Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lounge Options at NRT" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1649271-consolidated-ua-gold-lounge-options-nrt-thread-2015-a.html
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lounge Options at NRT" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010, 2:07 am

Programs: MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
I was at the NRT RCC just a couple of days ago for an intra-Asia flight in the morning and was quite impressed with the chocolate croissants and onigiri. Was in a hurry so literally just grabbed the snacks and ran. ;-)
Old Feb 4, 2010, 7:19 am

Programs: A3*G, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by sfo
Since I don't drink and besides the noodle bar being closed does the ANA lounge have some decent food to nibble on or should I go to the SQ lounge, suggestions please.
The SQ lounge at NRT has been closed since 2006... your only real option is the ANA lounge. And yes, there's plenty of food even without the noodle bar. Last week there were two soup options (vegetable and seafood bisque), new croissant sandwiches, mini sandwiches, the usual sushi, onigiri, etc. And leave room for ice cream too.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 7:23 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by indo79
Who said anything about RCC having sushi? It is the NH lounge
RCC almost always has Inarizushi.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, HH Gold, and SPG Gold
I took a shower in RCC and ate sushi drank saki in ANA lounge. Not bad at all!
Old Feb 7, 2010, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K / CO PLT
Personally, I think IFL for UA at nartia airport is comparable to ANA first class lounge. ANA first class lounge does have a order-as-you-desire 9 option soba/udon bar, but the quality is, IMO, not extarordinary.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
Can anyone provide more detailed comparison btw showers in RCC and NH C? I've never tried to take a shower in RCC yet. Thanks.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Originally Posted by c.l.i.a
Can anyone provide more detailed comparison btw showers in RCC and NH C? I've never tried to take a shower in RCC yet. Thanks.
Never tried shower in the NH lounge but am a real fan of the RCC shower. Hope this helps you compare against NH.

You check in with the receptionist at the shower area. When a room is available she will trade your BP for a placard with the stall number and an amenity kit. This kit quite nice, most recently was H20 products, with shampoo, shower gel, bar soap, toothbruth, toothpaste, fragrance if memory serves, all packed in a clear vinyl bag. (People have put up unopened kits for sale on ebay). The shower area has about a dozen, maybe a few more stalls. Internally the space is about six feet wide by perhaps 10 to 12 feet long. You will find inside a place where you can sit down by the door, then is the sink and toilet. Shower area is say 2.5 x 6 feet, good water pressure, goodly amount of hot water controlled by European style antiscald valve, all coming out of fixed nozzle about 6 1/2 feet up. Bath mat placed on floor outside shower stall, also shower, bath and face towels sealed in plastic bag placed on seating area; big floor fan for ventilation, however hairdryers recently removed. Whole room done up in typical restrained Japanese style and colors. Overall I find it relaxing especially after flying in from ORD. (However I decamp to the NH lounge for their noodles - sob, closed for renovations, also the massage chairs.)

Be aware that the showers are extremely popular. If you have to wait, you trade your BP for a pager that will beep when it's your turn for an empty stall; never had to wait more than 20 minutes.

Last edited by dsgtc0408; Feb 7, 2010 at 9:00 pm
Old Feb 7, 2010, 9:32 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
This is a comparison of the NH & UA IFL showers, but it is probably pretty close to what one finds while in C.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
Never tried shower in the NH lounge but am a real fan of the RCC shower. Hope this helps you compare against NH. ... ...
Wow, thanks, Dsgtc0408.

Seems more people are in favor of RCC shower so I just curious the reasons.

Every time I passed NRT, I went to NH C lounge if I had enough time – I would take a shower and have some food (noodle, sushi, snack...) then; or stayed in RCC for drinks if the time was short. The NH C shower is similar to what you described. The amenity kit is too (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, toothbrush and toothpaste – don’t remember the brand but not bad for me, body lotion and a hair brush). The hair brush is very nice for people with short hair (the bristle is short) as it is easy to carry in your briefcase or purse. There is no floor fan so it could be hot after shower. Hair dryer is available.

Btw, I found the wirelesss connection in NH lounge is more reliable for me, compared to RCC (sometimes difficult to connect or slow speed). But this could be an issue with my computer.

I will try RCC next time.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
Bath mat placed on floor outside shower stall, also shower, bath and face towels sealed in plastic bag placed on seating area; big floor fan for ventilation, however hairdryers recently removed.
The hair dryers are no longer stored in the shower room but are available from the receptionist when checking in for the shower.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:30 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by LarryU
The hair dryers are no longer stored in the shower room but are available from the receptionist when checking in for the shower.
Thanks for the update! That will save me some trouble.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:13 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Traveling in C on LH and went to NH lounge without issue. At RCC the agent asked me if I "really wanted to go to the RCC instead of the NH lounge" and THEN mentioned to me, "You can only go to one lounge."

I've never heard this policy before and wonder if it's made up. Just in case, if you are *A in C, hit-up NH first then the RCC in case this rule is real. BTW, I did not flash my RCC card, which perhaps would have been the way to push against the rule even if it were attempted to be enforced.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 1:49 am

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by uchuuace
I've never heard this policy before and wonder if it's made up. Just in case, if you are *A in C, hit-up NH first then the RCC in case this rule is real. BTW, I did not flash my RCC card, which perhaps would have been the way to push against the rule even if it were attempted to be enforced.
I doubt this policy is true. After all, I feel like FTers always talk about how they like to lounge hop during a long layover. Also, how would they know if you had been in a different *A lounge?

In regards to the lounges, I haven't been in the NRT RCC in ages and during my recent layovers in NRT, I went to the NH Lounges and enjoyed myself immensely there. The one further away from the UA gates (near the gates in the 50s) is nicer than the one near the gates in the 40s. The main difference is that the one near the 40s gates is underground and features pretty much no windows.

I'm amazed at how important people think the shower packs are, to the point of being willing to wait for a shower room at the RCC. I found the shower rooms to be very nice at the NH Lounge, as was the food. I particularly enjoyed the hot noodle bar and I can't seem to get enough of their finger sandwiches.

If anyone is interested, I can post some pictures.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 3:32 pm

Location: Westchester with HPN (LGA, JFK, EWR possible but...)
Programs: AA EXP, UA PP, HHonor Diamond, etc.
ANA (NH) policy changed for lounge use...

Japanese ANA website mentioned that only ANA metal pax may use their lounges (from 1/1/10 from Japanese version of "flyertalk").

I confirmed both English and Japanese page below say so...

http://www.ana.co.jp/int/svc/w_jp/g/lounge/nrt/(Japanese)

http://www.ana.co.jp/int/svc/w_en/g/lounge/nrt// (English)

This May, I plan to visit Japan first time with *G status, and thought nice to try both RCC and ANA Lounge
Old Feb 11, 2010, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by uecsome
Japanese ANA website mentioned that only ANA metal pax may use their lounges (from 1/1/10 from Japanese version of "flyertalk").

I confirmed both English and Japanese page below say so...

http://www.ana.co.jp/int/svc/w_jp/g/lounge/nrt/(Japanese)

http://www.ana.co.jp/int/svc/w_en/g/lounge/nrt// (English)

This May, I plan to visit Japan first time with *G status, and thought nice to try both RCC and ANA Lounge
Wow, that really sucks. I'm transiting through NRT in March in UA C and was planning to use the udon bar.

IT also goes against *A's lounge policy of allowing *Gs to enter. I wonder if that website is going to be updated now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.