E+ cabin in the middle section of Rows 29 and 30 (seats DEG). On most flights these seats were curtained off and dedicated for use by the crew. However, they were sometimes available when these planes were used on shorter routes and there was no need for crew rest. They provided much better legroom and footrests. This post contains a description and pictures: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25059936-post991.html

Fixed bassinets were available in economy 19G, 34G -- none in BF or GF.
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Old May 20, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Here's the general seating thread for (the vast majority of) the 772s:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nal-cabin.html
Old May 20, 2013, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
And don't forget that you will need a USA adaptor. UA does not have international sockets on its international fleet.
Old May 20, 2013, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
And don't forget that you will need a USA adaptor. UA does not have international sockets on its international fleet.
Thanks, it's very useful information, because I'm addicted to my iPod and my music on it. But I hope there'll be some nice movies on AVOD
Old May 20, 2013, 1:02 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
IIRC, the standard European plug also works in the power adapter. Of course that could also be my faulty memory

Originally Posted by UAL.com
Inseat Power:

In-seat power outlets are available in all rows. These 110v power outlets accept plugs from the U.S. and other select countries
There are TWO outlets for every THREE seats in coach :-:

Originally Posted by MateuszK
Thanks, it's very useful information, because I'm addicted to my iPod and my music on it. But I hope there'll be some nice movies on AVOD
They have several movies, including some decent ones. Don't forget there are some good TV shows as well @:-) Mostly bad ones, but "No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain" is a very entertaining travel show, and my last flight they had an episode I haven't seen before

EmailKid
Old May 20, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
Originally Posted by CASAFlyer
If you wish to purchase E+ better to do it sooner than later, since the best seats disappears. The fee is non-refundable though, so keep that in mind if your plans are not firm.
In my experience, the non-refundable part means that you can't change your mind and decide you want to fly in E- instead. I have had the E+ fee refunded on every flight that I've had to cancel or change, and had it refunded when I've bought up to F. Granted, the sample size isn't huge, as I've only had to do this a few times outside of the 24 hour booking window.
Old May 20, 2013, 3:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mmack
We had 7 J and K recently. They are not very good seats in terms of tranquility: one does see back into the galley area, and if you're trying to sleep the noise can be annoying. On a day flight it may be less distracting.
So where does one find tranquility in C class on this aircraft? It looks to me like all the seats have a potential downside (whether it be proximity to galley, bathroom, or E).
Old May 21, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Kacee
So where does one find tranquility in C class on this aircraft? It looks to me like all the seats have a potential downside (whether it be proximity to galley, bathroom, or E).
True. But Row 6 and Row 9 are furthest away from all

Originally Posted by EmailKid
No problem, a moderator will move it to the proper Questions about 777 Seating thread

At 1m90cm you are taller than me, so you will be uncomfortable. I strongly suggest paying a little extra for E+ (Economy Plus), which will get you about 10 or so Cm more room for you knees.

Read other posts in the thread after the move, and you will see many of your questions have already been answered.

And welcome to FT.

EmailKid
One thing to bear in mind in reading response to the question is that FRA-IAH is operated by a former CO 777, so the seating is a bit different as is AVOD. So specific E+ seats desirable on the new United models aren't necessarily attractive on the CO model.

Here is configuration for that plane.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni..._777-200_6.php

Last edited by iluv2fly; May 21, 2013 at 2:44 pm Reason: merge
Old May 25, 2013, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
77Q vs 77J

I am on UA 930 SFO to LHR in J on 5/26. I have been following which aircraft they use on this route on United Cargo for some time now.
It's been the 77Q forever. However, just checked tonight and it is now a 77J (on my day only!).
I believe that is also a new configuration - at least I hope so.
What exactly is a difference between 77Q and 77J in business seats?
TIA
Old May 25, 2013, 10:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Paulchili
I am on UA 930 SFO to LHR in J on 5/26. I have been following which aircraft they use on this route on United Cargo for some time now.
It's been the 77Q forever. However, just checked tonight and it is now a 77J (on my day only!).
I believe that is also a new configuration - at least I hope so.
What exactly is a difference between 77Q and 77J in business seats?
TIA
none
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...d-77q-77j.html
Old May 25, 2013, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Thank you. I put in 77Q vs 77J into search and got a lot on nothing Maybe it should have been in quotation marks?
Old May 25, 2013, 10:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Paulchili
Thank you. I put in 77Q vs 77J into search and got a lot on nothing Maybe it should have been in quotation marks?
correct, short phrases are best searched in quotes.
Old May 26, 2013, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
2A is no longer a pilot rest seat?

I flew LAX-LHR mid-May and picked seat 2A. I was a little apprehensive about this because it all my previous experiences in sUA upgraded 777's, 2A was always used as a pilot rest seat. Even when I boarded, one of the FA's asked to double check my BP to make sure I was in the right seat. The seat itself still had the curtains that pilots use to isolate themselves from the cabin. But as it turned out, all 8 seats were used by PAX.

Is this new?
Old May 27, 2013, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by 1kBill
I flew LAX-LHR mid-May and picked seat 2A. I was a little apprehensive about this because it all my previous experiences in sUA upgraded 777's, 2A was always used as a pilot rest seat. Even when I boarded, one of the FA's asked to double check my BP to make sure I was in the right seat. The seat itself still had the curtains that pilots use to isolate themselves from the cabin. But as it turned out, all 8 seats were used by PAX.

Is this new?
Must be. Or maybe a one-off? When I flew a couple weeks ago, both 2A and 2K were blocked for pilot rest seats.
Old May 28, 2013, 12:02 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Silver, Marriott Gold
My husband and I are in C on a 777 trans-Pac (UA 850 PEK-ORD). All window seats are taken. I read through this thread and couldn't find an answer to my question.

Which combination in the middle aisle is best: 6 CD, 7 DG or 6G and 7G?
Also right now, all of the middle seats in rows 8, 9, 10 are available if any of those are recommended.
Old May 28, 2013, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by hopel
My husband and I are in C on a 777 trans-Pac (UA 850 PEK-ORD). All window seats are taken. I read through this thread and couldn't find an answer to my question.

Which combination in the middle aisle is best: 6 CD, 7 DG or 6G and 7G?
Also right now, all of the middle seats in rows 8, 9, 10 are available if any of those are recommended.
I would go 6CD - that way you're climbing over your spouse or VV. DG are the two center seats--not so idea. You can't see each other from 6G to 7G--there's a partition between the seats, so you could talk only if you stand up. (Of course, if that's what you want . . . )

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.