Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lounge Options at NRT" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1649271-consolidated-ua-gold-lounge-options-nrt-thread-2015-a.html
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lounge Options at NRT" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
I was just there last week- I used the RCC first (flying UA C) and showed my RCC card for myself and a guest. I showered/ate/used the magic beer machine and then went to the ANA lounge at the other end of the terminal for noodles and sake bar, showed my BP and my 1K *G card, and entered the ANA lounge no problem, again with the same guest.

So...I dunno. Maybe the web is wrong?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:46 am

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by JSlo
I was just there last week- I used the RCC first (flying UA C) and showed my RCC card for myself and a guest. I showered/ate/used the magic beer machine and then went to the ANA lounge at the other end of the terminal for noodles and sake bar, showed my BP and my 1K *G card, and entered the ANA lounge no problem, again with the same guest.
FWIW, I was at NRT on January 2nd and had no problems gaining access to the NH Lounge. I figure if this was being enforced, we'd probably see a FT thread about it already.

I agree with those that say that this is completely against the spirit of *A. Anyway, if I was transiting at NRT, I'd still give the NH Lounge a shot.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 8:08 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
FWIW, I was at NRT on January 2nd and had no problems gaining access to the NH Lounge.
Funny, same here. Same day, 2 January, no problems accessing the NH lounge. Flying UA metal, NC, SFO-NRT-BKK.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Any recent experiences regarding entrance to the ANA lounge as a UA C passenger, with and without *G status?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 5:41 pm

I just used the NH lounge on 3/1 without any problem. I am not sure what's the reason people are discussing this since I have been using that lounge for the past 4 years. I'm 1K and regardless whether if I am flying business of economy, there is no problem entering ANA lounge.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA, CX, BR
Not only no problem using lounge, but the desk agents seem to have ceased asking if you're sure you don't want to use the RCC instead (maybe they recognize me now).
Old May 12, 2010, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K
no more H2O amenity kits

was just at RCC lounge today. No more of those nice H2O amenity kits when you shower there-they switched They are using "Plegaria" shampoo/etc and just placing the little bottles in the shower room
Old May 12, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by jjmmd2003
was just at RCC lounge today. No more of those nice H2O amenity kits when you shower there-they switched They are using "Plegaria" shampoo/etc and just placing the little bottles in the shower room
.... and you need to wear reading glasses into the shower to figure out which is the shampoo.
Old May 12, 2010, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Spent about 2 hours at NRT yesterday. Hands down the ANA F lounge trumps UA IFC. From the service to the food presentation to the imported French ice cream (on request only), there's no contest.

Doubt I'll ever venture to the UA RCC/IFC again in NRT. *Always* worth the walk to either ANA lounge.....
Old May 13, 2010, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by ainternational
Spent about 2 hours at NRT yesterday. Hands down the ANA F lounge trumps UA IFC. From the service to the food presentation to the imported French ice cream (on request only), there's no contest.

Doubt I'll ever venture to the UA RCC/IFC again in NRT. *Always* worth the walk to either ANA lounge.....
I also noticed they added hot food options (other than noodle bar, bite-sized sushi, sandwich, soup, etc.) at NH F lounge when I was there 2 days ago. Yes, Fauchon ice cream is alive.

They still provide L'Occitane shower kit while it looks like the contents might have been downsized if I remember the previous ones correctly...

When I stopped by UA IFL later, most of food plates were empty, but no one was replenishing while I was there.

Last edited by FlyMan; May 13, 2010 at 1:01 am
Old May 27, 2010, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA-Plat DL-Plat (did status match on DL before losing EXP on AA)
UA RCC at NRT Stamps Boarding Pass

Anyone know why the NRT UA RCC is stamping the boarding pass when you enter with a rubber stamp something like 'Narita Red Carpet Club'?

Does getting the BP stamp prevent one from lounge hopping to ANA's lounges?

I asked the attendant why they stamped my BP and she said it was to permit me re-entry. But, in the past, all they wanted with a UA (C) BP was just to see the BP - they never scanned it or anything.

I went to the ANA lounge first, and spent only few minutes at the UA RCC so didn't try going back to ANA with the RCC stamp on the BP.
On the other transit through NRT where I went to RCC first and they put the stamp in, I just used a different (unstamped) copy of the BP to enter ANA instead of trying to test the theory that it might be to try and stop lounge hoppers like me.
Old May 28, 2010, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by vrichard
Does getting the BP stamp prevent one from lounge hopping to ANA's lounges?
There is NO rule which would prevent an otherwise entitled pax from going to more than one *A lounge, stamped BP or not stamped BP.

Dave
Old Jun 2, 2010, 1:36 am

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Thumbs up Narita First Class lounge photo report

On one of our trips taking SQ F from NRT to LAX, we decided to visit the UA F lounge instead of the ANA F lounge. Here is a photo report of our visit:

http://AirlineExpert.com/_UA_NRT_F_Lounge_p1.html
Old Jun 2, 2010, 1:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
That's a nice looking lounge
Old Jun 2, 2010, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K/Global Services, VS Silver, HH Gold
Was there (F lounge) a couple of months ago. Very solid lounge, not crowded at all and a great view of flight operations. Even though overcast nice views of the heavies taking off as well.

You take an elevator from the RCC level, though I did not go too far into the RCC it seemed rather packed and loud.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.