Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at FRA

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at FRA

Old Aug 15, 19, 1:18 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jonisflying View Post
I'm flying TPA-EWR-FRA-GOT tomorrow, and the last leg, FRA-GOT is on Lufthansa (016 stock, UA Flight #, operated by LH). I checked in on the United App and it gave me all three boarding passes (TPA-EWR, EWR-FRA, and FRA-GOT).

I thought I was going to have to get a paper boarding pass for the LH flight, but am I good to go with the BP in the UA App?? If so, that is great news!

Also, I've got a nice 3 hour connection which should be good based on everything I've read here. This is my first time transiting through FRA (I'm routing through MUC on the return). Suggestions? Tips? Advice?
Follow the signs for A gates where your flight to GOT departs. From US arrivals in Z to A you simply go downstairs and go through passport control but no security. The SEN lounge in A is on the way to gate A50.
Old Aug 15, 19, 1:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Follow the signs for A gates where your flight to GOT departs. From US arrivals in Z to A you simply go downstairs and go through passport control but no security. The SEN lounge in A is on the way to gate A50.
Awesome! Thank you!
Old Aug 15, 19, 4:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
....Also, I've got a nice 3 hour connection which should be good based on everything I've read here. This is my first time transiting through FRA (I'm routing through MUC on the return). Suggestions? Tips? Advice?
Very extensive (& expensive) shopping area, but I head for the (semi-}serenity off the Senator lounge
jonisflying likes this.
Old Aug 15, 19, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Definitely enjoy the lounge, which will be nice (but probably crowded). I also enjoy walking around some after a long flight. FRA is nothing special, but it is efficient (generally), has solid lounges, good shopping, and is nice for people watching. Enjoy!

MUC, btw, is very easy to get around and is a very nice airport. One of the best in Europe. Enjoy your trip to Sweden!
jonisflying likes this.
Old Aug 15, 19, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by UAL250 View Post
Definitely enjoy the lounge, which will be nice (but probably crowded). I also enjoy walking around some after a long flight. FRA is nothing special, but it is efficient (generally), has solid lounges, good shopping, and is nice for people watching. Enjoy!

MUC, btw, is very easy to get around and is a very nice airport. One of the best in Europe. Enjoy your trip to Sweden!
Thank you! I get home next Saturday and turn around and fly to Warsaw on Sunday, through LHR on LOT... everyone thinks Iím crazy for flying all the way home, but Iím getting oh so much closer to $50k PQD... LOL, so hoping I make GS next year. The nice part is that I have a few free days in Sweden and 2 free days in Warsaw!

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Very extensive (& expensive) shopping area, but I head for the (semi-}serenity off the Senator lounge
Thank you!
Old Aug 16, 19, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Thank you! I get home next Saturday and turn around and fly to Warsaw on Sunday, through LHR on LOT... everyone thinks I’m crazy for flying all the way home, but I’m getting oh so much closer to $50k PQD... LOL, so hoping I make GS next year. The nice part is that I have a few free days in Sweden and 2 free days in Warsaw!
I'm impressed you're chasing GS and have never been to FRA

This lowly 1K probably transits there 3x annually.
Old Aug 16, 19, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by findark View Post

LOL! 3x LHR, 2x YYZ, 1 HKG, 1 SIN, and a bunch of domestic (a lot of TPA-IAD). Booked travel through September has me at $48,000+ PQD and a bunch of new airports, including FRA & MUC finally!
Old Aug 16, 19, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by findark View Post

A very good point, and I would also be shocked. But for some reason I have never found the routes through there to be a big PQD generator. Maybe it is the competition that keeps fares down. I've had the misfortune of visiting the palace of the bus 4x this year and it still seems Asia/Australia dwarfs it in PQD.

Search this Thread