Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated FRA connection time/logistics-Domestic & International

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated FRA connection time/logistics-Domestic & International

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2021, 9:44 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
What other carrier?
What terminal / gate is the EU flight coming into?
Single ticket?

You will need to exit the schengen area for the UA departure.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
What other carrier?
What terminal / gate is the EU flight coming into?
Single ticket?

You will need to exit the schengen area for the UA departure.
Single ticket. TAP from Lisbon. Looks like TAP arrives unknown gate terminal 1 in FRA , and United leaves from terminal 1 Z gates.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
Single ticket. TAP from Lisbon. Looks like TAP arrives unknown gate terminal 1 in FRA , and United leaves from terminal 1 Z gates.
A to Z transit is easy. Somewhere along the way there will be document check for your COVID test.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 1:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by TomMM
A to Z transit is easy. Somewhere along the way there will be document check for your COVID test.
they checked everyone’s papers to get to the gate areas and it was a 20 minute line
Old Jul 11, 2021, 12:11 am

Tight!

Originally Posted by blitzen
they checked everyone’s papers to get to the gate areas and it was a 20 minute line
United has me booked on a 45 minute connection at FRA, so I’ll try to see if there’s an earlier flight into FRA that they can put me on. Wonder if United would hold a TATL flight for a connecting passenger?
Old Jul 11, 2021, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Were they putting stickers on BPs after checking documents?
Old Jul 11, 2021, 5:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by TomMM
Were they putting stickers on BPs after checking documents?
yes at the check in counter
i was SSSS but everyone had to wait in one long line just before getting to the gate
Old Jul 11, 2021, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yes at the check in counter
i was SSSS but everyone had to wait in one long line just before getting to the gate
Seems like the process isn't much different than pre-covid with the exception of the documentation they are checking. They have always checked docs at the gate or at the desks in the hall leading to the gates. I've had SSSS once at FRA and the process was pretty painless from what I remember.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
United has me booked on a 45 minute connection at FRA, so I’ll try to see if there’s an earlier flight into FRA that they can put me on. Wonder if United would hold a TATL flight for a connecting passenger?
I wouldn't try that pre-covid, and I certainly wouldn't now. And I have a fairly high risk tolerance for connections.

I'd be very surprised if United held a TATL for a connecting passenger.
coolbeans202 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 2:48 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Quick warning for all those connecting in Frankfurt - United no longer staffs their transit desk in what I was told was a cost cutting move - the transit desk directions tell you to go to the ticket desk (by entering Germany lol).

I was unfortunately forced to route via FRA when UA messed up my flights via LHR - and I landed with no boarding pass. Had to fight my way through security - and then through the security check in the Z concourse - and finally found some nice agents boarding the ORD flight who could print me a BP.

This is a joke - it doesn’t have to be this hard!

Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Quick warning for all those connecting in Frankfurt - United no longer staffs their transit desk in what I was told was a cost cutting move - the transit desk directions tell you to go to the ticket desk (by entering Germany lol).

I was unfortunately forced to route via FRA when UA messed up my flights via LHR - and I landed with no boarding pass. Had to fight my way through security - and then through the security check in the Z concourse - and finally found some nice agents boarding the ORD flight who could print me a BP.

This is a joke - it doesn’t have to be this hard!

That is really crazy for a major hub. That can't last, right....?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
That is really crazy for a major hub. That can't last, right....?
The nice Lufthansa agent told me that yes - it’s that way - and so did the poor agent boarding the ord flight while I’m screaming at her that I need a boarding pass for the Senator lounge lol

United has really changed - if I didn’t know what to do today there is zero doubt I would still be in Frankfurt and UA wouldn’t care…. How else do you explain this?
SPN Lifer and goodeats21 like this.

Last edited by bmwe92fan; Apr 19, 2022 at 7:14 am
Old May 3, 2022, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by truncated
Longer flight to FRA and no transit security vs. shorter overnight to LHR and having to reclear security seems to favor FRA as well
Quick question -- have you been able to arrive at FRA from a non-Schengen country and connect to a Schengen country without a security check at FRA?
Old May 3, 2022, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quick question -- have you been able to arrive at FRA from a non-Schengen country and connect to a Schengen country without a security check at FRA?
My memory might be going, but I'm almost certain when I arrive from US and connect to Schengen, it's passport control only.
Old May 3, 2022, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Almost always. Unless you arrive in C for some strange reason then things get ugly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.