Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lounge Options at NRT" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1649271-consolidated-ua-gold-lounge-options-nrt-thread-2015-a.html
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lounge Options at NRT" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2010, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
so 3 hours layover, walk to ANA F or intl UA F? plus I would like a shower
Old Jun 2, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
so 3 hours layover, walk to ANA F or intl UA F? plus I would like a shower
Three hours is plenty of time to walk to the NH Lounge. I'd recommend the one furthest away from the UA gates as that one is on the 2nd floor and provides nice views, whereas the one closest to the UA gates is underground.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
I'd recommend the one furthest away from the UA gates as that one is on the 2nd floor and provides nice views, whereas the one closest to the UA gates is underground.
+1 ^
Absolutely!! The runway views in the mid to late afternoon are great with all the big birds coming in .
Enjoy!
Dave
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
RCC vs ANA first class lounges at NRT

I'll be having the opportunity to use both the RCC and ANA first class lounges at Narito on my upcoming trip to BKK. What do these lounges have to offer? I am not into massages, so count that out.

I assume there will be food/drink/showers... what other special ammenities should I consider, since it may be a long time before I have another opportunity to check out these first class lounges!
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:39 am

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by sim510
I'll be having the opportunity to use both the RCC and ANA first class lounges at Narito on my upcoming trip to BKK. What do these lounges have to offer? I am not into massages, so count that out.

I assume there will be food/drink/showers... what other special ammenities should I consider, since it may be a long time before I have another opportunity to check out these first class lounges!

Considering you have a long time in NRT try both of them out.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:43 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
They're not too far apart so you can sample both. The ANA lounge has a nice sake selection and you can get some udon noodles... but the United IFL is a nice lounge too. Both have showers.

Keep in mind.. the first class lounge is separate from the RCC and will be less crowded. ANA also has a separate lounge for first class which is better than their business class lounge (which is in a basement and is pretty dark..at least the one closest to the UA gates is).

Last edited by SEA1K4EVR; Jul 12, 2010 at 9:54 am
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:47 am
In Memoriam

ana

We always transit to the ANA lounge. It is not too far, and gernerally tends to be less crowded than the RCC.

There is also a much greater selection of food and sake than at the RCC.

wwbgd
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
In any airport, in any situation, if you have a choice between the RCC and another *A lounge, pick the other lounge.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
In any airport, in any situation, if you have a choice between the RCC and another *A lounge, pick the other lounge.
I disagree with that at least at NRT (for business class). The RCC is a nice bright lounge and it has good shower facilities..the ANA lounge is fine too but it's dark in there. I personally don't care about sake (they have sake in the RCC too..just not as much variety). The atmosphere in the ANA business class lounge nearest the UA gates is not superior to the RCC.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Agreed.

To the OP, the ANA F lounge is quite nice, its never been crowded when I was there, they have plenty of nice sake and you can get noodles as well. Also if you are a smoker they have a smoking room in the lounge.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
The RCC is a nice bright lounge and it has good shower facilities..the ANA lounge is fine too but it's dark in there.
In fairness, I believe that you're discussing a different lounge than is mahasmatman. I am just about certain that he is referring to the lounge by the 50 gates and I don't think you are.
The NH lounge near 50 has a fantastic runway view.
The atmosphere in the ANA business class lounge nearest the UA gates is not superior to the RCC.
That may be, but again, I believe we're talking at cross purposes, since we're discussing different lounges, IMO.

Dave
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by bseller
In fairness, I believe that you're discussing a different lounge than is mahasmatman.
In fairness he is very clearly referring to all lounges everywhere "any airport, any situation". Which IMO at NRT is not correct. He apparently thinks that the RCC is inferior in all cases and that's just fine, I'm just saying that at NRT I disagree.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:39 am
In Memoriam

ana

I think Bseller is correct. I too was referring to the ANA lounge near gate 50. Sorry for the confusion.

wwbgd
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In fairness he is very clearly referring to all lounges everywhere "any airport, any situation".
I have it on good authority that your "sarcasm detector" is broken!

Dave
Old Aug 13, 2010, 6:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by WWBGD
I think Bseller is correct. I too was referring to the ANA lounge near gate 50. Sorry for the confusion.

wwbgd
Just to be clear I'm guessing this is the one in Satellite 5 not 4 - correct? We'll have 4 hours at NRT on Tuesday so looking for the best choice. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.