Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lounge Options at NRT" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1649271-consolidated-ua-gold-lounge-options-nrt-thread-2015-a.html
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lounge Options at NRT" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2010, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by SF1K
Just to be clear I'm guessing this is the one in Satellite 5 not 4 - correct?
Yes, that's correct. Enjoy the sake, the noodles, the views and the atmosphere. One of my fav lounges anywhere!!
Dave
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:19 am

Programs: UA MP 2P
Haven't flown internationally in a while, would someone enlighten me on getting into the ANA lounge at NRT when I'm travelling on an C award tix? I've read through many posts and haven't found my answer.

Also, is 3 hours enough time to hit up both RCC (for a shower) and ANA for some food?

Thanks for all your help.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by beachdoc06
Haven't flown internationally in a while, would someone enlighten me on getting into the ANA lounge at NRT when I'm travelling on an C award tix? I've read through many posts and haven't found my answer.

Also, is 3 hours enough time to hit up both RCC (for a shower) and ANA for some food?

Thanks for all your help.
Yes, you can get into the ANA lounge on a C award ticket. Yes 3 hours is enough time for the RCC and ANA. ANA has showers too and now that the RCC amenity kits are gone, you might as well just stick with the ANA lounge.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:40 am

Programs: UA MP 2P
Great, thanks for the speedy reply!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does NRT ANA Lounge Personnel Advise You to use RCC when Flying in Y?

I don't have enough sample size to declare a pattern but it seems when I fly C or F, the ANA personnel in NRT never suggest that I use the RCC.

When I fly Y, I seem to get the "use RCC" suggestion. Since in the American culture, suggestion is simply a suggestion, I proceed to the ANA lounge. I suppose it might be taken more seriously if offered in Japanese to Japanese passengers?

Has anyone noticed this?

Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 4:39 pm

Programs: nobody
They never made that suggestion when I show my 1k card and economy boarding pass. The only thing they mentioned were they won't announce boarding on UA flights.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by username
I don't have enough sample size to declare a pattern but it seems when I fly C or F, the ANA personnel in NRT never suggest that I use the RCC.

When I fly Y, I seem to get the "use RCC" suggestion. Since in the American culture, suggestion is simply a suggestion, I proceed to the ANA lounge. I suppose it might be taken more seriously if offered in Japanese to Japanese passengers?

Has anyone noticed this?

Thanks.
Is that a recent change? How recent did you receive that suggestion? How many times (approx.) did you receive that suggestion?
Old Feb 22, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by sfo
Since I don't drink and besides the noodle bar being closed does the ANA lounge have some decent food to nibble on or should I go to the SQ lounge, suggestions please.
ANA lounge at NRT has better food than RCC at NRT. They don't care which you enter.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 9:40 pm

Programs: Too Many
The few times I have flown UA Y, I have just shown my RCC Card, and never had a problem getting into the NH Business Lounge.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lax2010
Is that a recent change? How recent did you receive that suggestion? How many times (approx.) did you receive that suggestion?
I have crossed the ocean 3 times in the last 6 weeks - 1 in C, 1 in Y and 1 in F. Only the time I presented the Y boarding pass late January, I got the suggestion.

Then I also recalled the previous times (I do this 3-4 r/t a year) and wonder if this was a pattern.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 11:45 pm

Hi, I'm flying into NRT on CO and out on UA. Long layover.

I have a US Airways Club paid membership. Will that get me and a guest into both the RCC and ANA lounge, even though I'm only *Silver and traveling in coach?

Also, this is my first time connecting at NRT. I understand you have to go through some kind of security when transiting, is that correct? If so, do you go to the lounges before or after that?

Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2011, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by cactus47
Hi, I'm flying into NRT on CO and out on UA. Long layover.

I have a US Airways Club paid membership. Will that get me and a guest into both the RCC and ANA lounge, even though I'm only *Silver and traveling in coach?

Also, this is my first time connecting at NRT. I understand you have to go through some kind of security when transiting, is that correct? If so, do you go to the lounges before or after that?

Thanks!
Yes, Red Carpet Club and Star Alliance Lounge access is a benefit of your US Airways Club membership, with same day boarding pass requirement for Star Alliance Lounge Access. Make sure you have your club membership card with you when you travel, you will need it.

Upon arrival in NRT, you will go through security first (follow the signs for connecting flights), then the lounges, gates, shops, etc. It's very easy.

-David
Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
I've used the RCC showers at NRT (both with and without amenity kits). If I understand correctly, the amenity kits are back again. I'll find out in just another week.

I enjoy the showers at RCC. Are the ANA showers a lot better or same? If same, I will probably stick with RCC as I'm not that interested in eating while in the lounge. The simple snacks at RCC are plenty for me.

Compare the showers, if you've done both, please. Thanks.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: UA, CX, BR
The RCC showers are somewhat nicer--bigger, airier; the amenity kits are back. ANA showers are perfectly OK nevertheless. But the nicer ANA lounge (around gate 50) is still closed from the earthquake.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Yes, Red Carpet Club and Star Alliance Lounge access is a benefit of your US Airways Club membership, with same day boarding pass requirement for Star Alliance Lounge Access. Make sure you have your club membership card with you when you travel, you will need it.

Upon arrival in NRT, you will go through security first (follow the signs for connecting flights), then the lounges, gates, shops, etc. It's very easy.

-David
Thanks, David. I was pretty confident it would get me RCC access since it has the RCC logo on the back -- I don't even think I need to be flying a *A carrier for that. Was more concerned about ANA, since everyone else seems to access the lounge either through class of service or *Gold status. I usually just fly weekly hops between DCA and BOS on US, and I thought the club card was worth it just for a 1/2-hour wait per trip. Am excited to finally use it at the awesome NRT lounges -- will make the membership totally worth it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.