FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1086985-everything-you-wanted-know-about-where-sit-pmua-3-cabin-777-version-1-a.html)

flyinbob Apr 23, 2010 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by husker267 (Post 13831361)
AVOD ^
3-3-3 Config :td:

Regardless there are still three middles per row.

Originally Posted by RJNYC (Post 13831569)
^AVOD
:td:3-3-3 Config

Agreed. +1

Who said AVOD? :confused:

IADtoWhere Apr 23, 2010 4:36 pm

Does anyone recognize the make/model of the AVOD system?

PanHam Apr 23, 2010 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by flyinbob (Post 13831606)
Who said AVOD? :confused:

http://crankyflier.com/2009/01/07/fo...configuration/

Not clear if there will be a charge, though, according the The CrankyFlier post.

RodeoLinebacker Apr 23, 2010 4:40 pm

Will be interesting to see how comfortable the new seats are, but dang, what idiot engineer keeps locating the seat controls, recliner button, power ports, headphone jack, etc. on the inside of the armrest? :mad:

As a big boy, my thigh will invariably press upon anything on that surface and my seat back will recline unexpectedly among other things that can happen.

As for the new screens I wonder if these will have a tilt angle adjustment when the person in front of you reclines. I find the portable dig-e-players on AS a lot more user-friendly than these seatback-mounted systems (and they have more programming options too).

uastarflyer Apr 23, 2010 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by RodeoLinebacker (Post 13831656)
As for the new screens I wonder if these will have a tilt angle adjustment when the person in front of you reclines.

Yes you can see that in 43H and 42J (right side middle seat). The cutout all around the screen is another giveaway.

In the other big thread it was stated that seat recline would actually be the seat cushion moving forward and not so much the seatback leaning back. Wonder if that is the case.

Another random question - do the headrests have foldable wings? They look awfully thick.

And another observation: E- doesn't look as cramped as the current E- product. Not that I care to test the theory or anything.

lax2010 Apr 23, 2010 4:54 pm

Thank you UnitePR for sharing the first look of the new Y cabin. Why are we not seeing the C/F cabin as I am pretty sure they are available? Or should we wait to see them from the passenger instead? Why would you want to miss the opportunity for showing them off first hand as PR?

Now, Are we going to hear about your planned deployment schedule soon and again I am pretty sure you have it :-).

worldtrav Apr 23, 2010 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by LAXOGG (Post 13831203)
Nice......

Any photos of F and C?

F and C are the same as the current IPTE airplanes, the real difference is in the back of the bus.

To answer the question about the IFE system, it is a Panasonic system, don't know the model number. AVOD in all classes, touch screen in economy except for first rows of each cabin. Also, I think the seat bottom slides forward.

JohnnyP Apr 23, 2010 5:31 pm

Whoever at United made the decision to do the 3-3-3 seating should be relegated to flying in a lavatory the rest of their lives. The 2-5-2 seating in the old config was one of the few nice things about flying in economy class on the 777.

Glad you added AVOD. I would echo the other FTer who said that a touchscreen on a seatback is a bad idea. Having had that experience on AA, I'm not a fan.

Karter Apr 23, 2010 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by flyingbroom (Post 13831257)
and what happened to 17 a-b and 21 hj?

Either 17B or 21H are the only seats I've flown on in UA economy for the past several years. I'm gonna avoid the 777 altogether now. When "Mrs Karter" and I travel together, there's now gonna be some gooseberry sat between us. Not cool. :td::td::td: :(:(:(

And what's the point of reconfiguring all the planes with this seating? Sounds like a waste of money to me. So maybe the pax who aren't even members of MP will prefer this to being in the middle of a row of 5, but these people would fly Rubbish Airways if it were 5 quid cheaper... so why bother pleasing them?!

cesco.g Apr 23, 2010 5:53 pm

Thanks for posting the pix, UnitedPR!

While the looks is one thing, the more important will be the actual travel experience in those new seats. Certainly would like to see some C & F pix, especially re the actual cabin layout.

n9536j Apr 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by husker267 (Post 13831361)
AVOD ^
3-3-3 Config :td:

Regardless there are still three middles per row.

And what did 2-5-2 give you?

Looks OK to me but I hope I never have to sit there. Would like to see E+.

flyinbob Apr 23, 2010 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by PanHam (Post 13831643)
http://crankyflier.com/2009/01/07/fo...configuration/

Not clear if there will be a charge, though, according the The CrankyFlier post.

Saw that before.

What I noticed today was no such comment from "UnitedPR". :confused:

nevansm Apr 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Looks like @unitedairlines just confirmed power ports. Not specified which kind though...

"Also OnDemandVideo & powerports RT @robdean218 @UnitedAirlines is this just a shift from 2-5-2 to 3-3-3 in economy? looks like a nice cabin!"

http://twitter.com/UnitedAirlines/status/12734306921

seagar Apr 23, 2010 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by flyingbroom (Post 13831257)
:td: to 3-3-3 seating

+1 :td: very disappointing...and how was this an improvement with the customer in mind? With everyone moving to iPods and personal media the decision to go 3 3 3 was based upon electronics?...was once a good airline

IADtoWhere Apr 23, 2010 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by seagar (Post 13832168)
+1 :td: very disappointing...and how was this an improvement with the customer in mind? With everyone moving to iPods and personal media the decision to go 3 3 3 was based upon electronics?...was once a good airline

I believe it was based both on electronics and a lack of availability of the new seats in a 5 across config. Also there were reports that in a 5 across arrangement the seats failed the new 16G crash safety standard.